Shooting, Gun Retention, Jams, and Jail Time
I don't know if this video was ever posted before, but YouTube has a way of sucking me into its depths and I find the most interesting stuff sometimes.
You will certainly have to watch the video to join in the discussion so without further adieu, here's the video to view...
The things I would like to discuss/questions I have are as follows:
1. How incredibly quick the entire incident went down. So fast, if you watch closely, the police officer didn't even have time to lift his hand in his own defense. This is NOT a bash on the Officer. He was pulling the guy over for a loud stereo, nothing more, and I don't think any one of us could have reacted any faster.
2. What kind of a piece of crap gun was the bad guy using that jammed up so completely (though, in this case, it was a very GOOD thing)?
3. I am amazed the Police Officer had the presence of mind to retain his weapon despite what had just happened. Cudoes to him for retaining his weapon and saving his own life. Was that good training or just the will to survive (probably a bit of both)?
4. I COMPLETELY understood why the officer responded the way he did and also why he really didn't hit anything. I don't think my aim would be that great after that either.
5. The end of the video REALLY made me angry. Why the bad guy didn't get the chair is completely beyond me. After seeing the video there is no reason why he should not have been issued the death penalty (in my humble opinion).
So let's here it... sound off.