Dumb kid Lucky kid

This is a discussion on Dumb kid Lucky kid within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by packinnova I'm not sure I'd be feeling awful...maybe awful because of all the court costs, time spent waiting in jail etc, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb kid Lucky kid

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be feeling awful...maybe awful because of all the court costs, time spent waiting in jail etc, and "MAYBE" for the anguish the dumb shmucks mother feels... I see nothing wrong with it. A) you dont know at the time that it's not a real gun, B) the same type of person that will "hold you up" with a bb gun will do it again with a REAL gun if they have access to it. The same type of person is lacking in proper morals and consequently deserves what's coming!
    Thats what I was thinking. Kids have,and can have access to 'real' firearms,so in a situation like that, I feel as though you have no choice but to assume its a real firearm,and its loaded.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

2. Remove Ads

A moment to decide could be your last...

Fake or Phony...only the coroner can decide...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    There have been a fairly large number of robberies committed with fake guns. Some BGs think that it will get them a lighter sentence if caught, since they weren't really armed. Some use the most gun-like thing that is handy, and some even use a finger in the pocket. All it gets the BG is a chance for the Darwin Award.
    Yep. I seem to remember an incident not too long ago where a BG tried to rob someone with a fake 1911, only to have the victim draw his real 1911 and shoot him.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Yep. I seem to remember an incident not too long ago where a BG tried to rob someone with a fake 1911, only to have the victim draw his real 1911 and shoot him.
    Read it here
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...highlight=fake
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    That's the one. Thanks.

Quoted from last year on another forum I frequent:

Today for lunch I hit a drive thru, then decide to cruise along the beach before heading back to the office. I drive a jeep wrangler so driving along the beach with no top or doors is just one of those little pleasures.

After a couple miles I decided to head back. There is a main highway running paralell to the beach about 2 miles north with lots of roads heading north / south to get from the beach to the highway.

I turned right up one of these north / south roads. The road was a going through a mostly undeveloped woodsy area until about the last 3/4 of a mile where a neighborhood had been built on my right. A very nice looking neighborhood. With houses that look like they were in the $500,000 range.

A blue suburban stops at a stop sign before pulling out of the neighborhood. Instead of remaining stopped, it pulls out into the street and stops hard blocking the lane. This forces me to put my brakes on harder than I would like to in a jeep. I came to a squeeling stop and was staring at the driver with a W.T.F. look. He was probably around 17 or 18. There are three other kids in the suburban around the same age. The kid in the passenger seat gets out leaving his door open. I'm still sitting in the jeep and starting to feel uneasy. That's when I see the kid who just stepped out of the suburban holding a handgun in his right hand, he racks the slide and I throw off my seat belt and break for the rear of the jeep drawing my S&W 9mm and flipping the safety off. I took aim at the kid with the gun and announced very loudly that I was armed and dialing 911 (I had my cell phone out but handn't flipped it open yet). The kid hears this, is close enough to see me and my gun drawn on him and freezes. He drops his gun and runs for the suburban yelling at the driver to get them out of there. He jumps in and they speed off while the kid is still closing the door.

I then dialed 911 while trying to catch the plate. I spoke with the dispatcher and told them I needed police when asked what type of emergency I was experiencing. I told the operator that some high school aged kids had just forced me stop my jeep and one of them approached me with a gun. I described the blue suburban and gave her the few characters i was able to read off of the plate as the suburban sped away. I gave the street name and highway and where I was relative to those locations, she told me police were on their way and I hung up.

At this point I had walked to the kid's dropped gun and leaned over to take a closer look at it. It had no markings on the slide, looked really plasticky...and then I noticed the shoddily covered orange tip. Looked like he had colored over it with a sharpie. I didn't touch it, just waited on the cops to arrive to let them deal with it. I had only bee nable see a few of the letters on the plates... partial was all I could give in my statement. The cops were talking about how they've been having problems with kids and airsoft guns around here lately.

I know that summer has just started down here so kids are out of school, but WHAT THE HELL KIND OF UPBRING DID THESE KIDS HAVE THAT MADE THEM THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE A FUN THING TO DO ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON???

The police checked my CCW and Drivers license. The cop riding shotgun asked me what I was carrying and I told him, he asked if he could see it. I guess I looked at him kind of funny, he said he was just curious, so I told him its in my holster. He said he still wanted to see it, so I slowly reached back and slowly drew my gun, dropped the magazine cleared the breach and locked open the slide then handed it to him. He was truely just curious and said it was "nice little gun" he looked at for a minute and then handed it back to me. I reloaded and reholstered. The two cops with me called in over their radios for everyone else nearby to be looking for a blue suburban with the partial plate numbers I gave them. They took my contact information and said they would call if they needed any more info from me and told me to have a nice day.

Now. XXXXX is not a very big place, and these four retards chose a nice conspicuous vehicle to drive around and cause mischief and heart attacks. I didn't ask the two officers the one question that was at the front of my mind, because I really didn't want to know the answer. That question is: What if I had shot the kid with the toy gun? I really did believe that I was in life threatening danger. But what kind of shitstorm would ensue because I shot a kid with a toy gun.

I'm deducing that at least one of these morons lives in that neighborhood, so it shouldn't take too long for them to be caught. I would really like to be called in to identify them, and be able to tell the kid who brought the toy gun that he could have been killed.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

Thumbs down

I have thankfully never been in a situation where one was pointed at me, but I have seen the 'precursor' to this behavior. My wife and myself were visiting my parents in Birmingham(The old neighborhood has gone way downhill...) I was outside helping my brother put a new CD player in his car, when I heard an interesting 'popping' noise. Not loud, mind you, but enough to get my attention. I stood to see where said noise was coming from and I saw a group of 4 kids. I mean kids....probably 10 to 13 yrs old walking down the street. One of them had a bb pistol in hand that he was randomly cocking and shooting into the air with. Then he would stick it in the front of his pants, and walk a little ways and then do it all again. Now, I wasn't looking at the muzzle of the gun to see the little .177 caliber hole in it....but from the side and from driveway to street distance...that toy was a CLONE of a Springfield Armory GI 1911. I hope I never have to make that distinction in a moment that matters....

-Tim

I think I need to go say something to my kids... Not that they would do that, but just in case, a friend would, or whatever... They should be reminded again...

Good read!
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

As much as I hate to say it, if a kid wants to imitate "thug" behavior he should also be prepared to take the "thug" consequences. I am referring to deliberately passing a toy off as a real gun in order to accomplish whatever goal they had. This does not have to apply to kids. Anyone willing to take a toy and use it in that manner should be prepared for what comes next. If I think my life is threatened I will defend myself regardless of whether it was a toy or not. If I could not tell it was a toy, more than likely it is because they did not want me to be able to tell it was a toy.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

On seeing this thread i went over to my parents house and rumaged in my old toy chest. There i found a toy squirt gun Exact in size and dimension as my 1911. I had spray painted it black and used it in some home movies(used black cats as sound effects) Of course i lived out in the sticks and my parents made sure I knew not to do anything stupid with the toy guns.
    Parents these days need to stop being afraid to tell kids whats up. Boys will be boys means nothing when some kid is bleeding out on the street because he thought it would be funny to scare some stranger.
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links