SuperSoaker Flame Thrower

This is a discussion on SuperSoaker Flame Thrower within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never said I would :) Just pointing out that it doesn't have to be on fire to be dangerous....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SuperSoaker Flame Thrower

I never said I would :) Just pointing out that it doesn't have to be on fire to be dangerous.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

2. Remove Ads

Well if any of them were stupid enough to use it in a crime I am willing to bet on the outcome.

At some point they will try and use it on someone armed, and as I painfully learned in my force on force class, the gun hand is often hit because it becomes our point of focus. So my guess is one shot and their flame thrower is going to become a Molotov cocktail, that just broke on them.

Just a guess though
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    I'm 50, and glad this wasn't around when I was a teen. I'm sure I would have jumped right in.
    It was when we were little... and that was almost 20 years ago for me...

I think I recall using rubbing alcohol, and, even being stupid enough to point it at the house...

Of course, the super soakers wouldn't hold up to that kinda usage for long... I think the rubbing alcohol ate the gaskets or something, they'd fail to hold pressure after a few times of doing it...

The more I think about it, the more amazed I am, that I made it out of childhood.... Either from the dumb crap my brother and I did, or, from Dad finding out about the dumb crap my brother and I did...
    Where's the best place to apply for your Ohio CHL?
    Find out at http://ccwhen.com! (Now with Chat!)

Единственная реальная власть приходит из длинней винтовки.

wow. I forgot about making homemade flamethrowers. Nothing new. I stupidly set a small shed on fire with mine(mind you, this was years ago when i was stupider. I'm much more less stupider now) Windsheild washer concentrate was the most deadly if i recall. Wow its a wonder i made it out of my teens alive.
    By the way there is no chance of the soaker taking in fire to the fuel tank and exploding, because there is not enough oxygen to ignite.

Stay safe and don't be stupid
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

idiots
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

As we all know, threats can come from anywhere out of the blue. We have now seen this and as such we are "AWARE!"

As always, the 3 main tenants or criteria for the judicious use of lethal force must be present in order to legally employ deadly force in defense of your life. Ability, Opportunity & Jeopardy!

So, again, it depends on the individual holding the "super soaker!"

If you are accosted suddenly, by capable individual or individuals who threaten your life for money, thereby showing "intent" and placing you in "jeopardy", as well as holding weapon of "disguise" such as the "toy supersoaker" but which we have all now seen what it is capable of (showing ability and opportunity), I would feel you are now on legal grounds to utilize lethal force in defending your life.

I think the key here that people need to remember is this:

Having the knowledge beforehand what the "modified supersoaker" or any other innocuous type instrument or toy is capable of utilized as a weapon it the key to your defense.

If you see some young kid holding a squirt gun/supersoaker playing stick up artist and you shoot him. After the fact, turns out it was in fact a squirt gun filled with water and you are charged with manslaughter or murder... and during the trial, your wife or lawyer finds this YOU TUBE video for the first time and you had never been aware or seen such a weapon before, chances are, you will not be able to utilize that as part of your defense since you are not allowed to utilize things "unknown" to you as part of the defense of your actions.

This is just my opinion based on my understanding of the law. I am not an attorney and things may play out diferently in your situation.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Bark'n
    "Having the knowledge beforehand what the "modified supersoaker" or any other innocuous type instrument or toy is capable of utilized as a weapon it the key to your defense."

You hit that nail right on the head.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    As we all know, threats can come from anywhere out of the blue. We have now seen this and as such we are "AWARE!"

As always, the 3 main tenants or criteria for the judicious use of lethal force must be present in order to legally employ deadly force in defense of your life. Ability, Opportunity & Jeopardy!

So, again, it depends on the individual holding the "super soaker!"

If you are accosted suddenly, by capable individual or individuals who threaten your life for money, thereby showing "intent" and placing you in "jeopardy", as well as holding weapon of "disguise" such as the "toy supersoaker" but which we have all now seen what it is capable of (showing ability and opportunity), I would feel you are now on legal grounds to utilize lethal force in defending your life.

I think the key here that people need to remember is this:

Having the knowledge beforehand what the "modified supersoaker" or any other innocuous type instrument or toy is capable of utilized as a weapon it the key to your defense.

If you see some young kid holding a squirt gun/supersoaker playing stick up artist and you shoot him. After the fact, turns out it was in fact a squirt gun filled with water and you are charged with manslaughter or murder... and during the trial, your wife or lawyer finds this YOU TUBE video for the first time and you had never been aware or seen such a weapon before, chances are, you will not be able to utilize that as part of your defense since you are not allowed to utilize things "unknown" to you as part of the defense of your actions.

This is just my opinion based on my understanding of the law. I am not an attorney and things may play out diferently in your situation.

OK. So in a sense the idiots who put this on youtube have performed a public service by making everyone aware that Super Soakers can be deadly weapons???

Since it was a public service, should they be able to get a tax deduction for the cost of making the video??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links