SuperSoaker Flame Thrower

This is a discussion on SuperSoaker Flame Thrower within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Link to the video Now...You're walking across the parking lot at WalMart late one night and a guy steps out of the shadows pointing a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperSoaker Flame Thrower

Link to the video

Now...You're walking across the parking lot at WalMart late one night and a guy steps out of the shadows pointing a Super Soaker at you.
    Is it now a deadly weapon?
    Are we going to have to take the time to see if it's lit or not.

I can honestly see this as being a problem. Bad guy with a super soaker doesn't run afoul of weapons laws.

new rule. If you point your toy at me and you're not 5 years old...I'll point MINE at you
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Total morons. When the flame backlashes into the super soaker and lights the WD40 or whatever combustible they're using, that thing's going to turn the user into a tiki torch.

Back to your question - if someone came around a corner with one of those and there was a flame lit on the end - then yes- they would have a weapon pointed at them fast - BUT I definitely wouldn't shoot first - too great of a chance for error with toys - a super soaker isn't a close resemblance to a firearm like some of the airsoft or BB guns and if you shot in error, and it turned out it was nothing but a water filled super soaker, I think the jury would be sending you to the slammer for a long time.

From the fertile minds of MORONS springs forth yet another stupid idea. I'll have to now check and see if the nitwit teenager residing in my home has yet made made such a contraption. As to it being a weapon, NO DOUBT, if it has it flame ignition source, it was shooting out a burst of flame a good distance. Threaten me with it and you'll have a couple holes, you did not have just moments beforehand.

Now...what if they don't have it lit, but have some kind of ignition source in hand...or one of their buddies does.
    I wonder how long it'll be before someone comes up with a electric ignition modded up...say out of a gas grill. Then it'll have all the trappings of a WWII flame thrower. Someone should send these idiots to the Va to talk to vets who are coming back burned to see the results of flame -vs- human skin.

Show the jury any of the 100s of youtube vids and see how they would react.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

the music in the background is used as the theme for a show on MTV called "Jackass" ... seems appropriate here

Wouldn't the makers of this video be in violation of NFA rules or something? Isn't a flame thrower a destructive device?
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    IT wouldn't surprise me if somebody already make one of those without having a lit end. It would only be so hard to molest one of those electric ciggerette lighters,and have a button right next to the trigger on the supersoaker.

But on a side note,if I saw somebody coming to me in a threatening manner with a water gun,I'd probable not respond well. They could also fill it with any kind of liquid(poisen or ??) that could caus me harm,too.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    Wouldn't the makers of this video be in violation of NFA rules or something? Isn't a flame thrower a destructive device?
    interesting question...I looked into it..
    from the NFA FAQ:
    Flame Thrower - not a DD, nor even a firearm. Unregulated
    as to possession, under federal law. Great way to clear snow off
    the driveway.

Poison doesn't scare me as much as fire for some reason. I guess it's the 3rd degree burns I got as a stupid kid playing with lighter fluid and those little green army men. They covered this on the local news here in Nashville last night. Showing the morons using them to singe each others hair. You'd think the gene pool was running REAL shallow the day these jokers were born.

Administrator

just my opinion

Well, if somebody was coming at you with a Super-Soaker that had a flame on front then absolutely you would be justified in drawing your firearm on that individual and keeping them at bay.
    Shooting them outright? Not sure about that. Especially if it turned out you were wrong in accessing the situation.
    Like everything else ya act and ya takes yer chances.

For sure just clearing your holster with a firearm presentation would probably NOT get you into trouble at all since all your lawyer would need to do was copy or remake the Super-Soaker Flamethrower video as a courtroom demonstration video.
    Viola!...and you're off the hook for drawing your firearm on that one.

There would be no logical reason for an unknown person to have an lighted ignition source attached to the front of a Super-Soaker that was filled only with WATER.

I don't think there would be any legal hope for you if you plugged some kid that just had a toy Super-Soaker pointed at you...one that had no flame source attached on the front.
    Hey...that's just the way it is.
    You would probably be prosecutor snack food right at this point in time.

I wonder how long it's going to be before some poor, innocent, person gets set ablaze with a Super-Soaker flame thrower just for the fun on it?
    I'd be willing to bet not too much longer if it hasn't happened already.

"Why did you kids Murder that old man by setting him on fire?"

"We were high and out roaming around and we were really bored that night."

Oh...OK.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

They could have done the same thing with the wd40 right out of the can. Just open up the nozzle with a small drill and use a lighter. This being on youtube will lead to some incidents I'm sure. Anybody points somthing lit at me is going down. Chuck.

Since most plastics are inert to sulfuric acid, it could easily be filled with an acid that would do as much harm as a flamethrower, without the flame.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    I'm 50, and glad this wasn't around when I was a teen. I'm sure I would have jumped right in.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

VIP Member
    Hmmmmm... let me see. Idiot comes towards me with a super soaker flame trower... Florida Statute says that deadly force could be used only in credible fear of death or grave bodily harm... I think being burned by those idiots that thing may constitute a credible fear of great bodily harm.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator

True

"Since most plastics are inert to sulfuric acid, it could easily be filled with an acid that would do as much harm as a flamethrower, without the flame."

True but, you had better not pull the trigger on a kid that has a Super-Soaker pointed at you just on pure speculation that it MIGHT be filled with acid.

Hopefully, you wouldn't do THAT any more than you would shoot a kid that was going to toss a water balloon at you because that could be filled with acid also...as could be a plastic coffee cup filled with acid.

That's almost akin to plugging somebody that tried to hand you an envelope because it might have a whitepowder bio~toxin in it.

It's just something that you don't want to do.

Now, if some threat yelled out..."I have a Super-Soaker filled with concentrated acid and I'm going to squirt it all over you." that sure might be a totally different story.

HOPE for witnesses though to back you up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links