2 man team "Interviewed" me in NoVA - Page 4

2 man team "Interviewed" me in NoVA

This is a discussion on 2 man team "Interviewed" me in NoVA within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If it were me there, I would've said to the first guy, "no hablo ingles?"...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 man team "Interviewed" me in NoVA

If it were me there, I would've said to the first guy, "no hablo ingles?"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    If it were me there, I would've said to the first guy, "no hablo ingles?"
    In that area of Leesburg a lot people hablo Español. These two characters may not have, but a lot do.

I don't think it was an Amway/Quixtar approach. I could be wrong. The ones that have hit me up have legitimate websites provided by Quixtar.

Anyway I let some friends of mine who stop at that Sheetz know about the approach. My good friend's fiancee is nice and would have gone in hook line and sinker. He has told her better now. I stop there rarely but I like that Tractor Supply and sometimes use the Tire Shop right behind Sheetz.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Gotta love this forum. Reading these experiences and the opinions of others is a wealth of information.
    I'm glad all worked out, but I do believe pedal would have hit metal after seeing the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    Gotta love this forum. Reading these experiences and the opinions of others is a wealth of information.
    I'm glad all worked out, but I do believe pedal would have hit metal after seeing the nod.
    Agreed, in retrospect. That's why I come here though. I get a good objective response and that helps me formulate my next thought processes and try to do better next time.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Agreed, in retrospect. That's why I come here though. I get a good objective response and that helps me formulate my next thought processes and try to do better next time.
    Everyone in here as "screwed up" or done something unwise before. You know that you screwed up and now you can fix it. There isn't much more you can do.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
    Scary... good to hear that the mere sight of your gun was enough.
    But open carry is supposed to make you more vulnerable and less tactical. How did you ever survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Don't get me wrong... I'm in EMS and I'm generally a helpful guy too... I definitely learned a lot from your scenario that may keep me alive in the future!
    I'm EMS too, but.. I'm a lot more selective than I used to be in who I help.

Quote Originally Posted by sailormnop View Post
    Dude, I think they were trying to 'contact' you for Amway! Or rather, what it has become on the internet. It's called Quixtar..
    Been there, done that, got the cleaning supplies to prove it. I thought the same thing at first, only maybe a copycat business.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

you were quite fortunate to have avoided a what seems to me an attempted carjacking/robbery....stay safe and keep your guard up!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
    Scary... good to hear that the mere sight of your gun was enough.
    But open carry is supposed to make you more vulnerable and less tactical. How did you ever survive?
    > ) Somebody finally picked up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I'm EMS too, but.. I'm a lot more selective than I used to be in who I help.
    <---EMT as well, and I'll admit I've walked blindly into some idiot situations (all of which were legit thankfully) because I was trying to be a good samaritan.

Quote:
    "I treat everybody I meet with respect, until it's time not to.........

Quote:
    from Rules for a Gun Fight:
    21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet. "

I know rule #1, what are the rest of the rules, like rule 2-20? Not to be a wise guy, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Joe View Post
    Quote:
    from Rules for a Gun Fight:
    21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet. "

I know rule #1, what are the rest of the rules, like rule 2-20? Not to be a wise guy, just curious.
    USMC and Navy Rules for Gun Fighting

The USMC Rules For Gun Fighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring
    all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo
    is cheap. Life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not
    moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend.
    (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long
    gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber,
    stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating,
    reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will
    be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent
    accuracy of the gun.

9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when
    an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they
    should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone
    else, keep your hands where I can see them).

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you
    meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong
    commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which
    does not start with a "4."

The Navy Rules for Gun Fighting

1. Go to Sea
    2. Send the Marines
    3. Drink Coffee...

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If guy #2 could get cables from #1 who was getting into his car why couldn't guy #1 just jump him off of his car? I would have pointed this out and bid them a pleasant day.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    Always keep an eye out for one more guy. Be sure you don't get so focused on the first two that you miss number 3 coming in from somewhere out of sight.
    Yikes. What's scary is that I hadn't thought of a "#3" until I read your post!

I wonder what would have happened if these guys were told, "Look, it's time for you to get the hell out of here because I know you're not on the level. Now if you keep trying to with me, you're gonna be the one who ends up feelin' it. Leave now."

No matter what, I would have called the police and given a description of each guy, the vehicles involved, and the nature of their approach. No need to let them continue to try to find victims. (Someone's wife? 22-year-old daughter? College student son?)

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I'm a little disappointed to hear all the 'don't help' positions. Don't take it as personal criticism, it isn't. Each of us must make that decision for themselves.

We have all seen & heard the stories about something happening to a victim & NOBODY stops to help. Society has gone from a friendly 'how do you do' place, to the ostrich's.... 'stick your head in the sand' mentality.

Whoa... Hold on there a minute. This was NOT a "help/defense" type situation. This was NOT the same as ignoring an elderly person getting beat down or a young woman being raped...

One guy simply wanted directions and it turned into an unwanted "internet business" discussion. The other guy only wanted a jump start. Proper directions OR auto service could have been attained through the use of a cell phone, which just about EVERYONE has these days. They can call AAA or use the pay phone at the gas station if they don't have one.

The OP is lucky he's alive after STAYING around these shady characters too long. Especially after realizing (more than once) that something might not be right. Why help two people that "seem to know" each other (the "nod") and lied (one didn't go to McD's when he said he did) just to "sabotage" their jump start process to prove that they were FOS? He's lucky he didn't get jumped for his exposed "tucked" firearm.

After all, it's not like the OP would have left the guys dying on the side of the road in the middle of the Mohave desert or something. They were at a manned gas station and MORE than capable of helping themselves. They were not in dangerous situations. The OP was! (OP = original poster)

This is just my personal opinion but if I'm out on the street somewhere and I don't know you then I don't want too much to do with you. I would have said "sorry I can't help but I'm sure they have a phone inside." If that didn't get rid of the person then I would have really been wary. The best way to stay safe is to keep a physical distance between yourself and other people.

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    This is just my personal opinion but if I'm out on the street somewhere and I don't know you then I don't want too much to do with you. I would have said "sorry I can't help but I'm sure they have a phone inside." If that didn't get rid of the person then I would have really been wary. The best way to stay safe is to keep a physical distance between yourself and other people.

Yup. If there's other available services, then people need to be personally resourceful and not bug other people for "help", especially if you're "interviewing" them for a crime.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links