Sorry to bring up the dog thing, but this is a bit different

This is a discussion on Sorry to bring up the dog thing, but this is a bit different within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The book was good... Anyway I agree with the breed being a deciding factor. If a little lap dog attacks. I'll just take alittle punishment ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorry to bring up the dog thing, but this is a bit different

The book was good...
    Anyway I agree with the breed being a deciding factor. If a little lap dog attacks. I'll just take alittle punishment or kick it away. Now if a G Shepard or a pit is coming at me, The gun is out. I'd like to say i would try to dodge the first attack, but I also don't want to go to the hospital if I'm too slow(or the morge)

If i'm attacked, the dog may end up dead and It is the owners fault. I don't care how friendly it is around you or your kids, If its too aggresive to be out in public, leave him at home.
    mac
    Last edited by Macattack; July 29th, 2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: me=nospellgood
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

But The Book!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    That was the stupidest movie I've ever seen. Could have been done as a short film: Dog attacks stranded motorist. Motorist draws 45 and kills dog. Uses cell phone to call for a tow and then to call for a cleanup on the side of the road. Roll credits....
    The book had the little boy dying of dehydration and the hysterical mother beating the dog to death with a Louisville Slugger. Stephen King's version was too much for the Hollywood meek. Still. How many St. Bernards do you see running around period? I can't remember the last one I saw. They must be really dangerous for them to hit that list, especially since you see most of the others ALL the time.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Wink Rescue Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    How many St. Bernards do you see running around period? I can't remember the last one I saw.
    I have a pair of Saint Bernard cousins. We have 2 Newfoundland dogs. The Saint is a MOUNTAIN RESCUE dog and the Newfie is a WATER RESCUE dog. Think of a black Saint Bernard and you have a newfie. Drool and all. Such SWEET dispositions. I could give you REAMS of instances when our girls have enamored all who come into contact with them. They change lives with their love, these pups do.

That's not counting trying to pull "mom" (my wife) out of the bathtub because they thought she was at risk or keeping "dad" (ME) from swimming anywhere near the deep end of the pool. These girls have webbed feet and are powerful swimmers. I can get a head start even and they'll overtake, pass and push me back to the shallow end with a sound verbal chastising at the end!

I hated that Cujo was a Saint Bernard. He'd have been more in character as a Rottie or something else that the movies have demonized.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I have a pair of Saint Bernard cousins. We have 2 Newfoundland dogs. The Saint is a MOUNTAIN RESCUE dog and the Newfie is a WATER RESCUE dog. Think of a black Saint Bernard and you have a newfie. Drool and all. Such SWEET dispositions. I could give you REAMS of instances when our girls have enamored all who come into contact with them. They change lives with their love, these pups do.

That's not counting trying to pull "mom" (my wife) out of the bathtub because they thought she was at risk or keeping "dad" (ME) from swimming anywhere near the deep end of the pool. These girls have webbed feet and are powerful swimmers. I can get a head start even and they'll overtake, pass and push me back to the shallow end with a sound verbal chastising at the end!

I hated that Cujo was a Saint Bernard. He'd have been more in character as a Rottie or something else that the movies have demonized.
    Newfies are GREAT pooches, and I've actually seen a few around and about Lexington. Also a few Great Pyrenese (which aren't anywhere on the list, either). And lay offa rotties!! I guess Rotts and St. Bernards are BOTH on the list I mentioned for a reason, though! CHOMP!!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I think that was the point. A dog nobody would suspect, unless one knew that he had rabies.

And lets not forget that this book was set in the days before cell phones.

Back on topic now.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links