Recent Abductions

This is a discussion on Recent Abductions within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw this on another forum & wanted to share: It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in. 1. Tip ...

Thread: Recent Abductions

Recent Abductions

I saw this on another forum & wanted to share:

It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you .... chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
    A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.

B..) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."

The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded, and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear a baby crying outside their doors, when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby. This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    all valid points to keep in mind for anyone, not just women, as this seems to be geared towards. You might want to verify some points before quoting them as fact, though.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/crybaby.asp

I didn't think to Snopes it. Still valid points though.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    all valid points to keep in mind for anyone, not just women, as this seems to be geared towards. You might want to verify some points before quoting them as fact, though.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/crybaby.asp
    i agree totally. as a guy, i still look around before actually getting in the car and sitting down. that's a really vulnerable for anyone.
    What's this button do?

I agree with all except #3. Don't let them put you in the trunk of the car. Ever. Fight, kick, claw, scream, shoot, gouge their eyes out. If they somehow kill you there, fine. It is the better alternative to what they had in mind wherever they were planning on taking you.

NEVER let a BG remove you from the original scene. NEVER.

Someone once said (Jeff Cooper perhaps?): "There are plenty of bodies found in the woods, that when they were last seen alive were nowhere near the woods."

I agree with most of those points. Although I would disagree with the one about stairwells. The elevator is just as easy a place to be attacked as stairs. And the elevator has the added disadvantage of having a button or switch to stop it between floors.

I'll keep taking the stairs thank you.

Someone once said (Jeff Cooper perhaps?): "There are plenty of bodies found in the woods, that when they were last seen alive were nowhere near the woods."
    I could not agree with this statement more. Jeff Cooper had all is stuff in one bag. He was sharp as a tack and knew what was what. I still miss reading his thought in the back of my Guns & Ammo ever month.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Don't give them what they want
    An acquaintance of mine recently renewed his concealed carry permit, and his instructors (both veteran cops), gave a very common piece of advice "the best thing you can do in a robbery is sight tight, give them what they want, and be a good witness".

Thats good advice to a point; but that's where most police officers stop.They never qualify their point.Fortunately, these ones did; by following up with "unless things start to get violent, in which case the only thing you can do is try and stop the threat".

What most cops won't tell you, because they don't want you "trying to be a hero"; is that once there has been an escalation of violence in the commission of a crime, the chances of somebody not being killed or seriously injured are very poor.

If you're dealing with what cops call an ODC (ordinary decent criminal), then most likely nobody is going to get hurt; but once things tip over that edge, you are effectively a dead man already, unless you act to prevent that from happening.

You should NEVER comply with a rapist, or a criminal who is intent on violence; and ALL rape is violence of the worst sort.

You should NEVER comply with a criminal who is clearly mentally unstable, or grossly impaired mentally by drugs or alcohol.

It should go without saying, that you should NEVER comply with a criminal who has invaded your home, private office, or car; as these are automatically at an escalated level of violence (because they are emotionally violent and risky acts as well as physically).

There are seven “danger signs” for homicidal escalation in the commission of a crime

1. If the subjects use of violence escalates beyond a slap or punch; even if by accident
    2. If the subject is extremely nervous, out of control, has violent mood swings or is frantic, etc…
    3. If the subject appears to be eager, having fun, or high/tweaked/stoned/drunk
    4. If the subject singles out, isolates, personalizes, or sexualizes their interaction with an individual
    5. If the subject makes specific threats on a particular individuals life to force compliance from another
    6. If the subject physically restrains an individual or group (rope, tape, handcuffs etc...)
    7. If the subject attempts to move individuals to an area away from public view, or isolated from others

If any of these conditions is a factor, the probability that the situation can be resolved without death or serious injury is very low. If any two of them are factors, then serious violence is almost a certainty. Any three, and you are a dead man waiting to happen.

Now, a couple of hard and fast rules for dealing with violent crime:

1. Never give up your weapon in a violent crime. If someone says drop your weapon, they are going to kill you as soon as you do. If they say it while holding a gun to the head of someone else, they’re going to shoot the other person after you drop your weapon, THEN they are going to shoot you. If a subject orders you to drop your weapon, before they finish their sentence you should already have shot them in the head.

2. Never allow yourself or others to be cut out and isolated from a group, or from the main area of the facility where the crime is occurring. Do NOT be led into the back room or some such; if you are, then you are almost certainly going to be killed.

3. Do not be passive in the face of escalated violence. Once violence has escalated beyond the point of simple assault, you are a dead man waiting for the bullet. Realize that and fight back in any way you can.

4. Do not, under any circumstances, allow yourself to be physically restrained in any way

5. Do not attempt to establish any personal or humanizing connection with a subject, unless you are unarmed and in a hostage situation

6. If violence does escalate, respond immediately and decisively. Shoot to stop, use your knife to stop, use your fists, your feet, your teeth, use whatever it takes to end the threat as fast as possible. This isn’t Hollywood, this is your life, and the lives of those around you. You don’t give warning shots and you don’t tell someone to drop their weapon; you shoot them in the head or center chest (or both). If you are unarmed, you must also respond decisively and immediately, but your options are much more limited. Remember though, at this point there is already a high likelihood that you are a dead man if you DON’T do something, so sitting tight and waiting to die isn’t a great idea.

7. The rules change dramatically in a hostage situation, because the power dynamics are radically different; but if you are armed or capable of resisting, DO NOT ALLOW a hostage situation to develop.If one does, expend all possible efforts on either disabling the subject or escaping. The most likely way for you or others to die in the robbery of a public place is if a hostage situation develops.

Let me state absolutely unequivocally one more time, DO NOT COMPLY WITH VIOLENT CRIMINALS; they are likely to kill you whether you comply or not, and compliance only makes that job easier.

Ripped directly from http://anarchangel.blogspot.com/2007...they-want.html

I agree tho with the blog post in its entirety and feel he said it much better than i would have .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Good post Redneck. I agree with the blog as well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Good information. When I took Kenpo years ago the first thing my instructor taught the class was "RUN" don't fight if you can help it. The second thing he told the class was to "Keep your head up when walking". Don't look at the ground, that makes you a target. You will have no Idea what is happening around you if you don't look. Watch people crossing a parking lot they are looking down at their feet or digging in a purse. If you stay alert you might not have to throw your wallet or kick out the tail lights of a car.

Links