You Can Never Have Too Much Ammo - Page 2

You Can Never Have Too Much Ammo

This is a discussion on You Can Never Have Too Much Ammo within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I feel fine with my 5 shot 44 magnum and a few speedloaders, but I am a little better trained than a "moderately trained officer". ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: You Can Never Have Too Much Ammo

I feel fine with my 5 shot 44 magnum and a few speedloaders, but I am a little better trained than a "moderately trained officer".

Riddle me this Batman;

New technology bullets are far superior to old technology bullets yet it is still taking 7-8 shots per.

Does anyone else think that maybe new bullets are not that much better than older bullets?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
    Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
    Amen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    I feel fine with my 5 shot 44 magnum and a few speedloaders, but I am a little better trained than a "moderately trained officer".

Riddle me this Batman;

New technology bullets are far superior to old technology bullets yet it is still taking 7-8 shots per.

Does anyone else think that maybe new bullets are not that much better than older bullets?
    Modern, hidollah bullets have created brand new industries and areas of endeavor and expertise. Beyond that, probably not much better.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    "Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Don Collier, Fury

VIP Member
    I think each of us know there is always a need for fire power if there is a home invasion. My first gun is my carry pistol, with 1 or 2 xtra mags, 12 to 36 rounds depending on pistol. Right now carrying S&W 9c with 2 extra mags.. I don't have other guns laying around or in the corner of the rooms. I have a loaded shotgun and another pistol ready in my safe. With other first line defense in place I hope I have enough fire power.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What I mean, is that with the AR 15 and high cap mags now safe from legislation, and a probable backlog of guns made in anticipation of a hostile administration, this news story kind of sounds like an infomercial to help unload all of these rifles.
    But they are not safe from legislation. States can still pass restrictive legislation. It is unlikely in many states given the majority-Republican legislatures, I grant you, but it is not a certainty. Bloomberg is focusing on state-to-state action now and will not stop his attempts.
    CalCarry likes this.
    Si vis pacem, para violentus.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Modern, hidollah bullets have created brand new industries and areas of endeavor and expertise. Beyond that, probably not much better.
    Is it that the ammunition is not much more effective or are people just continuing to shoot a lot? We have many instructors that teach the 'shoot them to the ground' concept now, yes, but it is also true that people just tend to keep shooting until they think they don't need to in many cases. I'm not convinced that has changed over time. There is also the reactionary gap to consider--the time between my perceiving a successful stop and my actually stopping the action of the trigger finger--to consider. That can be good for an extra one or two rounds right there.

So the question might still be open.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Riddle me this Batman;

So the 3-3-3 rule of thumb is no longer in effect?

Good. About time we ditched that.
    molleur and Phaedrus like this.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Quote Originally Posted by CR Williams View Post
    But they are not safe from legislation. States can still pass restrictive legislation. It is unlikely in many states given the majority-Republican legislatures, I grant you, but it is not a certainty. Bloomberg is focusing on state-to-state action now and will not stop his attempts.
    There are only very few states where this is a real concern, and they have always been screwed.
    And with the SCOTUS set up now for conservative appointments, and a new POTUS vowing to defend the 2nd, it is clear that the tide has shifted for the foreseeable future for anyone willing at the totality of the current state of affairs.

Not to mention the fact that we have seen that Bloomberg's money can't turn the tide; especially if Hillary's couldn't.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

So the 3-3-3 rule of thumb is no longer in effect?

Good. About time we ditched that.
    Do you know where that stupid thing came from?

It goes back to the 60's and the UCR's. When a cop died in the line of duty the PD sent a report to the FBI with the data on the gunfight. Cops lost those fights. I do not feel that my nuclear, fragmenting 44 rounds are on par with the 38 LRN and my skill level is above average + I use speed loaders and/or moon clips. And a BUG that is a 40 S&W.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
    Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
    Amen

Sponsor
    Is it that the ammunition is not much more effective or are people just continuing to shoot a lot? We have many instructors that teach the 'shoot them to the ground' concept now, yes, but it is also true that people just tend to keep shooting until they think they don't need to in many cases. I'm not convinced that has changed over time. There is also the reactionary gap to consider--the time between my perceiving a successful stop and my actually stopping the action of the trigger finger--to consider. That can be good for an extra one or two rounds right there.

So the question might still be open.
    If they're still perceived a threat, keep shooting. If they aren't, stop shooting. Why waste expensive HP's any more than necessary. lol
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Much better to finish the fight with surplus of ammo than to come up one short
    103830 likes this.

I am the sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
    -Lt.Col. Dave Grossman

Riddle me this Batman;

I don't think it matters when you're shooting 44!
    Bad Bob likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CalCarry's Avatar
    There are only very few states where this is a real concern, and they have always been screwed.
    And with the SCOTUS set up now for conservative appointments, and a new POTUS vowing to defend the 2nd, it is clear that the tide has shifted for the foreseeable future for anyone willing at the totality of the current state of affairs.

Not to mention the fact that we have seen that Bloomberg's money can't turn the tide; especially if Hillary's couldn't.
    California! Please help, now! Bloomberg slaughtered us last year. Now he just calls in the orders, no need for public disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by CalCarry View Post
    California! Please help, now! Bloomberg slaughtered us last year. Now he just calls in the orders, no need for public disclosure.
    The people of California are going to have to either stand up for themselves, or break off in to the ocean.
    Since I can remember, California has produced nothing but hippies, chopped and lowered cars, and other things I detest and can't mention here, basically damn fruits and nuts.
    Bad Bob and Instymp like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yup, now that at least a glimmer of relief from the last eight years has resulted in a collective sigh of relief,

the gun-rights groups and the industry need a new bogeyman upon which to keep their relevance front and center.
    And I'm sure they're working on it, every day, hammer & tongs !
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I see your point and cannot raise it. I do advise that we do not let this make us complacent about things but I doubt you are one to fall into that trap.
    molleur likes this.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links