Business owner pulls gun on robber

This is a discussion on Business owner pulls gun on robber within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The perp was fleeing, but was shooting at the victim. The owner had every right to return fire. Louisiana Business Owner Pulls Gun on Robber...

Like Tree32Likes
  • 3 Post By flintlock62
  • 8 Post By msgt/ret
  • 3 Post By 1911srule
  • 4 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By Texas Red
  • 6 Post By GraySkies
  • 3 Post By JasonJ

Thread: Business owner pulls gun on robber

The perp was fleeing, but was shooting at the victim. The owner had every right to return fire.

Louisiana Business Owner Pulls Gun on Robber
    NRA Lifetime member

"A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

The owner retrieved his own gun and fired back, hitting Kelly three times.
    A fine example of effective gun control.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    Hóka-héy! Crazy Horse

When I grew up, if you were a bad guy LEO could that if you ran & didn't follow their commands. Now they can run & get away if not apprehended.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array 1911srule's Avatar
    IMHO every state needs a fleeing felon law. IE; you witness a murder, forcible rape, ect and the perp is fleeing. Obviously they pose a threat...
    Rhinoman, ep1953 and rcsoftexas like this.
    NOT a Kool Aid drinker. Question everything...
    Political Correctness- the tool used to disarm common sense and destroy America.

Quote Originally Posted by Instymp View Post
    When I grew up, if you were a bad guy LEO could that if you ran & didn't follow their commands. Now they can run & get away if not apprehended.
    Very common when I was younger..... and if they ran and had committed a felony.... police could shoot to stop them. Totally legal to shoot a fleeing felon.

Problem around here was, that none of them seemed to make it to jail. And, no charges were required, because they were dead. They decided that was way tooooo many shootings, the BG's were often unarmed, so they could shoot only if they were armed with a gun or knife and therefore was a threat to the people in the community and the police.

Somehow, that got lowered down to , only if the guy is trying to blow your head off. And right now, they are shooting too many LEO's and LEO's are hesitating or not able to react quick enough to save themselves. It went to far ..... the LEO has a right to go home safe and alive. ... period..... the bad guy, not so much.

The old way, sure made it very clear to everyone.... DO NOT run from the Police.

If I was doing it now, I would have another gun sitting at all times in a mounted holster on the side of console or seat ... where it was very accessible and quick to grab and shoot when in the car. The other still on me... cross draw. And a option for a short barrel shotgun or AR in every car .... easily accessible to the driver..... no unlocking, etc.... grab and shoot. And a proximity alarm in the car...... anyone approaching the car within X- ft it beeps and warns the officer.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

TexasDiablo: That is hilarious. And true! Thanks.

Back to the topic: Since I am not a vigilante, a LEO or a wannabe hero, I would not shoot at someone who was truly fleeing. If they are retreating, meaning continuing to pose a threat even though they are moving away, that's different. But if the threat's over, I'm done shooting. As tempting as shooting a fleeing dirtbag might be, I don't want the legal consequences.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    The perp was fleeing, but was shooting at the victim. The owner had every right to return fire.

Louisiana Business Owner Pulls Gun on Robber
    I don't recall whether it was Mas Ayoob or Jim Cirillo, but a few years back I read that armed robbers are of particular interest to law enforcement because they often graduate to murder.

A retreating dirtbag who is sending rounds in your direction is absolutely a deadly threat and rates return fire.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    The robber was a convicted felon. He had a gun. How is that possible? I thought the law said that convicted felons couldn't have guns.

You mean laws can't protect me????
    PhaedrusIV, OD*, KaPOOF and 3 others like this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    The robber was a convicted felon. He had a gun. How is that possible? I thought the law said that convicted felons couldn't have guns.

You mean laws can't protect me????
    Clearly this was not the same bad guy that is in my avatar picture.
    ep1953, PhaedrusIV and GraySkies like this.

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Chris Rock's little comedy sketch is absolutely true as well as being hilarious. Unfortunately his attitude has changed in recent times as he is now a big supporter of black lives matter.

The funny thing is that Mr. Rock has been criticized by at least one prominent BLM activist as not being radical enough.

Sponsored Links