? giving up your gun in an armed robbery. - Page 3

? giving up your gun in an armed robbery.

This is a discussion on ? giving up your gun in an armed robbery. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm As a former Marine FAST member, I think some people are filled with delusions of grandeur.... Did you see that. Batman ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ? giving up your gun in an armed robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    As a former Marine FAST member, I think some people are filled with delusions of grandeur....
    Did you see that. Batman just dropped by....

As posted above it really depends. So many variables. Its a fight for sure, it all depends on when you make your move, and what move you make first....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

If I was going to shoot .... it would be long before they were asking for wallets and purses. Your assumptions are .... you have given up many opportunities to act already............ and didn't. If they are armed with AR's and AK's, my objective is to get myself out of there ... ya'all are on your own, I'm not anyone's personal body guard.
    glockman10mm and airslot like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Did you see that. Batman just dropped by....

As posted above it really depends. So many variables. Its a fight for sure, it all depends on when you make your move, and what move you make first....
    Move over Hulk, Chuck, and da Fantastic Four!
    A new, until recently unknown, 1 man wreckin crew is in da house!!
    Aquaman and Harryball like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Heck , if you want them to be up close....... grab the nearest whimpy person and yell to them I just saw this guy stuff about $2000 in his shoes..... when he says he didn't argue LOUDLY with him (you are going to get us shot, hand them over the money and shut up ) push him around a bit if you have to .... so they can't yell over you and will need / want to come over to you to break it up and get the money ..... they'll come right over there for ya. And.... they'll be paying attention to him, not you , now you have your moment to get them off guard .... or have them up close.
    glockman10mm and airslot like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    When the issue presents itself I am acting then before they can act on their thoughts down the issue. Any opportunity, distraction or other issue that causes second thoughts immediately is when I would act. The further away they are the better. There may be some injuries early on and closer to them but I am acting and not reacting. Times a wasting and I have lots to loose.
    If only LIFE could be a little more tender and ART a little more robust. Alan Rickman
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Heck , if you want them to be up close....... grab the nearest whimpy person and yell to them I just saw this guy stuff about $2000 in his shoes..... when he says he didn't argue LOUDLY with him, they'll come right over there for ya. And.... they'll be paying attention to him , not you , now you have your moment to get them off guard.
    Shhhh...
    Be careful about what you say. What you are doing is being a "thinking man", and some super hero types don't take too much to that line of reasoning
    Eagleks and Eagleks like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

I'll stand in the camp which holds that frisking opens up a degree of otherwise unavailable opportunity - something about not pulling the donkey's tail.
    AzQkr and oneshot like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

VIP Member
    Heck , if you want them to be up close....... grab the nearest whimpy person and yell to them I just saw this guy stuff about $2000 in his shoes..... when he says he didn't argue LOUDLY with him (you are going to get us shot, hand them over the money and shut up ) push him around a bit if you have to .... so they can't yell over you and will need / want to come over to you to break it up and get the money ..... they'll come right over there for ya. And.... they'll be paying attention to him, not you , now you have your moment to get them off guard .... or have them up close.
    That's right up there with "Please, sir, do anything you want to the girl, just leave me alone!"
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That's right up there with "Please, sir, do anything you want to the girl, just leave me alone!"
    That's an extremely poor and bad comparison ..... and lame at that. You disappoint me, if you want to be sarcastic you couldn't do better then that.

I doubt the bg would think that when I put the gun against his head and pulled the trigger, then use his body as a shield to shoot at the other guy.

It's all about the art of distraction ... and obviously, you must not be very well versed in it, nor have ever used in real life situations, let a lone deadly ones. I have. I can give several "real" instances of it where I've used it..... and stopped someone ready to murder someone. When someone had a hostage or wanted to shoot it out .... guess who got called. Never had one where anyone was hurt, nor killed, including the person making all of the threats... and some were very questionable and tense. More then once, it got down to in a few seconds ... the guy either surrenderd or I was taking him out .... . as I would lose the opportunity otherwise.

Why not contribute something worthwhile to the conversation ..... rather then your childish snips.

Assess the situation. If frisker gets close enough, he becomes immediate target with or without weapon. Then bg with weapon becomes target. Hopefully with the number of cc, I'm not the only one and others react appropriately.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    That's an extremely poor and bad comparison ..... and lame at that. You disappoint me, if you want to be sarcastic you couldn't do better then that.

I doubt the bg would think that when I put the gun against his head and pulled the trigger, then use his body as a shield to shoot at the other guy.

It's all about the art of distraction ... and obviously, you must not be very well versed in it, nor have ever used in real life situations, let a lone deadly ones. I have. I can give several "real" instances of it where I've used it..... and stopped someone ready to murder someone. When someone had a hostage or wanted to shoot it out .... guess who got called. Never had one where anyone was hurt, nor killed, including the person making all of the threats... and some were very questionable and tense. More then once, it got down to in a few seconds ... the guy either surrenderd or I was taking him out .... . as I would lose the opportunity otherwise.

Why not contribute something worthwhile to the conversation ..... rather then your childish snips.
    C'mon, it was a great comparison. My statement will mess with the bad guys' waza at least as much as yours will.
    oneshot likes this.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

VIP Member
    Only time I attack and draw for sure is if they want to take me somewhere else. At that point I have nothing to lose. If they have me "dead to rights" I still move and shoot. Better dead in public quickly that dead slowly somewhere quiet and isolated. That is my only scenario without other options.
    AzQkr likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Luckily I've been trained in the art of the "Matrix" I will simply Dodge all the bullets and disarm all the bad guys with my h2h skills taught to me Jason Bourne.

I forgot to post a picture of my bad self
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ? giving up your gun in an armed robbery.-ninja-155848_960_720.png  

I didn't know what Marine FAST was until I looked it up. 40 years ago we didn't call it that. I was a Marine that worked guarding and recovering nuclear weapons. I was called a Marine. I guess they have to have fancy names these days.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links