To Call Or Not To Call - Page 4

To Call Or Not To Call

This is a discussion on To Call Or Not To Call within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MattLarson As a general rule, I would suggest that any time you deliberately display your firearm, you should call 911 as soon ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: To Call Or Not To Call

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post

As a general rule, I would suggest that any time you deliberately display your firearm, you should call 911 as soon as it is safe and practical to do so - getting to be the "victim" can make life go a lot easier.

Matt
    +1
    If you have displayed a firearm legally you have nothing to fear from the police, so best to call and CYA. That's why we carry isn't it? To cover our
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    PJ, the call to 911 would potentially come after, not before the incident. At twenty yards there is no time to call 911.

The difference in the scenario (i.e. gun/knife visible) is if you could clearly see a weapon then a 911 call would be to report aggravated assault in addition to your drawing your weapon. If you cannot clearly identify a weapon then it would simply be a report of suspicious people and drawing your weapon.

I completely agree that drawing the weapon is unquestionably justified (in AZ.) The contentious point is whether to report it after nothing illegal transpired.
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood the question.
    I think that yes, I would call, because I don't want a description of me, my car, my license plate, to be phoned in by someone who tells the police that he was just coming up to ask for a smoke and I pointed a gun at him. And there's me, who didn't say boo about it to anyone. Makes me look mighty guilty; whereas calling first makes me look like I was just defending myself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links