UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds.... - Page 3

UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds....

This is a discussion on UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; According to Waffle House Corporate, this sign is supposed to be attached to every one of their "restaurants." Granted, in those states where signs do ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds....

VIP Member
    According to Waffle House Corporate, this sign is supposed to be attached to every one of their "restaurants."

Granted, in those states where signs do not carry the force of law, or those states which require specific signage, the signs, by themselves, are basically meaningless. Every location, however, is required to have sign posted on the building. Around here, the sign is usually put on the side of the building facing the smallest number of parking spaces.

The way the signs are worded, it almost seems the signs are referring to the exterior portion of the property.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

JBW

Wafflehouse waitress responds....

There's a no firearms sign on a nearby Waffle House where I'm at. Not like the one above, but they may have one of those too but I've not noticed it. The one I see is on the front window by the door.

I still carry concealed in when I go cause last time I checked bad guys don't care. So I'll carry legally.

Other than corporate political agenda, the only reason I could see for the sign is a sad attempt to ward off late night drunkards from having a gun?

I'm in AL so signs don't hold water if you are carrying concealed. But it's got to be a no show or they'll make a deal out of it maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    I find it curious, the number of people (including those interviewed by the "TV Reporter") who seem to believe that firing a warning shot into the air is some part of the legitimate usage of a self-defense firearm. While it's understandable that most of the general public might hold such beliefs (if they have watched enough TV Westerns) one has to hope that 99% of licensed CCW/CHL holders won't engage in such nonsense.

And also, if consecutive armed robberies continue to happen at one or more Waffle House locations, why aren't the TV news people at W/H H.Q., asking the W/H CEO what measures have been taken to ensure the safety and protection of W/H customers ?

Why is Waffle House Corporate (seemingly) sitting on their hands, while employees and customers continue to be accosted by criminally armed thugs, even while denying these same people the right to protect themselves ?
    We had a situation close to me a while back where a man fired the weapon "into the ground" to scare a guy off. The problem was, where he was, there was nothing but a Walmart parking lot on one side, and a house on the other. I couldn't see a way to do that safely!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Why is Waffle House Corporate (seemingly) sitting on their hands, while employees and customers continue to be accosted by criminally armed thugs, even while denying these same people the right to protect themselves ?
    I don't know their reasoning but a fair question would be what circumstance is likely to be more financially costly to the Corp.. a criminal act that is already against the law OR a reckless, negligent/accidential injury that occurs on their property?
    AzQkr likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

What goes up must come down. Firing a bullet into the air means that the bullet must come back down to earth somewhere, possibly injuring or killing someone. Very bad idea to fire a bullet into the air. Glad the waitress came through the experience intact, though I am confident that by now her former employer will have fired her for having had a gun in her car.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    I carry into a WH in Az anytime I want to, no signs of any kind prohibiting that here locally.
    Same here in Colorado.
    AzQkr likes this.
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

As we suspected, the waitress was fired.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    As we suspected, the waitress was fired.
    As expected, for endangerment [ firing into the air ] at the very least. But will she be convicted of the crime she committed?
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    As expected, for endangerment [ firing into the air ] at the very least. But will she be convicted of the crime she committed?
    A very interesting question ! Could go either way, I suspect.

I have another question: What's the message that a "warning shot" into the air, is supposed to send to fleeing robbery suspects ?

a. Don't come back, ever ! or

b. Better come back and murder me; I might be a witness ?
    AzQkr likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by marshallman View Post
    That very well might be their rationale, and a reason why I may never eat there again. If they can't trust me to act responsibly when I have a license in my wallet that says that my state trusts me enough to carry a weapon in public, then they don't need my business anymore.
    This is a sentiment brought up very frequently here. Both parts...about gun owners not being responsible and not supporting a business with that view.

What is so troubling to me is that gun owners...including some posting here...write the same thing all the time... feeling that while they are "qualified," there are also "yahoos" out there that would stand up and shoot in a crowded place (for example.) This is expressed here all the time...so then it seems so odd to me that people here then often claim they wont support a business that thinks the same thing.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    This is a sentiment brought up very frequently here. Both parts...about gun owners not being responsible and not supporting a business with that view.

What is so troubling to me is that gun owners...including some posting here...write the same thing all the time... feeling that while they are "qualified," there are also "yahoos" out there that would stand up and shoot in a crowded place (for example.) This is expressed here all the time...so then it seems so odd to me that people here then often claim they wont support a business that thinks the same thing.
    That's a fair point, 9MM...

But what troubles me is that Waffle House Corporate seems to be more interested in supporting armed bandits, as opposed to legally-armed citizens.

The former group has only ONE objective, and that is to intimidate, harass, or even murder WH employees and customers, in order to facilitate armed robbery.

The latter group has entirely lawful objectives, and those objectives are oriented so as to generate profits for the corporation.

Could armed customers/employees "make a mistake" and and do something stupid to injure or kill someone ? Sure ! That is a very real risk.

But quite unlike the armed thugs, robbing, and pointing live firearms at people isn't their main objective or their intent, is it ?
    Last edited by PhaedrusIV; January 1st, 2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: grammar correction
    neil456 and Paladin3840 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    That's a fair point, 9MM...

But what troubles me is that Waffle House Corporate seems to be more interested in supporting armed bandits, as opposed to legally-armed citizens.

The former group has only ONE objective, and that is to intimidate, harass, or even murder WH employees and customers, in order to facilitate armed robbery.

The latter group has entirely lawful objectives, and those objectives are oriented so as to generate profits for the corporation.

Could armed customers/employees "make a mistake" and and do something stupid to injure or kill someone ? Sure ! That is a very real risk.

But quite unlike the armed thugs, robbing, and pointing live firearms at people isn't their main objective or their intent, is it ?
    Alot of times these decisions are made by their insurance companies, not the companies themselves, and esp. not even individual franchise owners. Sometimes they are also the policies of the mall or building owners/management, if they rent space somewhere.
    PhaedrusIV and marshallman like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Alot of times these decisions are made by their insurance companies, not the companies themselves, and esp. not even individual franchise owners. Sometimes they are also the policies of the mall or building owners/management, if they rent space somewhere.
    True ! And certainly not by individual franchise owners. They are truly at the bottom of the food chain (no pun intended.)

But my belief is that if a corporate CEO allows his insurance provider to run his business, then he is a sorry excuse for a leader.

(Not at all an uncommon phenomenon, however, in today's world.)

This what lack of knowledge will get you.
    Fizban, AzQkr and PhaedrusIV like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    I totally get that. My reasoning for not doing business with a place that has a no gun sign posted has nothing to do with me trying to be a hero. The plain and simple fact is that I refuse to leave a weapon unattended in a vehicle. The city where I live has had a string of auto burglaries, and the police did an outstanding job of catching the criminals, who stole several pistols that were found in the cars they burglarized and were trying to sell them for drugs. i will do everything in my power to keep my weapon secure, even if that means having to do business with other people while I'm carrying.
    Last edited by marshallman; January 1st, 2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: my english no workee so gud today
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links