UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds.... - Page 4

UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds....

This is a discussion on UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is not a anti gun issue... its a goofball issue. All the drama aside, stuff happens... bad people do bad things and we good ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds....

This is not a anti gun issue... its a goofball issue. All the drama aside, stuff happens... bad people do bad things and we good people are not always going to be in a position to thwart them. I never carried a firearm the first 21 years of my life and I managed to go places and do things all over this planet. If Waffle House wants to prohibit firearms, I think I can manage to be unarmed for 30 minutes and if I cant.. I aint mad at them. I can either go or not, its not the sort of decision that warrants all the hubbub. The bottom line is that some bad guys did some bad things and a well intending waitress acted like a goof. Its not much deeper than that. I think this highlights the need for people who are going to carry firearms, to get some training.
    marshallman and glockman10mm like this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Waffle House is a D list eatery for me, which makes it a last resort and only when traveling cross country.
    But aside from my personal culinary preferences, the waitress in this scenario just outright broke the law,
    not to mention the endangerment she put everyone in the vicinity in.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    What goes up must come down. Firing a bullet into the air means that the bullet must come back down to earth somewhere, possibly injuring or killing someone. Very bad idea to fire a bullet into the air. Glad the waitress came through the experience intact, though I am confident that by now her former employer will have fired her for having had a gun in her car.
    She was indeed fired, as I predicted.

Waffle House Waitress Fired After Shooting Gun During Alleged Robbery - Breitbart

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    This is a sentiment brought up very frequently here. Both parts...about gun owners not being responsible and not supporting a business with that view.

What is so troubling to me is that gun owners...including some posting here...write the same thing all the time... feeling that while they are "qualified," there are also "yahoos" out there that would stand up and shoot in a crowded place (for example.) This is expressed here all the time...so then it seems so odd to me that people here then often claim they wont support a business that thinks the same thing.
    I am one of those, hence my support and belief that some people should not be carrying a gun, further solidifies my support for a business to have this policy if they choose.
    PhaedrusIV, AzQkr and Fizban like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I am one of those, hence my support and belief that some people should not be carrying a gun, further solidifies my support for a business to have this policy if they choose.
    Fair enough, GMan. So W/H has solved the "idiot employee with a gun" problem (at least temporarily, and in this one, single case.)

What have they done to solve the larger, more intractable "recidivist armed thug problem" at whatever locations seem to draw armed robbers like flies on yesterday's hash browns ?
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I've never said and hope I've never implied that everyone should be carrying a gun. OTOH, IMO some people should not reproduce either. However it is not my place to interfere with their right to do so if they have the legal ability to do so. Same with guns...we are not in Minority Report and cant make predictions that restrict people's rights. Regarding 'responsibility,' it's never been possible, that I've seen, to accommodate everyone's comfort levels for 'responsibility' in others. Certainly not within a Constitutional framework when it comes to rights.

My concern is, again, the characterizations where it seems some gun owners/carriers are 'more equal' than others....and that is exactly what the anti-gun people believe...and that most have no reason nor are responsible enough to do so. I dislike reading it so frequently here; it worries me that it can just be used as ammunition by the other side.

My signature below, regarding "freedom" expresses this best.

Re: the businesses, well since criminals dont pay attention to signs or laws, I'll still carry if legal if I choose, no matter the signage.
    Paladin3840 and PhaedrusIV like this.

*hiccup!*

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Fair enough, GMan. So W/H has solved the "idiot employee with a gun" problem (at least temporarily, and in this one, single case.)

What have they done to solve the larger, more intractable "recidivist armed thug problem" at whatever locations seem to draw armed robbers like flies on yesterday's hash browns ?
    Armed robbers are the least of my concern, although I don't recall any conclusive proof in the story that anyone actually saw a firearm.
    But has anyone ever taken a real good look at the short order cooks and people who handle your food at WH?

If I'm in a place eating my food unarmed, and it's being robbed, I'm going to keep right on eating; not going to upset me in the least.
    But if they come over and bother me, I'll just kill the SOB/s if they get within my arms reach, or die trying, but either way it's not something I'm going to worry about.
    PhaedrusIV and 5lima30ret like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

I've never said and hope I've never implied that everyone should be carrying a gun. OTOH, IMO some people should not reproduce either.

...since criminals don't pay attention to signs or laws, I'll still carry if legal if I choose, no matter the signage.
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I've never said and hope I've never implied that everyone should be carrying a gun. OTOH, IMO some people should not reproduce either. However it is not my place to interfere with their right to do so if they have the legal ability to do so. Same with guns...we are not in Minority Report and cant make predictions that restrict people's rights. Regarding 'responsibility,' it's never been possible, that I've seen, to accommodate everyone's comfort levels for 'responsibility' in others. Certainly not within a Constitutional framework when it comes to rights.

My concern is, again, the characterizations where it seems some gun owners/carriers are 'more equal' than others....and that is exactly what the anti-gun people believe...and that most have no reason nor are responsible enough to do so. I dislike reading it so frequently here; it worries me that it can just be used as ammunition by the other side.

My signature below, regarding "freedom" expresses this best.

Re: the businesses, well since criminals dont pay attention to signs or laws, I'll still carry if legal if I choose, no matter the signage.
    What signage?
    -Jeff Cooper

What signage?
    Regarding this post? "No guns" signs werent the topic, policy was but my comment applies to both, within the law.

In WA St, the signs (nor policies) dont have law to back them up.

Regarding this post? "No guns" signs werent the topic, policy was but my comment applies to both, within the law.

In WA St, the signs (nor policies) dont have law to back them up.
    Let me say it another way;

What signage:)
    -Jeff Cooper

Let me say it another way;

What signage:)
    You lost me.

You lost me.
    Clean out your PM box.
    -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    You lost me.
    There is no spoon.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Don Collier, Fury

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links