UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds....

This is a discussion on UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wafflehouse waitress responds to threats by robbers, in a weird way...goes to her car to get gun and then shoots into the air. http://www.ajc.com/news/local/waffle...eg82x3mdW9a0M/ As ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: UPDATE!!! Wafflehouse waitress responds....

Wafflehouse waitress responds to threats by robbers, in a weird way...goes to her car to get gun and then shoots into the air.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/waffle...eg82x3mdW9a0M/

As we all suspected...the waitress has been fired...and I suspect she probably should have been.

Ga Waffle House waitress fired after shooting gun during robbery
    Last edited by Shootnlead; January 1st, 2017 at 04:52 AM.

This is a toughee. We don't know certain things from this news report. It's not clear whether the bad guys were already in the process of leaving. If they were, then the shooting waitress took an unnecessary risk. According to wikipedia, bullets shot in the air can obtain terminal velocities that can kill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

If not, then she did what she could do, taking a calculated risk. HOWEVER, instead of praising her, I'd say it could have equally ended the other way, with the bad guys panicked by the gun shot and shooting innocent people within the waffle house. They could have been high or whatever. This could have ended very badly - the shooting waitress is very lucky. As are the people inside.

Again, not 100% clear from the news.

Maybe a better question is, what would you (me, you, etc) do in a similar situation? Perhaps as a customer who has just parked and is approaching the waffle house door.

What would you do?

(For me 911 and take an observation position so I can keep 911 operator appraised, and if I can, warn off anyone approaching the place. I think that's the best a lone CC from the outside of a waffle house could (and should) do. )

VIP Member
    Maybe next time she'll have it on her person.
    Spark456 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Waffle House has a national no gun policy, and I'd guess a person working at one can't afford to lose that job.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

The reporter said said Waffle House has a no weapon policy. Don't know if they meant no weapons allowed or employees can't carry.

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Waffle House won't let her. They have a corporate policy against firearms in the establishment. Apparently they're afraid that legal firearm owners might act responsibly while they're eating or working there! On a side note, I wonder if the robbers saw the no weapons sign? Surely they would have decided to stop when they saw that warning!
    ep1953 and rcsoftexas like this.
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePostman View Post
    The reporter said said Waffle House has a no weapon policy. Don't know if they meant no weapons allowed or employees can't carry.
    Yes.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

The threat was over. They were leaving. She was out of harms way and still fired the gun. You call the police and let them do their job. She will probably lose the job, lose the gun, and get a police record for $200 of her employers money .
    Nothing responsible about starting a gun fight in a crowded room if it can be avoided.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallman View Post
    Waffle House won't let her. They have a corporate policy against firearms in the establishment. Apparently they're afraid that legal firearm owners might act responsibly while they're eating or working there! On a side note, I wonder if the robbers saw the no weapons sign? Surely they would have decided to stop when they saw that warning!
    Their corporate no gun policy might be due to fear legal gun owners may do something stupid while eating or working there. The actions of the waitress in this case may bolster their fear. She fired an unaimed warning shot, possibly after the criminals were leaving (details are vague in the story). The anti gun crowd could easily spin this story to show an example of dangerous behavior by gun owners.
    PhaedrusIV and rcsoftexas like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Their corporate no gun policy might be due to fear legal gun owners may do something stupid while eating or working there. The actions of the waitress in this case may bolster their fear. She fired an unaimed warning shot, possibly after the criminals were leaving (details are vague in the story). The anti gun crowd could easily spin this story to show an example of dangerous behavior by gun owners.
    That very well might be their rationale, and a reason why I may never eat there again. If they can't trust me to act responsibly when I have a license in my wallet that says that my state trusts me enough to carry a weapon in public, then they don't need my business anymore.
    GeezerSquid likes this.
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by ThePostman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yes.
    That's amazingly helpful Mike1956. Is that yes they have a policy, yes no weapons allowed, or yes employees can't carry?
    Chief of Income Acquisition (wife is Chief of Purchasing - of course)
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDiablo View Post
    That's amazingly helpful Mike1956. Is that yes they have a policy, yes no weapons allowed, or yes employees can't carry?
    No weapons are allowed, and employees can't carry.
    TexasDiablo likes this.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

Sponsor
    I carry into a WH in Az anytime I want to, no signs of any kind prohibiting that here locally.
    scottync, rubberfrog and crcr3399 like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

According to past reports, Waffle House Corporate HQ has a "no weapons" policy for their employees. Therefore in my humble opinion, they should be prepared to fork over the cash upon any robbery request, without retributions towards any employee.
    marshallman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    No weapons are allowed, and employees can't carry.
    i use to carry at the ones in Fayetteville, NC. Never noticed a sign banning them. Last was there in 2014.
    scottync likes this.
    Chief of Income Acquisition (wife is Chief of Purchasing - of course)
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links