My four most realistic scenarios I'm concerned about - Page 3

My four most realistic scenarios I'm concerned about

This is a discussion on My four most realistic scenarios I'm concerned about within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not worried about car jacking...my cars are all 15-17 yrs old...no one is going to choose to hijack my vehicle when there's lots of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: My four most realistic scenarios I'm concerned about

I'm not worried about car jacking...my cars are all 15-17 yrs old...no one is going to choose to hijack my vehicle when there's lots of shiny new ones available.
    I not worried about home invasion...as you may have read in some of my previous posts on this forum, I live inside a fortress of solitude...no one gets in without a 'pass'.
    Nor am I worried about SHTF scenarios...I'm still sitting on arsenal acquired for SHTF over 30 years ago and S hasn't HTF yet.
    And I'm not worried about #4 either...whatever that is...zombies maybe? The zombie traps the 150 yd perimeter will handle them.

The only scenario I am concerned about is a public mass shooting attempt like a movie theater or
    restaurant, or maybe being in the wrong place at the wrong time when a gas station robbery occurs, or a face to face robbery at gunpoint on the street, which I have personally experienced.
    Haven't seen a real zombie yet though...other than a few meth heads at WW.

Quote Originally Posted by bpurdy0 View Post
    There are a 3 car jacking scenarios I come up with and almost all of them end with me losing the car. It's not worth risking my life over something that's insured.

1. Carjacker approaches me while I am outside of the car and demands my keys. I would toss the keys one way and run the other.
    2. Carjacker approaches from driver or passenger side window. I would attempt to drive away.
    3. Carjacker enters vehicle. I would jump out at my first chance.

Your #2......was stopped at a light on a remote road at 2:30am when suddenly my passenger side front door is being forced / tugged open by some guy....lucky for me my doors were locked and lucky for him .... he didn't see my GS / Rebel asleep on the front passenger seat in the dark of my truck......all he saw were white fangs in the dark and dog spit on the window......he left rather quickly.

Now if my doors were not locked......well it would have been a real rodeo right out there.
    Old Sarge and Sportymonk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Northface View Post
    That reminds me that my house keys and other important keys are on the same ring. May be time to rethink that.
    I was thinking the same thing. In a side note, I have heard that if your keys are stolen, they can find the car by simply walking around hitting one of the buttons to make the lights and horn go off. Once they have the car and tag with registration inside, they have your house address and the keys there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Car jacking?? Meh. Please take it.

Home invasion? Don't bother kicking the door. It's unlocked, come right on in.

SHTF? Most of us veterans have already been there, and got the t shirt.

Ill tell ya what really kills people; stress from worry, lack of exercise, and smoking, or excessive drinking.
    Excessive drinking? Really? Glad I don't smoke.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    My plan for carjacking...

Let them have it, odds are they can't drive a stick shift.

This is funny.....but completely realistic.

kerberos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
    This is funny.....but completely realistic.

It was meant both ways...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Ride or die" lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links