Incident at the movies - Page 2

Incident at the movies

This is a discussion on Incident at the movies within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fludy12 Hmmm... Let me guess... Regency Square Mall at the corner of Monument and Atlantic BLVD? I lived near there in Jax ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fludy12 View Post
    Hmmm... Let me guess... Regency Square Mall at the corner of Monument and Atlantic BLVD? I lived near there in Jax when I was stationed at NAVSTA Mayport.

That mall is NOT in a good area! Or the Orange Park Mall over by NAS Jax? The "Westside" is a pretty bad area, too. Then again, most areas around Navy bases tend to be pretty bad...
    fludy.....your first guess was right.....Regency Square. I'm not the happiest of father/husbands when I go there......which isn't often, but sometimes I end up there with the wife and kids for 'whatever'. Made the trip last weekend for the "tax free"--"back-to-school" sales and left with much stuff... ....just very tiring maintaining "yellow" on a swivel for several hours. Even a constant presence by JSO dosn't curb some of the BS and 'banger' activity.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I'm with Lima.

No way in the hell I'm allowing myself to be removed from the scene.
    They can have everything on my person including my underwear but damn if they are removing my person from the premises.

I'll fight like they just slapped my mother and if I get shot well that'll suck but I'm not going anywhere, period. The option does not exist in my mind.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    I like Lima's response too.

But as I get older in this arena, I'm getting quite reluctant to put my intentions in writing to "what if" scenarios especially in public forums. I have this nagging thought that if I am ever in a shooting situation, someone will dig it up and use it against me!

Be situationally aware and be prepared! Practice practice practice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Bad situation.

Don't really know what I'd do, and maybe I'm being impulsive here, but I'm thinking that if it's me, it's go-time.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I like Lima's response too.

But as I get older in this arena, I'm getting quite reluctant to put my intentions in writing to "what if" scenarios especially in public forums. I have this nagging thought that if I am ever in a shooting situation, someone will dig it up and use it against me!

Be situationally aware and be prepared! Practice practice practice!
    I always hear people post about not saying anything about their tactics, saying what guns they have, etc. Who the heck is going to know who "Thumper" (or anyone else for that matter) is? Just don't be stupid and use a real name. Do you really think some DA is going to come to this obscure site and scour EVERY post for something similar to a situation that "went down"?

You really think he's going to be able to get a warrant for an IP address with NO name, motive or proof?

1943 - 2009
    I always hear people post about not saying anything about their tactics, saying what guns they have, etc. Who the heck is going to know who "Thumper" (or anyone else for that matter) is? Just don't be stupid and use a real name. Do you really think some DA is going to come to this obscure site and scour EVERY post for something similar to a situation that "went down"?

You really think he's going to be able to get a warrant for an IP address with NO name, motive or proof?
    This is straying off topic. Let's not take this any further in this thread.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    This is straying off topic. Let's not take this any further in this thread.
    Okay, but have you ever heard of any evidence from a gun forum that resulted in a prosecution? I'm not talking about the bangers and other losers on MySpace and those other sites where they post pictures, videos and actually brag about crimes they've committed. Even the infamous internet "Gunkid"...all his postings over at Glocktalk didn't even bring him down. His ex-wife did.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    your best bet stands in the parking lot in my training we were told and retold the car is the worst place to fight. Get out and stand your ground.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I keep my gun on my hip or on my back. I always have a round in the chamber, and 6 more in the clip. I always assume they'll want my wallet or keys. I'd stay calm, say i'm getting my wallet pull out my Glock quickly, shoot immediately before he could respond, then disarm him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I keep my gun on my hip or on my back. I always have a round in the chamber, and 6 more in the clip. I always assume they'll want my wallet or keys. I'd stay calm, say i'm getting my wallet pull out my Glock quickly, shoot immediately before he could respond, then disarm him.
    G36? If so, darned good pistol!

Yup, I saw a real nice, almost new one at the gun store. The guy told me a state trooper had it before me and only put two clips thru it. I only paid $575 for it. I couldn't pass that up

I love it. I used to carry a 9mm EAA Witness, and its ok in the winter time when I have a lot of clothes on, but in the summer when its harder to conceal I wanted to get something new.

Yup, I saw a real nice, almost new one at the gun store. The guy told me a state trooper had it before me and only put two clips thru it. I only paid $575 for it. I couldn't pass that up

I love it. I used to carry a 9mm EAA Witness, and its ok in the winter time when I have a lot of clothes on, but in the summer when its harder to conceal I wanted to get something new.

How's the reliability? I've heard the G36 can be finicky with some types of ammo.

How's the reliability? I've heard the G36 can be finicky with some types of ammo.
    To be honest I haven't shot it enough to really be able to tell. I went to the range with 200 rounds of some 230 grain rounds. It fired beautifully, and it didn't jam once. It has low to moderate recoil and it didn’t kick like I expected it to. I've only had it for a few months so I really haven't established 100% reliability with it yet. From what I can tell, and have heard it is a sound gun.

1943 - 2009
    Okay, but have you ever heard of any evidence from a gun forum that resulted in a prosecution?
    No, I personally, have not. But like I said, this topic is irrelevant to this thread.

If you feel this subject merits discussion, then start a new thread.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

To be honest I haven't shot it enough to really be able to tell. I went to the range with 200 rounds of some 230 grain rounds. It fired beautifully, and it didn't jam once. It has low to moderate recoil and it didn’t kick like I expected it to. I've only had it for a few months so I really haven't established 100% reliability with it yet. From what I can tell, and have heard it is a sound gun.
    Sounds good. Is it really that much thinner than the standard Glock thickness? I'm wondering how it would compare in size to a Kahr PM9. If it's not too much bigger, it would be great to replace a payload of 6+1 9mm with 6+1 .45.

I know I could look up the dimensions, but it's always hard to tell without a subjective opinion. I wonder if anyone here has the PM9 and G36 and would post some pictures or links of side-by-side shots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links