Vancouver Shooting

Vancouver Shooting

This is a discussion on Vancouver Shooting within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just saw this on CNN, Scarry scene. One shooter in the front and one frome the rear. I think I will start sitting with my ...

Thread: Vancouver Shooting

Vancouver Shooting

Just saw this on CNN, Scarry scene. One shooter in the front and one frome the rear. I think I will start sitting with my back against the wall.
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...405179-cp.html

2 dead, six wounded in Vancouver restaurant shooting

VANCOUVER (CP) - Vancouver police say eight people were shot, two fatally, when two gunmen sprayed a restaurant with bullets in an apparent "targeted hit."

"As soon as they entered the restaurant they started shooting," Insp. Bob Chapman told reporters. "We currently have two people dead in the restaurant and six people in the hospital with bullet wounds. One person's not doing very well."

Investigators were looking for the two gunmen, who fired dozens of shots early Thursday before escaping from the Fortune Happiness restaurant, in the city's east end.

"We have nine millimetre and .45 calibre shell casings on the floor," Chapman said.

Police were not commenting on a motive, but suggested it was not a random shooting.

"Typically we'll see things like this and it would indicate to us that it's a targeted hit,' said Const. Howard Chow.

Reports quote eyewitnesses as saying one of the shooters entered from the back of the restaurant, the other from the front.

There were bullet holes in the front window of the restaurant.

Police were interviewing about a dozen witnesses.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Senior Moderator
    I wonder if all eight were the targets or if the shooters were just sparying and praying.

I guess in this situation you'd best go prone and then try to return fire if you could.

Of course in Canada you can't unless you are a LEO or Bad Guy
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I guess never pull a Bill Hickok. Keep that wall at your back.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The store recently installed security camera, so they were expecting some trouble likely. The police fear there will be a revenge hit because of this. The Police aren't saying what guns were used but said they 9mm and .40cal. They hinted at the weapons being automatic.
    It's fairly rare for such a big and public hit here. the organized crime types generally avoid such public displays as it causes problems that interfere with "Business" which is huge as we are the gateway for large amount of drugs heading south. I suspect some people are challenging the current state of affairs, all of the victims here were Chinese, so either a Triad or the Big Circle gang are likely involved. There was another late night shooing at a Bistro near my house, the glass door was shot up after hours, either the owner pissed someone off or owes money.

The good thing here is that none of the officals comment on this being a legal gun issue, they know that 95% of the guns used in crime are smuggled in from the US and Eastern Europe. In Toronto everytime the Jamican gangs have a shoot out the Mayor blames the legal gunowners, I guess it's cheaper than fixing the social problems.

Sponsored Links