When should you take a threat seriously? - Page 2

When should you take a threat seriously?

This is a discussion on When should you take a threat seriously? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AzQkr When it's a serious threat. When I hear the words ( I WILL KILL YOU!!!!)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: When should you take a threat seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    When it's a serious threat.
    When I hear the words ( I WILL KILL YOU!!!!)

I shrug my shoulders and hand her my lawyer's...business card.
    9MMare likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    As a former HR professional, I agree with all the above:
    1. Document all conversations you have had with her, right now
    2. File a police report, They won't do anything, but it's on record. Don't go to HR first, they will try to talk you out of going to the police.
    3. Make a harassment report to HR, letting them know a police report is on file and that you intend to file for a restraining order (even if you don't actually do so). HR has to be kicked in the backside to do something, but this will force their hand.
    4. You might consider actually filing for a restraining order. They are BS and you might not get one, but make sure she will knows you've filed for one.
    5. Have your lawyer send her a letter outlining all the steps that have been taken and let her know that if she make further threats and/or does not pay off your insurance company immediately, further legal action will be taken.
    I agree about the restraining order but if things ever went to court, it could be evidence that she truly feared for her safety.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I agree about the restraining order but if things ever went to court, it could be evidence that she truly feared for her safety.
    How could the OP filing a restraining order be evidence that the object OF the restraining order was fearful for...her OWN safety?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    How could the OP filing a restraining order be evidence that the object OF the restraining order was fearful for...her OWN safety?
    I dont understand your question. The OP would go to her/his HR rep, and be advised to go to police to have a restraining order assigned because she/he, the OP, had been threatened and feared for her/his life.

The logging of such a request, even if the RO wasnt approved, would be evidence that the OP had a reasonable belief that his/her safety was at risk.
    msgt/ret and Eagleks like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

MY misunderstanding 9MMare. I didn't know the OP was female. I, uhhh...still don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulless80 View Post
    It's a scenario that I haven't thought about until today. A chick at work hit my car and without insurance, she got the bill for the damage. She threatened (said, she will take it to the street) if I don't tell my insurance to stop harassing her. Her fault she hit my car. She said she can look me up and find me. Sure enough, a quick google showed my address on whitepages.com.

What would you do if someone who has threatened you approached you in public?
    Right there is when I take a threat seriously.
    Doogie likes this.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

MY misunderstanding 9MMare. I didn't know the OP was female. I, uhhh...still don't.
    I dont know either.
    Fortune favors the bold.

I'm a man in my mid 30's with as many guns as you guys, probably. Experience owner too. I just want to do things the right way and in case I do need to use deadly force, I will be covered. Already sent email to plant manager and HR manager about the situation. It happened at work on 2nd shift so all the bosses were gone by then. 2 other emplyees were there and heard her screaming/cussing/calling me names for at least 30 mins. She really expects me to just call my insurance company and drop it. yeah, right. Those 2 employees did not hear the exact words, but they witnessed her cussing/screaming..

Going to file a police report now. I don't know man... i

I'm not afraid. Just need to watch out that's all. She's your typical loud mouth chick.
    Last edited by soulless80; January 7th, 2017 at 09:13 PM.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Rent a bulldozer, drive it over her car, return the bulldozer.

Or not.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Struckat's Avatar
    Hold your tongue now! Don't make statements like that, they can make you look bad if things get nasty and you actually have to defend yourself.
    Col.TED likes this.

A lot of good advice in all of the above.

I even got the ..... "well he has a lot of friends too and they are dangerous" ..... my reply was .... tell him to bring all of them along, as I've got plenty of ammo for everyone. I had to laugh really.....

Most people that really want to "get you" , aren't going to talk about it. Those that do, are usually (not always) blowing BS. It's called initimidation.
    However, there is always those few that will follow thru with it.... never know which one's that is going to be. I would be carrying , prepared and watchful...... and act accordingly to whatever could occur.

I think to the most part, do the things recommended above in here with Police, HR, etc. ..... and they may realize they just stepped in it.
    Col.TED likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by soulless80 View Post
    I'm a man - That's easy to prove. in my mid 30's - We believe you. with as many guns as you guys - That's tougher to prove. probably. Experience owner too....heard her screaming/cussing/calling me names...they witnessed her cussing/screaming.. She's your typical loud mouth chick - If she's "typical" then there's less to worry about. Sounds like (so far) she's all sizzle (drama) and no steak (action). It's the quiet ones that'll cut your throat. I admire your patience and respect your caution. But she's done nothing but cuss & scream so far. Just lay low & let due process...proceed. Think : Sticks & stones....
    I am not an attorney, I'm a redneck, sage guru!

I am not an attorney, I'm a redneck, sage guru!
    Understood. In my original post, I said, she said she can look me up and find me and take it to the street. I looked up myself and it showed my current address.. wth. She's a loud mouth ghetto chick with a ghetto boyfriend. Never know. They look like the ones that appear on the local news daily committing crimes. I have to take it seriously. Called/emailed all my superiors at work that I will not be in for 2 weeks. They understood where I am coming from and took the threat very seriously. My employer is a gun free zone, so no way I am risking my life esp since I work 2nd shift. I can picture myself walking out (usually the last one since I need to close down/lock up) to my car and some does a drive by.

Another co-worker got a death threat recently too and he's pretty shaken up. This is what happens when you work for a company near the ghetto with ghetto low life scums. Milwaukee is the city, so it doesn't take a genius to guess what kind of people are there. Probably will end up quitting. I can't protect myself and I don't want to go to work thinking about my safety every night.

The GF said she could wait for me every night after work with the wasr or AR nearby, but that's too much work and I'm also putting her at risk too. Brave woman. nope! Not worth it.Not to mention, she works at 6am and i don't get off till 11-pm-12am.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    A lot of good advice in all of the above.

I even got the ..... "well he has a lot of friends too and they are dangerous" ..... my reply was .... tell him to bring all of them along, as I've got plenty of ammo for everyone. I had to laugh really.....

Most people that really want to "get you" , aren't going to talk about it. Those that do, are usually (not always) blowing BS. It's called initimidation.
    However, there is always those few that will follow thru with it.... never know which one's that is going to be. I would be carrying , prepared and watchful...... and act accordingly to whatever could occur.

I think to the most part, do the things recommended above in here with Police, HR, etc. ..... and they may realize they just stepped in it.
    Agreed to a certain extent. Like you said, just never know. 9 out of 10 may just make empty threats. That 1 make go through with it. For a job? not worth it. I can find a new job easily. My employer will deal with the hostile employee. I would feel a lot safer if I could carry. I can't even have a weapon on company property. Even if I were to break the rules and decided to leave a gun in my car in the parking lot, it's still no help. Carrying a gun into the company is a no-no for sure. Either way, I lose.

Lesson learned. Never work for a company near the ghetto with ghetto people near. They will most likely be working for the nearby companies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links