Firearm loading station? - Page 2

Firearm loading station?

This is a discussion on Firearm loading station? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone done tests to see how much sand it takes to stop a typical 9mm or 357 magnum round? Say the type of sand ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Firearm loading station?

Has anyone done tests to see how much sand it takes to stop a typical 9mm or 357 magnum round?

Say the type of sand you buy at the hardware store for the garden or mixing cement.

Distinguished Member Array 1911srule's Avatar
    Standard feature at every armory and military police weapons cage. Nothing wakes you up quite like some idiot in front of you who drops the hammer on a rd left in the chamber at the end of a shift...
    Havok and PhaedrusIV like this.
    NOT a Kool Aid drinker. Question everything...
    Political Correctness- the tool used to disarm common sense and destroy America.

I think I have read that you should feel safe behind as little as 6" of sand. Someone will remember a set of videos where someone already tested it.

The Box O' Truth #7 - The Sands O' Truth - The Box O' Truth

There I found it! DR
    cal44 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pscyclepath View Post
    It was a standard thing for us in U.S. Army Europe in the 70s and 80s... We pulled armed warhead guard on the Pershing missile launch pads at the various combat alert sites, and a clearing barrel was posted at the exit of the exclusion area, and various other buildings. Woe unto you if you actually fired a round into the barrel, weapons were supposed to have magazine inserted, but the chamber clear. Still an old habit with me; I almost always carry the same way even now, loaded, chamber clear.
    Attachment 168034
    I'm guessing it takes one HELL of a clearing barrel to do a Pershing missile...
    Rockymonster likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I recall seeing one at an outpost in Central America that consisted of stacked truck tires and backfilled with sand. Not fancy but would do the job.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified
    Active Fraternal Order of Police member
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I've seen these at almost every indoor range I've been a member of, and there was one outside my office door when I worked for the DOE in NV. OP, I bet you've passed by a lot of these that didn't have big signs on them.

Of all places up in Cleveland Ohio at Winthrop Holsters a place I shop at from time to time has one in their show room floor. If you stop the video at 1.06 you can see it as he walks in the door black box setting there. It has the orange or red tape were you put the barrel in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links