Scenario: "That Gun Ain't Loaded!" - Page 9

Scenario: "That Gun Ain't Loaded!"

This is a discussion on Scenario: "That Gun Ain't Loaded!" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shoot until the threat stopped....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Scenario: "That Gun Ain't Loaded!"

Shoot until the threat stopped.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

If the BG has ever seen even a few movies, if you say 'Go ahead, punk, make my day!" should make him rethink his chosen career.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Knife's drawn, verbal statements of desire to kill have been uttered, and the assailant is advancing in complete disregard to a drawn defensive firearm? Pretty simple response, really: use whatever means required by the assailant to immediately eliminate the threat.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Warning shot are for cops and guys who play cops in the movies. 3-4 CM move away from target while assessing the threat from a distance.
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Crumrine View Post
    Is this a trick question?
    That is the funniest thing I've read all day.

And just so there is no misunderstanding (I hope), Gary, I agree with you. Self defensive actions would seem to be in order... quickly.

yeah, 2 to COM....hopefully, thats enough to put him down, if not, I have 14 more rounds from "Big Bertha" to make him rethink his options...

Quote Originally Posted by sevesteen View Post
    If it was the XD and I had both ammo and distance to "waste", it would depend on the exact circumstances. If he isn't too close, I'd be willing to take some extra risk to avoid having to shoot someone. Unless there was a known good backstop in just the right place, racking the slide is more likely than a warning shot to "prove" it is loaded.
    Do you really think that warning shots and/or racking the slide in the middle of an armed, violent encounter are good ideas?

You really should invest in some professional defensive firearm training, for your sake. Tactical Defense Institute would be a great, local place. Not affiliated with TDI, BTW.

i'd shoot'em, when I carry a gun I am -dead- sure that it is loaded with good ammo. The rest of my guns are unloaded to the point that I am anal about them being unloaded and cleaned even when not fired
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

knowing the 21 ft rule I would "neutralize the threat with extreme prejudice

There was a San Diego Police Officer once, back in the days before body armor was not commonly used by police, that responsed to a man with a knife call on a pier in San Diego. He arrived to discover a man with a butcher knife running at civilians, trying to stab them. The officer from about 100 feet away from the guy pulled his duty weapon, a colt .357, and ordered the guy to drop the knife. The bad guy put the knife over his head in a stabbing position and ran full bore at the officer. The officer emptied his weapon into the guy, all rounds center mass, but still ended up getting cut by the knife in the shoulder, because although the guy had died en route, his momentum kept him going enough to reach and cut the officer.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness View Post
    The officer emptied his weapon into the guy, all rounds center mass, but still ended up getting cut by the knife in the shoulder, because although the guy had died en route, his momentum kept him going enough to reach and cut the officer.
    Failure to get off the X?

Screw the warning DRAW AND FIRE !!!!!!!!! End of story (at least his side of it )

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    The officer emptied his weapon into the guy, all rounds center mass, but still ended up getting cut by the knife in the shoulder, because although the guy had died en route, his momentum kept him going enough to reach and cut the officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R View Post
    Failure to get off the X?
    probably that, and probably some fixation on the gun as the solution("when all you have is a hammer...") due to lack of good H2H training...who knows.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Given what I know about the Tueller Drill I would have shot - no question. I think it is crazy to carry a gun that doesn't have one in the pipe and even crazier to fire a warning shot.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links