Left Handed - in the drivers seat. - Page 2

Left Handed - in the drivers seat.

This is a discussion on Left Handed - in the drivers seat. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a lefty too! What I do is take my BUG out of my support side pocket and move it to the left ankle. If ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left Handed - in the drivers seat.

I'm a lefty too!
    What I do is take my BUG out of my support side pocket and move it to the left ankle. If anything happens I figure I can draw the BUG faster while seated behind the wheel than I can get to my "Primary".
    I carry 2 guns all the time I'm not working, On-Duty I am not allowed to carry a BUG.
    I believe everyone should carry at least two guns. I have two hands, so therefore I have two guns to give me more options. In your situation it sounds like you did the right thing by "beating feet" so to speak. Too many people get in to the "Tactical" mode and think they have to bail out of the car to engage the BG, when the safest method is to use the vehicle either as a weapon or to get out of Dodge.

Biker

Distinguished Member
    Glad things turned out good for you. If you don't mind sharing, what city did this happen in? I have been watching Omaha stats, man they have had way more than there share of shootings!! I also am left handed and while traveling I tuck my gun in its holster beside passengers seat-belt clip next to counsel. Just starting to feel like there is no safe place, even in our unpopulated state.

SleepingZ

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Glad things turned out good for you. If you don't mind sharing, what city did this happen in? I have been watching Omaha stats, man they have had way more than there share of shootings!! I also am left handed and while traveling I tuck my gun in its holster beside passengers seat-belt clip next to counsel. Just starting to feel like there is no safe place, even in our unpopulated state.

SleepingZ
    It was on 36th Street in Bellevue (Omaha burb). Bellevue has it's fair share of idiots, but this was in a decent part of the town.

You're right too about Omaha having more and more shootings. Most of them seem to be gang related - usually gangs killing other gang members. Most of the time I'm doing an investigation, it's in a decent part of town, but last week I had to be in an area of Omaha that has had something stupid like 5 shootings there just this past month

Maybe what I'll do is just invest in a little guy and an ankle holster.

How about a twist on this

I have been thinking about this a bit this past week.

I am a Righty, and carry IWB (C-Tac) about 2 o'clock. We have a seatbelt law in SC, so.... With the seatbelt on, there is no way to draw in a hurry or under pressure. Well, SC law states I can carry on my person, in the console, or glovebox. Well, surely you can't get to either of the vehicular carry options and I can't carry in my lap, or in the map pocket, so what's the next option? I have been trying to atleast pull my shirt up beyond the seatbelt to assist in a speedy draw if necessary.

It's too darn hot to wear an overshirt w/ shoulder holster just for driving.........
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

I don't usually carry a BUG, but if I'm going to a questionable place or plan on a long day in the car, I take another sidearm that's right under my leg while driving...I still have my EDC on my right side.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_ocks View Post
    Here's my question: I'm a lefty and I plan on wearing my MTAC holster at about 8 o'clock (seems to disappear best there). Being left handed means that I have to deal with the driver's side door getting in the way as opposed to a right handed person who has open space to his/her right. Anyone here have any experience with this? Am I worrying over nothing? Should I move the gun to a different position while driving?

Buy an old mail jeep or a british vehicle. (Right hand drive)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links