Terrorist killed in Jerusalem's Old City

This is a discussion on Terrorist killed in Jerusalem's Old City within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull Two Israeli security guards were stalked by the terrorist and, as the video shows, he grabbed one of the guard's gun and shot the ...

Thread: Terrorist killed in Jerusalem's Old City

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Two Israeli security guards were stalked by the terrorist and, as the video shows, he grabbed one of the guard's gun and shot the guard. The other guard chased the terrorist down and killed him.

Some of my thoughts when watching the video:

1. What was the situational awareness of the two guards? Were they in condition white the whole time? The video is a compilation made from CCTV cameras throughout the Old City. How long was terrorist following the guards and were they ever aware of him or suspicious of his behavior?

2. Apparently, the terrorist was unable to shoot the guard immediately because the guard was carrying his handgun without a round being chambered. Is this standard practice for guards in Israel? This saved the guard from being shot, but is this a recommended method for carrying a CCW?

3. You can see the pursuing guard immediately take cover and then shoot from cover. His goal appeared to be to neutralize the terrorist and prevent him from killing innocent bystanders. However, people were wounded during the crossfire.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Assistant Administrator
    Seems a lot of con white! Way too much. I would have thought as a pair they'd have techniques for covert checks on being followed.

Yes they carry without one in the pipe usually I believe - not tho what we reckon is best for us for CCW.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    Were they in condition white the whole time?
    +1! Paying attention is especially important if you're open carrying. Walking around oblivious is practically an invitation for a gun grab.

The guy who's gun got grabbed also charged after the the terrorist, trying to go hand to hand get his gun back. Charging unarmed after a guy who just stole your gun isn't too swift. Some sort of backup gun would have been useful in this situation.

JT
    Initial reaction is to question how someone can grow complacent in Jerusalem of all places. However, this does a good job illustrating that a person can grow complacent anywhere, as they get use to their surroundings. A valuable lesson for all of us.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

What a dumb terrorist - trying to make a hit on 2 security guards and not bringing his own weapon to the fight???
    If he had half a brain or had his own gun, with how unaware those guards were all he would have had to do is walk up like he did and blam blam - 2 dead guards.

Links