speed or effectiveness

This is a discussion on speed or effectiveness within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tatonka was my 40oz framer that I made in metal shop in high school. Hammers are increadably effective weapons. One of my friends hucked his ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speed or effectiveness

Tatonka was my 40oz framer that I made in metal shop in high school. Hammers are increadably effective weapons. One of my friends hucked his eastwing off the 2nd floor roof of a house and pinned a rabit to the ground with the claw end. (Never heard a rabit scream before that)

If not a blunt weapon, throw it at them HARD, to give time for getting to gun or pipe/staff/club.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Go with what ou've got unless you are sure that you can replace in time with something better. Also, as opposed to dropping the hammer, I might be inclined to throw it at the BGs head. Might get lucky or at least buy a second.
    Thinking the same thing. I would be inclined to chuck the hammer at him while backing up before I would just drop it. Make him react while adding distance between you and him. In the time it takes him to duck or recover from the hammer strike you can have your gun unholstered and ready to go.

This assumes there is some distance is between you initally.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

when all u got is a hammer everythings a nail

Sorry but had to quote the famed "when all you have is a hammer everything looks like nails" cant remember who to attribute the qoute to but I think its often fitting. Fight whith what you have in hand. Granpa the meat cutter had a 12 inch boning knife under the seat of his car untill the day he died. A man who swings a hammer all day may be very good with a hammer besides it makes for a better story and a better impression on the locals if your the "crazy mofo gonna kill me witch a hammer" save the gun for another surprise

if you're close enough, hit them with whatever you have in your hand. If they're beyond contact range, chuck it at them as you're moving off the X and drawing your firearm.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links