Road Rage Episode IV - Page 2

Road Rage Episode IV

This is a discussion on Road Rage Episode IV within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not to be too critical.............but I would not go to the grocery store three blocks from my house with just one gun, and I live ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to be too critical.............but I would not go to the grocery store three blocks from my house with just one gun, and I live in a quiet small town.

Next, you cannot afford to lose you cool. You managed to escalate the level without any real need.

I have found the situation you describe to be common around construction zones. Better to just back off.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC135
    Not to be too critical.............but I would not go to the grocery store three blocks from my house with just one gun, and I live in a quiet small town.

Next, you cannot afford to lose you cool. You managed to escalate the level without any real need.

I have found the situation you describe to be common around construction zones. Better to just back off.
    I was cursed from birth! Not lucky enough to have incident occur as I was going "to" Bumper's....I had every gun I own in the truck...coulda stood off a small army for days....I'm leaving the country on job-related for about 4 months and didn't want to leave my guns unattended....figured I'd just keep the Kimber til I leave (New Zealand doesn't like handguns).

Having an extractor break has made me think about possibly a revolver for a back-up though!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    I had every gun I own in the truck...coulda stood off a small army for days....
    I got a darned good price on them at the gun show today, too!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SSKC
    Prospector,

My previous post was not intended to be hyper-critical. I realized by your comment in your first post ("yeah, I know, I'm an idiot too") that you were aware of your mistake. My only intent was to reinforce the lesson by having someone on this forum say that it's not cool (a little sting). Trust me, if I had read this on a certain other forum, I would have rolled my eyes, thought it par for the course for those guys, and never said a thing. But the standard is a little higher here, I think. That's why I decided to throw out my two cents.

I am not in any way trying to imply that I am superior, or that I have never had my emotions get the better of me. I do appreciate that you were in a very unpleasant situation. I spent considerable time thinking about what I was going to post, so that I would hopefully make a contribution that would be of value next time one of us meets one of these buffoons on the road, or elsewhere.

So, to sum up:

1. I think you made an error.
    2. The error had an unpleasant result (confrontation).
    3. You handled (2) very well.
    4. My intent was only to reinforce the lesson you already learned (I had this done for my benefit long ago - it worked). I did not mean to :chairshot
    5. Now, can I buy you a beer?

SSKC
    Now can I buy you BOTH a beer?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Cool The last word on hijacking....

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    Not to hijack the thread, but this is exactly why I prefer older HUGE HEAVY vehicles i can pay cash for. A crown victoria is what I drive when I want something easy to park or I am trying to save money on gas. My daily driver is a 3/4 ton van soon to be upgraded to a 1 ton. My wifes driver is a Suburban.
    Completely agree with you, except if I could afford it, I'd have Hummer H2. I drove one of those for 4 hours off road on a special HUMMER CROSS COUNTRY COURSE and it was better than driving H1, which tested for the US Army in the early '80's. I'm waiting for the current crop of big 4x4's to come out with a diesel version before I buy again. I have a family friend who owns a hummer dealership and he tells me that almost all of the big SUV's including H2 & the new H3, Durango, Tahoe are slated to get a diesel version by the 2007 model year.

But THIS is my "Dream Ride" and would be a perfect vehicle for gun owners. http://www.sportsmobile.com/4_4x4sports.html
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

DC Founder
    Funny, Ex, I have been trying to figure out what to buy when I turn in my Jeep Grand Cherokee at the end of the year. I was thinking of a Jeep Liberty but think it might be a bit too small. After research earlier today I settled on my next ride and even obtained approval from the wife. I'm going after a Hummer H3. Smaller than the H2 and $20k less....
    Bumper

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar

Cell Phone

Prospector,

Although I can't see living without a cell phone in this day and age, I'm only 21, and a college student. So, because I'm living in different places at different times of the year, I use my cell as my primary contact point.

That being said, I have a slightly used small Verizon Flip Phone along with the chargers for it (both house and car). I'll send you the phone, and even though it is deactivated, it does work for calling 911 (it's part of the fees the companies charge).

Then again, if it comes down to it, you might be better off with a phone that you've paid for, because some states have gone to numbers other then 911 to report aggressive driving and the like.

Anyway, the offer stands.

Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Now can I buy you BOTH a beer?
    I'm game! Prospector?

Cheers! I've got the next round!

SSKC

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Funny, Ex, I have been trying to figure out what to buy when I turn in my Jeep Grand Cherokee at the end of the year. I was thinking of a Jeep Liberty but think it might be a bit too small. After research earlier today I settled on my next ride and even obtained approval from the wife. I'm going after a Hummer H3. Smaller than the H2 and $20k less....
    A real cowboy rides one of those vicious animals called a horse, dam I am afraid of them let me tell you. But I see your not a real cowboy and just going for a soft ride. Another let down on the forum.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

Well DANG! I am soooo envious! You've just gotta get some pics off-road! OTOH, I doubt very much if this little thang will handly my two pups much less the luggage too! I'm still achin' for that H2 and that's an iffy thing for the pups and luggage. I'll have to sell a script if I want the sportsmobile. ~sigh~

Quote Originally Posted by SSKC
    I'm game! Prospector?

Cheers! I've got the next round!

SSKC

I never turn down a beer with buds....Double cheers !
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    My daily driver is a 3/4 ton van soon to be upgraded to a 1 ton. My wifes driver is a Suburban.
    We drive his and her Suburbans. Ever see Fried Green Tomatoes? Favorite scene is the young lady pulling into a parking place and yelling something about being younger and faster. The little ol' lady then rams her Queen Mary sized car into the younger one's compact and says something about being older and having more insurance.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    OTOH, I doubt very much if this little thang will handly my two pups much less the luggage too! I'm still achin' for that H2 and that's an iffy thing for the pups and luggage. I'll have to sell a script if I want the sportsmobile. ~sigh~
    That "little thang" GVWR of 5850 pounds and a curb weight of 4700. What the heck kind of dogs do you have again, Ex?

Seriously, though, while I am okay with my Grand Cherokee, I want as much steel between me and the other guy as I can buy. The H3, I believe, will provide that, but if not they look like something you really don't want to try to run off the road or get in the way of. More so for the H2 but I can't afford that so an H3 it is. I have noticed that people don't try that "whip in front of you" maneuver when you are in a larger vehicle as often and I bet if Prospector would have been in something bigger, the Honda might have not been so wiggy.
    Bumper

Thumbs up pups

That "little thang" GVWR of 5850 pounds and a curb weight of 4700. What the heck kind of dogs do you have again, Ex?
    Newfoundland's. They weigh about 150 each and I have two. Think BEETHOVEN but all black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links