Defending your vehicle???? - Page 2

Defending your vehicle????

This is a discussion on Defending your vehicle???? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good question, Eric. Thanks for the thread. Originally Posted by havegunjoe I swear the lawyers are ruining this country. Someone is trying to break into ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defending your vehicle????

Good question, Eric. Thanks for the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe
    I swear the lawyers are ruining this country. Someone is trying to break into your car, (a felony), and there are people on this site that would just turn around, do nothing, and leave to call the police????? In most cases this is the second most expensive possession you own, your home being first. If you came out and found someone rapeing your wife would you walk away and call 911? Just be a good witness? Where is the line drawn where you protect what is yours?...
    Yes, there are people on this board who would obey the laws regarding defense of personal property. Those who carry tend to be more law-abiding than most, not less. Whether or not you can use lethal force to protect your personal property depends on the laws where you live. In Virginia, I can't use lethal force to protect personal property. Theft of a possession and violent assault of a person can't be compared. The law, here, does not provide for the use of lethal force to prevent a theft; it does allow for the use of lethal force to stop a violent attack where a person's life is threatened. That is the line, where I live.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    In Ky, the law states that you are allowed to use force for defense you and other people, not posessions. Having said that, if the circumstances were right, I would not hesitate to shoot my own tires. They are a bargain compared to the mahem this bg is likely to cause, much less the hassle of replacing my vehicle. A vehicle with a flat or two is not going to be very desireable to a BG. Besides they will likely think that you are shooting at them and hit the dirt or head for the hills. LOL

Rule of competing harms??
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    In Ky, the law states that you are allowed to use force for defense you and other people, not posessions. Having said that, if the circumstances were right, I would not hesitate to shoot my own tires. They are a bargain compared to the mahem this bg is likely to cause, much less the hassle of replacing my vehicle. A vehicle with a flat or two is not going to be very desireable to a BG. Besides they will likely think that you are shooting at them and hit the dirt or head for the hills. LOL
    I agree that the BG will likley cease if the car had a flat tire or two. However, in VA if you shoot without it being in defense of your life of the life of another you will be charged with brandishing, and shooting in the streets. Not to mention whatever else the Commonwealths Attorney for your county can tack on. I can come up with a few more just off the top of my head. If the BG "believes" you were shooting at him that is the test for a few other charges as well.

Maybe you should carry a good sized knife so you could cut down your tires versus shooting them? Go to the side opposite the side the BG is on and take one out and then say, "Hey man you know you have a flat over here?"

-Scott-

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I'd bet that if you shot out your own tires to prevent the BG from stealing your vech. he could make you pay all his medical bills for all the therpy that he had to go through for the mental trauma that you knowingly and willingly cast apon him. That would be AFTER you got out of jail.----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links