Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do??

This is a discussion on Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bandit383 I think she used poor judgement...but we know poor judgement is not a crime. The poor judgment may not be a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do??

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I think she used poor judgement...but we know poor judgement is not a crime.

The poor judgment may not be a crime;
    but what it causes you to DO may very well be.

You can say there's a distinction, but can't really say there's a difference.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    It is good to know that it is simple to identify what is a bomb and what is not.
    You are over reacting a hair don't you think? It is a common breadboard with a few leds on it. If there are any other components that would make it a bomb they are very well hidden.

The police did well to inverstigate but at that point they should have sent her home.

The fact that the bail was only $750 pretty much shows that the so called threat is not being taken very seriously by the authorities.

Look at what happened with those jerks who put those LED boxes on highway overpasses and whatnot, trying to advertise "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

It seems that Massachusetts is home base for idiots...

This girl got into MIT? What was it, "everyone gets a trophy day"? They ran out of trophies and started giving college acceptances?

There is a big difference between a suicide bomber and a hijacker. I have not seen a pic of this so called "art" yet. However if I were standing in line in an airport that I was legal to carry in, and this gal came close to my wife, if I had a clean shot, this "artist" would now be dead!

Now again...I've not seen a pic of this "bomb" so maybe it was pretty stupid looking. However if it looked anything like real to me I would have done anything in my power to take her out! To me the threat was there. The cops must have thought so too. Sounds to me that had she even twitched she'd been swiss cheese! This is not too different than the 21 feet rule when dealing with a knife.

You guys do realize that it's only a matter of time before America is dealing with suicide bombers. It is obvous by some respnses here that we're not prepared for this. I assure you that if during the past week there had been a few of these attacks in our country the responses of this thread would have far different. I agree, had this had happened in Isreal she would be dead now!

God bless!

I think perception of this depends how technological a person is. While one person may think of her as wearing a fake bomb, I see it as a very elementary circuit board with lights. And due to the writing on her shirt referring to her major in electronics, I think it was a joke shirt. If it were a fake bomb, it would have to include some type of fake explosive.

I guess to answer your question... I would have said - nice shirt! and walked by...
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Larryes View Post
    You guys do realize that it's only a matter of time before America is dealing with suicide bombers. It is obvous by some respnses here that we're not prepared for this. I assure you that if during the past week there had been a few of these attacks in our country the responses of this thread would have far different. I agree, had this had happened in Isreal she would be dead now!

God bless!
    I guess you're right. I think that most people might realize the inevitability, but just don't want to even think about it, for now. (That is, by the way, a mistake, in my view. Problems don't go away just because you ignore them.)

I have to wonder, will the first (few?) suicide bombings in the U.S. change the mainstream way of thinking about CCW? I mean, in Israel, people carry and HAVE STOPPED would-be suicide bombers. Maybe bombers showing up here would put the pressure on to have CCW become far more universally accepted--even expected.

I don't mean to say that we should want the bombings to happen so as to provide a watershed moment for CCW--not at all. I'm asking more from the standpoint of wondering whether the anti-gunners would wake up even then. And I'm also wondering whether it really won't happen until something so dire comes to pass.

VIP Member

And you would be charged

Quote Originally Posted by Larryes View Post
    There is a big difference between a suicide bomber and a hijacker. I have not seen a pic of this so called "art" yet. However if I were standing in line in an airport that I was legal to carry in, and this gal came close to my wife, if I had a clean shot, this "artist" would now be dead!

God bless!
    And you would be charged.

VIP Member
    In the context of her major in electronics and the wording on her T shirt related to that, the circuit board was just a cutsy addition to her attire. We can't have thoughtless airport security freaking at such minor stuff. Never mind if they shot her; would these idiots really let loose with a machine gun volley near a crowded ticket counter? How many total innocents would have been killeed or injured for nothing. Their statements on TV indicate serious problems with their thinking about use of force.

The wrong here isn't this young lady's attire. It is an over the top hysterical reaction that endangered everyone nearby. Airport security needs retraining in justifiable use of deadly force. And I think they need some retraining in what probable cause is. SHe was charged with distrubing the peace. I submit that it was security that disturbed the peace and also committed much more serious violations.

I have a feeling that in a day or two the charges will be dropped and everything will go away; but that is because the girl is "mellow." Someone with more moxy would take everyone from the Logan airport authority to individual officers to the legal cleaner.

There is no justification for such a level of dumb.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I guess you're right. I think that most people might realize the inevitability, but just don't want to even think about it, for now. (That is, by the way, a mistake, in my view. Problems don't go away just because you ignore them.)

I have to wonder, will the first (few?) suicide bombings in the U.S. change the mainstream way of thinking about CCW? I mean, in Israel, people carry and HAVE STOPPED would-be suicide bombers. Maybe bombers showing up here would put the pressure on to have CCW become far more universally accepted--even expected.
    Seems it has already happened with the WTC and the towers. Yet we still see the denial of many that we are in a conflict with terrorists in the middle east.
    It seems obvious (to me) that no matter what , terrorists seek to harm US citizens.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Wiring up your clothes and gown was a common graduation practice for the electrical engineering students about 20 years ago.

Although based on what I saw 20 years ago, I am surprised at the crudeness of her display.

I am also suprised that they are describing it as a fake bomb.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Seems it has already happened with the WTC and the towers. Yet we still see the denial of many that we are in a conflict with terrorists in the middle east.
    It seems obvious (to me) that no matter what , terrorists seek to harm US citizens.
    Agree that terrorists seek to harm US citizens...but the reason we are in MEast is not terrorists or terrorism. One only has to study the history of the MEast to understand why.

Rick

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I think this does fit in the broad category of 'fake bomb'...

She was wearing a long sleeved, hooded sweatshirt (good cover garment). She had both hands full of plastic explosive (play-doh). She had wires and electronic circuitry attached to her body.

This would be a fake bomb in any public place, especially an airport. Look at her picture... her appearance says "I need to provoke your attention."

What better way to get attention than parading around with a fake bomb at the airport.

It's not art.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Paging Darwin, paging Mr Darwin, a new candiate for your award at gate 7.

They should find the biggest meanest female Homeland security officer, give her a pair of gloves and carry out a proper body search to ensure no other contraband.

VIP Member
    They are calling it a fake bomb because airport security had a big collective panic attack, made fools of themselves, and don't have the human decency to apologize. So it is a fake bomb, and the young lady disturbed "their" peace.

Folks, this has nothing to do with preparing ourselves for terrorism, or protecting ourselves from terrorism. On the contrary, incidents like this show a peculiar lack of sound preparation, a poor quality of training, and a disrespect for the fundamentals of our laws and our freedoms by those who appeared on TV to present the airport's side of things.

And as for those who think she would have been shot if this happened at Ben Gurion, I doubt it. Before she entered the building, she would have been scrutinized. And someone smart, would have figured out that she was a double E major advertising her interest in electronics; in a youthful and artsy way. Then, there would have been no incident whatsoever.

Several points here

1. With a hair style like that she did not need a device to attract attention, she must work for bad hair day Inc.
    2. Oh come on... a 9V battery powering a few green LED's on a bread board, any moron with more than a 6th grade education can figure out that was no bomb.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links