Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do?? - Page 4

Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do??

This is a discussion on Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard We all should know very well that the use of deadly force requires certain well defined anticedants. Means, and intent. And ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Women Walks into Logan Airport with Fake Bomb, What would you do??

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    We all should know very well that the use of deadly force requires certain well defined anticedants. Means, and intent. And that doesn't mean, "I thought they had the means." And it doesn't mean I thought they had the intent. Raw fear doesn't count-- or at least that is the law where I live.
    Actually, as I understand the law here in Texas is that you must have a reasonable belief that they have the means and intent. If I am aiming a weapon at you, you do not have to wait for me to shoot you. My weapon may not be loaded (therefore I don't have the means to shoot you) or I may just want to scare you ( I don't have the intent to harm you.) But my aiming my weapon at you at midnight outside Wal-mart creates a reasonable belief that I do have the means and intent that you would be justified in defending yourself. The only way to know for a fact what bad guys means and intent are is to let them carry out their deeds unmolested and see what the conclusion is.

In any tactical/dangerous situation, one must remain vigilant and ready for anything. Like I said a thousand times. No one knows what the intentions of others are 100% of the time. At the same time, before you do somthing, you should ask yourself. Can my fashion wear be thought of as a bomb or weapon? If the answer is negotiable, you shouldn't wear it unless you want to be nominated for the Darwin Awards. If you are thoughtless, arrogant, or even stupid, then no one has the obligation of giving you the benefit of the doubt. How can you wear wires and circuits on top of heavy clothing and then EXPECT everyone else to look away or not care. How can you put others in a situation where they feel threatened, just because you want to express yourself? What if I decided to point an Airsoft pistol at this particular female in question and told her I would shoot. Could I argue the fact that I was merely expressing myself in reguards to her attire? Things like this are one way streets. ^%&$ her, and the horse she rode in on. Aressted, shot, beaten, whatever. She caused it herself because she didn't value anyone elses right to self preservation. If you feel that you don't agree with what I'm saying, ask yourself these questions. How would you like to be sitting next to a guy in ragged clothes that happened to be holding a gun. Would you assume that it was a fake, and unloaded firearm? The only person that knows what it really is, happens to be the schmuck with the "gun." So why does he have the right to have you guessing, and possibly gambling with your life just to express himself or prove a point? I feel that I'm preaching to the choir but I am actually addressing one or two posters. As for you one or two, your losing this argument, simply due to the fact that all of your justifications and opinions are based soley on emotion and assumptions. If this were a perfect world I would be more then happy to agree with you. However, if you can not tell that this world isn't perfect, I am doing nothing more then punching keys around. So with that, I leave you to ponder my questions.

p.s. I can't wait to see your responses, and self-righteous justifications.

Quote Originally Posted by P991911 View Post
    So with that, I leave you to ponder my questions.

p.s. I can't wait to see your responses, and self-righteous justifications.
    It has been said that armed society is polite society; there is reasoned discourse among those of differing opinion. The above is a bit on the far side of rude and tactless. I am rather abrasive, myself, and in general, I do agree with you, however...

Well Rob, when you know you are right, you have to take a side. That phrase can start a whole thread itself. You have the right to an opinion. However, have I made any incorrect statements? I have based my opinions on logic and personal experience. Call me tactless all day long, or even rude, but when somone keeps ranting and chooses to not address your previous points, and substitutes credible responses with more BS, you have the right to raise the BS flag. In this case I just flew it a little higher than most. Differences of opinion are about apples or oranges, chocolate or caramel, not whether or not the sky is blue, or if the sun is hot. Also, I never told anyone that they must agree with me. I merely wrote out what they have already been doing. See for yourself, read some of the previous posts.
    Last edited by P991911; September 24th, 2007 at 08:41 PM.

It looks like common sense struck out again. Heres a higher educated student who doesn't seem to git it. The whole it's art thing is a sham. What did she think the airport security was going to do. I think all she wanted to do was make the news.

Lead Moderator
    I think all that needs to be said has, if not too much. Before this becomes personal I am closing it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links