SCARY! - this was for real. - Page 2

SCARY! - this was for real.

This is a discussion on SCARY! - this was for real. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bumper Personally, if I were King he would not see the light of day, nor the inside of a jail cell, either. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCARY! - this was for real.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Personally, if I were King he would not see the light of day, nor the inside of a jail cell, either.

But, that's just me!
    I was being liberal!! :outtahere
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Exclamation Orange Alert

Quote Originally Posted by tex45acp
    When you flashed yours to get them to dim theirs, they would u-turn behind you and follow you to a stoplight or stop sign. They would then run up to the car from behind, drag you out and beat you senseless or actually shoot some victims and steal their car. It happened to several people. When caught, the gang members said it was a type of initiation into the gangs heiarchy. Have'nt heard much about it in a number of years.
    See, it's just one of my condition yellow quirks that whenever I flash my lights at some hi-beam bozo, I ALWAYS CHECK MY "SIX" immediately thereafter. If somebody were to pull a u-turn after that kind of event I'd go to condition ORANGE instantly, which is to say I start thinking "tactically" until I can verify the nature (or not) of a possible threat. But that's just me.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

In most instances, involving auto scenarios, I say 'floor it'. Someone runs up to your car at a stoplight, punch it, and turn right. You may wreck, you may not. If not, then you are safe, and even if you do, I find it hard to believe that someone will run out into the traffic with a crowd gathering to try again.
    In the scenario listed, the victim had started his car. Had he floored it he would not likely have been shot five times, if at all. If someone behind him had hit the gas, he would have bumped the car forward, and out of the kill zone. Even better; if someone behind the shooter had rammed him, then it would have ruined his lane of fire, and maybe pushed him into an accident. You just better be ready for him to turn and attack you in that case.
    Let us not forget that cars are weapons, too.
    "You are what you do when it counts."
    "The secret to long life...is gunsights!"
    Bloodletting

Exclamation Getting OUT of the KZ!

I ALWAYS leave enough room behind the vehicle in front of me to see the rear wheels. If you can see the rear wheels you've got room to manuever around that vehicle in an emergency. It is also a very good reason to own an SUV especially one with 4x4. A tall city curb can stop a Geo, or Nissan Sentra or any of those cute little cars that are SO good on mileage....COLD. In a hostile encounter they can get you killed. A truck/SUV 4x4 has the ground clearance to jump curbs and the sheer muscle to push obstacles out of the way.

Although I have to rather sheepishly admit to currently owning a Kia Sedona minivan, I've always been a truck person and adept (thanks to the US Army) at off roading. So I know the emergency limits of the minivan.

But my next vehicle is going to be a 4x4 and I plan on getting both the front and rear bumpers reinforced...just in case. Heck with that "crumple zone" if I hit somebody either by accident or design, I want to crumple them.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

yep...Ive gotta crew cab Fontier and the wife has an Xterra..both on 32's...roll over any curbs or what not.
    Brad B.

Question Xterra?

Quote Originally Posted by AZG23
    yep...Ive gotta crew cab Fontier and the wife has an Xterra..both on 32's...roll over any curbs or what not.
    How do you like the Xterra? Is it big enough to transport two large dogs (think Saint Bernard) AND luggage for two adults? Is it capable of towing a small trailer? How is the gas mileage? Is it true 4x4 or merely All wheel Drive? Do the differentials lock? I'm seriously looking at this or perhaps PATHFINDER 4x4 or if I can squeak out the $$$ maybe H3 or if I get a real windfall the LR3 from Land Rover, which has max 90 cubic feet of cargo space. That's a lot for a vehicle that looks pretty small.

We like it alot...it shoukd be large enough for that, but you should check it out for yourself to be sure....we have 2 kids and just took a trip...it packed all luggage for all us and extras as well all into the cargo area. As for the 4wd.....ours are 2wd...and I go out wheelin all the time...I havent got stuck yet...but I dont rock crawl either, its mainly desert/camping/shooting, etc....of course tires help...so would a locker...but thats more $$$$. The 2000-2004 Xterras are shifter 4wd's with auto hubs...not the best set up but better than push button 4wd. Im not sure of the new ones. And its not a factory option for lockers..although there are aftermarket ones available that can be installed. Gas mileage is about 18...its a 3.3l V6....and can tow 5000lbs with the auto, 3000lbs with the manual. Again, not sure of all the specs for the new ones...I know they are 265 horsepower though. I like the X alot...so does the Mrs.and it gets her up off the gound and allows for such types of voidance manuevers and camping and such as well. Sorry for the side subject matter.back to our regularly scheduled program......if you want more info on the X...e-mail me...Ill get you some sites on its possibilities....
    Brad B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links