Scenario - At the Mall Restroom - Page 2

Scenario - At the Mall Restroom

This is a discussion on Scenario - At the Mall Restroom within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it a really nice gun? Am I already ready to leave? If it's a Wilson Combat or a Les Baer TR, I pick it ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scenario - At the Mall Restroom

Is it a really nice gun? Am I already ready to leave? If it's a Wilson Combat or a Les Baer TR, I pick it up, and run like hell!

Just kidding!
    I would pick it up and clear and unload it. Then I would ask the other person if they were a LEO or CCW holder. If they are and can show ID, I would return their unloaded pistol and the magazine. If they cannot ID to my satisfaction I will take the gun, asking them to go with me if they like, and go immediately find a security or mall management representative, giving them the gun and letting them deal with it.

To avoid this happening to me, since I carry IWB, I unholster, hold the pistol and drop trousers, then take a seat and place pistol inside left leg of trousers (since I am right handed). It is hidden from view even if someone is trying to look under the stall, it is readily accessible, it is secure! Just reverse process once you are finished. DO NOT set it on the receptacle (most public toilets have no tanks and the ones that do are not stable platforms. DO NOT hang on coat hook; thieves often reach over to steal coats, it is more accessible to them than it is to you as you sit there, plus it is dangerous when you go to retrieve pistol which is hanging by the triggerguard!

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    A GOOD quality holster won't let the gun fall out!

I've had this happen to me back when I CCW'd in a $12 leather holster.

Try one of Gary Brommeland's holsters or other top mfr and I guarantee that this can't happen!
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Kick it back!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I can't believe we have evolved into talking about this on a gun forum..
    Sounds more like it should be on South Park, or what ever that goofy show is..
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I take my gun out first, drop the drawers, then put the gun in the drawers. Can't be seen by others, and still accessible to me. Mandatory to grab the gun before hiking them back up, so you can't leave it behind either.
    i thhought i was the only guy who did that!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Kick it back!
    At first i thought i'd do this too, but i had to remember i don't know who this is in the other stall. He might be some psycho in the bathroom loading up.

I would unload the pistol and finish my business. Afterwards i'd give the gun back only when the other guy showed me a CCW from any state. Washington might not recognize reciprocity, but i do. If he didn't have one, he could show me he was wearing a OC holster.

If he has neither, i have two guns now. I'd probably call the police next.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post

Well, those of us that lived through similar scenario now think it is funny as hell... not so funny when it happened though.

I dropped gun (went on the left side of the toilet but did not make it into the next stall), wallet (went on the next stall) and cell phone...don't ask.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

LOL. never dropped gun. I was with my uncle who was 70 or so at a wallmart. We were in line for checkout. He unknowingly dropped his Stub38. I seen it immediatly and grabbed it. The cashier is greeting him and Im trying to give him his gun back. bad situation.

+5 I put gun on pants too. easiest.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    I agree, but if we close the thread, people will just accuse us of stifling free speech. Better to let the thread die a natural death on its own...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by ExSniper View Post
    I would pick it up and clear and unload it. Then I would ask the other person if they were a LEO or CCW holder. If they are and can show ID, I would return their unloaded pistol and the magazine. If they cannot ID to my satisfaction I will take the gun, asking them to go with me if they like, and go immediately find a security or mall management representative, giving them the gun and letting them deal with it.
    This is pretty much what I would do. Unload, try to identify, etc. I would most likely have my own weapon on me as well. Although I make it a point not to go #2 in public. At work I take my pistol out and set it on the counter. It is a one person bathroom that I can lock.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

What would you do if you were the guy in the other stall? Your sitting there taking a number 2 and a gun clatters to the floor and skids to a stop next to your foot. I'd like to point out you have no idea who is in the next stall.
    Humm....................... say "thank you"? or maybe "may I see your CWL or Badge now"?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    "Is it a really nice gun? Am I already ready to leave? If it's a Wilson Combat or a Les Baer TR, I pick it up, and run like hell!"

Darn, Sniper, you stole my line!!

So I am on the can when a gun falls and slides under the stall...

I pick it up, clear it and ask for him to please slide Permit or LEO ID under as well. He can have it back when I am finished if legit, possibly dissasembled.

When I am on the can in a stall I let the pants "roll in" so that the gun rests in the crotch of the pants. Alternatively I will slide my underwear over the protruding section of the gun (I carry IWB) so it cannot be seen. If I am using a smartcarry I simply hike it up to chest level.

To the person wondering if this is a viable topic...It very much is. This is a discussion on how to secure your weapon in public without causing a scene. Very much like any discussion about OWB v. IWB, etc. That is what we are here for to share info with each other and try to help out and give advice from common experience.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I think I may slide it back over and say "sorry I don't like That kind, if you want to send over a (insert gun you want), i'll be happy to take it."

"next time be more careful"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links