Scenario - At the Mall Restroom

This is a discussion on Scenario - At the Mall Restroom within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; " Oh, I thought I dropped mine... Here ya go" give it a little kick......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scenario - At the Mall Restroom

" Oh, I thought I dropped mine... Here ya go"
    give it a little kick...
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

2. Remove Ads

I would NOT touch the firearm...until someone spoke up and inquired! Then I may slide it back, if asked to do so. I'm not going to be asking for a permit...none of my business!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There are some good answers here..also alot of silly answers too. Hopefully good judgement will prevail if put into this situation.

Not touch it and tell him he can retrieve it after I leave the stall. Possibly give it a push with my foot but under no circumstances touch it with skin.

Include some joke about "Not being into guys but his lifestyle is not my concern so please keep it in his pants unless asked or in an emergency situation."

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I wear Depends,I do not need a public restroom.

Distinguished Member
    Would kick it to the opposite side of my stall, finish my business, then see if he really likes that gun, and is brave enough to come in the stall after I have been in there to get his gun.

Z

So many people here would kick a possibly loaded gun back to a stranger who just dropped it?
    One, he is inept in handling a firearm so you are at risk.
    Two, how do you know he did not drop it while preparing to confront you with it as you left your stall?
    Three, if he is a ccw holder or LEO he will probably speak up as soon as it goes skittering across the floor, if not what is wrong with asking him?
    Four, if he has gangbanger friends (as some here have suggested) I now have my gun and his gun. Why would I want to give him his gun back?
    Five, if I take the firearm to security or a LEO in the store, he can go with me and get it back. Hopefully the embarrassment will help him be more cautious.
    Six, I am strongly opposed to kicking nice firearms around on the bathroom floor.

personally, I wouldn't touch it as I don't want my prints/DNA on it. I might push it further away from him with my foot. then leave as quickly as possible. trying to avoid a confrontation.

I also don't want to be in possession of a gun that I don't know the history of. is it stolen, used in a crime......and I walk out the door and there is LEO and I've got this gun!!!!!!

Also what gives me the right to keep someone else's property? isn't that theft?

Pee on it!

That will teach him not to drop it in a stall...J/K
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    I guess i'd kick it around to the next stall or further down the pisser to see how others reacted, after sticking some toilet paper in the breech with about 8or 9 squares trailing. J/k. Don't know, might ask him to show me license and not give it back unless he does? Not sure?

I'd try to discourage him from reaching into my stall, but I wouldn't use force or pick up his gun. Probably say something like

"Embarrassing, isn't it? I haven't dropped mine in a bathroom, but I dropped it at the gas station, had to climb under my car to get it back. I threw that holster out when I got home. Give me a sec to finish up, I'll get out of your way."

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    What would you do if this happened to you? I think you are just asking for a confrontation with this strategy. I would be "perturbed" if I dropped my gun and someone wouldn't give it back to me. I might even beat you to the punch by calling LE and accusing you of trying to steal my gun. If you are armed you may be in big trouble.
    Frankly, I think the only response is to slide it back over without much if any comment.
    If I was dumb enough to drop my gun under the neighboring stall I have earned any questions directed at me.

Any moron who cannot secure his firearm and lets it slide across the floor of a public restroom deserves any tongue lashing he recieves as well as to be questioned about his legal authority to carry. If the moron wants to call LE let him. He can explain to the officer why I have his (now empty and likely dissassembled) gun. Let him explain exactly why the thing fell to the floor and left his control. Let him explain how anyone from a 12 year old kid to Son of Sam could have been in the next stall where that gun showed up. I would LOVE to be present for such a conversation.

I think I am perfectly justified in giving him pieces back since if he is dumb enough not to control his weapon I would rather he not have it assembled and loaded until I leave the area with my family.

Since I wouldn't want to hand someone I do not know a loaded firearm and I do not want to touch his weapon to clear it I would acknowledge the drop and let him know that when I am done he is welcome to go in and retrieve his sidearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    What would you do if this happened to you? I think you are just asking for a confrontation with this strategy. I would be "perturbed" if I dropped my gun and someone wouldn't give it back to me. I might even beat you to the punch by calling LE and accusing you of trying to steal my gun. If you are armed you may be in big trouble.
    Frankly, I think the only response is to slide it back over without much if any comment.
    + 1
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Hey,
    I am the member who first told this story. This really happened to my best friend who was a LA County Deputy. Sounds funny now but at the time it was a very serious issue as his CO would have really looked down on getting a phone call like this about one of his deputies. I suppose if it was me I would probably not say anything and wait to hear the other guys response, while finishing my business as fast as I can. If I hear Ghetto talk coming from that stall I;m gone!!! Btw the correct term for the gun in underwear is the " underwear hammock" lol!!!!
    See Ya
    Kevin/NCHornet
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links