Scenario - At the Mall Restroom

This is a discussion on Scenario - At the Mall Restroom within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExSniper Just kidding! I would pick it up and clear and unload it. Then I would ask the other person if they ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scenario - At the Mall Restroom

Quote Originally Posted by ExSniper View Post
    Just kidding!
    I would pick it up and clear and unload it. Then I would ask the other person if they were a LEO or CCW holder. If they are and can show ID, I would return their unloaded pistol and the magazine. If they cannot ID to my satisfaction I will take the gun, asking them to go with me if they like, and go immediately find a security or mall management representative, giving them the gun and letting them deal with it.

To avoid this happening to me, since
    If they are neither, you may want to also hope they arent carrying a BUG :P

2. Remove Ads

I'd feel confident that a criminal doesn't bother with bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    If they are neither, you may want to also hope they arent carrying a BUG :P
    I have my gun and his gun, he is stoooooopid enough to drop his, I am not very worried about his BUG!

Ok... If YOU dropped your gun and it skidded into the next stall.... Wouldn't your hand be darting under to retrieve it just as soon as it hit the floor?

I'm assuming that if a gun comes skidding into my stall... there's gonna be a hand close behind trying to retrieve it and I'm gonna let them retrieve it themself. I may nudge it closer to them with my foot so their whole body doesn't have to come under.

Speaking of which, if their whole body does come under to retrieve it, they'll probably be looking down the barrel of my gun when they look up at me!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Be careful of those with a "wide stance"!

HaHaHaHa
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Say "Thanks, but I've already got my own!"
    This answer seems to fill the bill. It tends to take the edge off a very embarrassing moment. This could be you who dropped the gun and a little sense of humor goes a long way. If you were to drop the guys gun in the toilet that wouldn't Be very nice.

How about this for a thought...

The gun dropped by the guy in the other stall belongs to another member of this forum.

Why do we equate a dropped gun in a stall with a gangbanger or criminal?

Are we all that infallible?

Despite our best efforts, "stuff" happens...not often, not everytime....but like AD/NDs, it isn't a matter of IF, but WHEN.

Just my 2 cents.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Ok I've been watching this from it's start. I gotta add this:
    If you yourself, somehow - unexpected sneeze or whatever, dropped yours and it slid into the adjoining stall - how would you appreciate and hope the other occupant would react?
    I don't think ANYONE would like the idea of them putting it in the toilet.

Don't think it'll never happen to you - a mistake, boo boo or whatever can and does happen to even the most careful of us.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If it were my gun I would groan loudly and say...

"Oh god that hurt - I'm never eating one of those again!"

You could not have said that better! Thats great.

I wouldn't think much of it.....stuff happens. I would probably nudge it back towards them with my foot and make a joke of it.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; October 23rd, 2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Edit Language Workaround
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

I will just bet that everyone who has read this thread will make sure their gun is "secured" next time a public stall is involved! I for one know that I will be very aware!

VIP Member
    Fun topic, it is enough to make you think.

Honestly, if you answered that you'd demand to see ID, I fear you're one of those people that think a CCW puts you into the LEO world. It isn't your place or your right to demand identification from anyone. If you then decide to leave the bathroom with the gun, you've just stolen it. But, if that is what you have to do to feel OK about the situation, then I suppose that is what you have to do.

The only answer that really stuck out to me was saying you'd give it back disassembled. Sorry, but if I were to ever drop my weapon and then someone reached for it, I'd be pretty worried about the situation. If you handed it back to me in pieces you probably just started a fist fight. Taking that liberty with someone's firearm like that is uncalled for. Unless you can say you've never made a mistake, that is way over the line.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I would like to say i'd just give it back, slide it back under the stall. But i had to question what if this some guy who's going to shoot up the mall? I have no way of knowing, and i do i really want to just hand him the gun back?

So demanding to see a CCW lets me know for certain that the person is a card carrying good guy. Or he has a OWB holster, since criminals traditionally don't bother with holsters. He may be pissed off that i demanded to see his identification, but it was the only way to know for sure. I cannot simply trust an unknown individual (As much as i would like too) and my own safety is more important than his privacy. I guess i am selfish like that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links