Maglite vs. gun - Page 3

Maglite vs. gun

This is a discussion on Maglite vs. gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Take on someone with a Maglite... that is obviously coming from someone who has no idea what a real-life criminal encounter is like. People get ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maglite vs. gun

Take on someone with a Maglite... that is obviously coming from someone who has no idea what a real-life criminal encounter is like. People get ideas in their head about what facing a bad guy would be like, and I think it is partly imagination and partly stuff they have seen in the movies. I know, because I used to think like that. Since I started carrying, I have educated myself since. I have read many first-hand stories of encounters, and they are nothing like what you see in the movies. It is quicky, bloody, and dirty, and it never goes down like you think it will. Heck, just watch a few videos on YouTube, CourtTV, or Cops and you will see that anything can happen in the blink of an eye. I saw a video of a cop who tried to disarm a bad guy and almost got shot. The cop ended up being kidnapped.

Things happen so fast, there is no way you can defeat a bad guy who is psyched up on adrenaline and/or drugs, except by being prepared and being a fast and accurate shot. Even then you might get shot or cut. Guns are not a 100% guarantee, they are just an equalizer. They give you an equal chance - they are not a 'get out of robbery free' card. You don't just wave a gun and the bad guy meekly submits. When you draw your gun, the odds equalize and may even tilt in your favor, but you are still not in the clear. Be careful and be alert, people. Practice, practice, practice, and never let your guard down. Don't take any chances. And don't think a Mag-lite is going to save you.

I've got a 6D next to the bed. Good thing I don't live in California. I hear hi-cap mags are banned there.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

VIP Member
    Yea, a Maglite is a flashlite and a handgun is a firearm...the two should not be confused in a defensive gunfight,..would be bad....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links