A Friends Violent Boyfriend - Page 2

A Friends Violent Boyfriend

This is a discussion on A Friends Violent Boyfriend within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Along with a paper trail as wide and deep as the Hudson, I would think that locks changed or move made would be instrumental in ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Friends Violent Boyfriend

lock & move

Along with a paper trail as wide and deep as the Hudson, I would think that locks changed or move made would be instrumental in your justifiable homicide defense. Even with (if you have) a castle doctrine, the grand jury has to be convinced.
    H@H

Keep in mind that, in this scenario, the person in question is sub-leasing the apartment. I would hope that he and the person that he is sub-leasing from have a formal, written agreement in place. Otherwise he may have a tough time proving that he had a right to be there.

Brian

Four on one, at night, in my home? Assuming I awakened quickly enough to matter, they'd either be going meek and prone very quickly, else they'd be answering for quite a lot. At 3am with four thugs in my home, it doesn't matter where they got the key.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    pump the 12ga loudly. they will leave.

And if they don't, you know they mean business and it is safe to assume that you should begin shooting.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I dont ignore threats to me or my family. That is not only the first mistake , but the defining point that paints one as a victom to lead to the scenario described . Not to even speak of changing locks , and other common sense precautions . Bullys will Bully if they can get away with it . You are responsible for your and your family's security , and with that in mind the entire OP is somewhat comical to me .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Three guys in my home in the middle of the night to harm me. Hmmmmmm. I think it would go like this.

Bang Bang, Bang Bang, Bang Bang.

you are a very lucky man, to have not had anything happen to you.

i wouldnt put much stock in luck, myself. i tend to err more on the side of most other posts here, where i add considerable lead to my side of the scales, in hopes of tipping my and mine's survival rate way, way, way into my favor.

these sheetheads will now find it easier and easier to get away with terror related activities until some innocent gets hurt or killed. :(

im saddened you let them eventually let someone else suffer.

I think I would grab my gun, and pull the trigger several times.

Then call 911 and my lawyer.
    Support Maryland Shall Issue
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Maryland Shooters,
    Visit http://www.mdshooters.com/

Rule #1 when moving into any rental (home or business) is to CHANGE THE LOCKS. Have the property re-keyed. You will also likely have to give the property manager a new key to comply with your lease.

You do NOT need for your new locks to work with the old MASTER key. In fact, avoid this. I knew the security director for a large apartment complex. He worked part time and hadn't worked for the complex for the previous year. But he still had a copy of his master key which would still open ANY of the complex's doors. Of course, this was incredibly negligent of the property management to allow this to happen, but it does. Consider that they would have had to re-key over 300 units. Obviously they preferred to pretend that this situation didn't exist than bear that expense.

A little trick is to put a plastic bag of aluminum cans against the door. Impossible to open the door without making noise. Very reusable, costs nothing, provides incentive to make the cans empty. Might want to rinse them out or the beer will smell...

As previously commented, given the circumstances, "Deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    BANG!!!!!

I need to restate my previous comment. I would have done what was necessary to stop the threat! In this case if he failed to leave immediately upon my order to do so (he would have had about 1.2 seconds to leave the apartment), I would have shot to stop the threat(s).

See I haven't forgot everything that was forced down my throat last week at the CCW class.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    You're sub leasing an apartment from a friend of yours. Her boyfriend is known to be a violent person and has threatened to physically harm you and your significant other multiple times.
    I am having a hard time getting my head wrapped around that part. I may walk away from threats in public. No one ever gets to threaten my wife or kids not ever. Not anywhere Never ever. Not acceptable. I can not imagine anyone threatening me in my home. They would only do it once and they would never ever come back. If they were able to leave the first time, my dogs pretty much know when I do not like someone. I would order them to leave, that they are trespassing and they better be running out the door.
    I think you are lucky to be alive. Worst your loved one could be dead. In your case I would do as everyone has said.
    File a police report
    Change the locks
    Get a restraining order
    If I was real angry I might let him know he crossed the line and what I was doing and not change the locks out of respect for my friend of course You may also want to do a background check on the guy think it costs $25 or so to do it online.

Threatened you spouse AND broke into your home. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    pump the 12ga loudly. they will leave.
    Bad idea IMO if you are not shooting them. Sure they will leave to come back later with their own guns or maybe use their key to steal your shot gun that you let them know you have to shoot you with. Threats are always a bad idea IMO

To clarify if it was me. Prior threats to me and my family breaking into my home. They would all be dead, not one word spoken
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Here is the story behind my first post.

This poor girl allows for her boyfriend to handle her bills and money. She had given him the rent money for October but it never got paid. As to what happen to the money, no one knows. I got an eviction notice on the door so I called her. She got mad and told her boyfriend to go pay it. He didn't pay it, a week or so later the constable showed up at the door serving eviction court papers. I talked to the boyfriend about it and he said it would be taken care of.

It wasn't taken care of so today I called the girl. She talked to her boyfriend about it. Shortly after he called here, I didn't pick up. I instead let him leave a message on the voice mail because I knew just what it would be. Threats.

He said he was on his way to "knock my block off". He also indicated that he would harm my pregnant finance. What a man huh? I picked up the phone after I listened to the message and called 911...still waiting for the police to show up...Its been near 30 minutes since I called, this is kind of sad. I pray to God that they show up before the disgruntled boyfriend shows up. I really don't want to have to open fire on someone.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Change locks, get a monitored alarm and a restraining order.

The locks will help keep him out, the alarm will notify the police even if you are incapacitated (at the least, the alarm will make them realize they have a finite amount of time to do anything thus limiting the damage they can do...) and the restraining order to CYA in the event you have to use force.

Oh, and make your friend move.

Call a lawyer and have her evicted if you need to, and make sure the ex knows she moved out, but to where you don't know.

...Its been near 30 minutes since I called, this is kind of sad. I pray to God that they show up before the disgruntled boyfriend shows up.
    Is this situation unfolding now?

I really don't want to have to open fire on someone.
    May I suggest your focus now be on protecting yourself, rather than not firing on someone? Worse than firing on someone would be them taking the gun away from you and using it on you. IMO you need a self-preservation mindset if this guy is coming over now, rather than a "not hurting anyone" mindset.

Is this situation happing now?

Things were unfolding when I posted my last post. I was waiting for either him or the police to show up. Police came and left.

I was pretty impressed on how the police handled the situation. They called me 5 minutes before they arrived and told me that they would be there in 5 minutes. I was watching out my window and saw them drive a lap around the apartment complex...It looked like they were looking for the description of his vehicle that I gave them.

When the cops knocked on the door, I unloaded my pistol and set it on the desk where they could see it with the slide locked back. When I opened the door, first thing I did was tell them that I had a gun and showed them where it was.

I gave them the general run down of what was going on. They completely agreed that things were out of hand and this guy needs to chill. I played the voicemail for the officers that this guy had left. From that they decided to press charges for a "terroristic threat" I think is what they said. They also said that if he shows up at all, it will be considered retaliation for going to the police with the situation and the charges would be more harsh. They have to investigate a little further, so no arrest was made. The dude had not shown up at all yet, so the officers asked me to call his number from my phone so they can talk to him. I did so and it didn't make him too happy I guess. I could hear him yelling at the cop over the phone (and I was a good 10 feet away).

The police advised him to stay away from here. They told me to call 911 if he shows back up, but if I have to use force to defend either me, my finance, or my unborn child its understandable.

Before they left I talked to them about having a pistol on you with out a CHL. I've heard some rumors lately that you can now carry a weapon in your car even if you don't have a CHL. This is true, it has to be concealed and it can't be on your person. The police said under the seat, between seats, in the glove box, or in a bag/box would all be fine....just as long as it can't be see at all.

I now have all the info nessicary for a restraining order. Cops told me that filing that would help protect me if I did have to use force on this guy....It would probably be enough to keep him clear of me all together.

Quite the iffy situation isn't it.

A little background on the story. I have terrible credit...I can't sign a lease anywhere without paying the entire lease off up front. When I was 19, I had an eviction due to not paying rent....so there are not any apartments that will take me that I can find. I was kinda forced into sub-leasing this apartment to keep a roof over my head and my finances head (she doesn't have the best credit either. She had a credit spree costing her credit close to 10grand right after she turned 18). The girl who owns the apartment didn't like it here, so she wanted to move right around the time when I was moving. I told her I would take her lease since I needed a place. Thats how I got here.

Quote Originally Posted by grady
    May I suggest your focus now be on protecting yourself, rather than not firing on someone? Worse than firing on someone would be them taking the gun away from you and using it on you. IMO you need a self-preservation mindset if this guy is coming over now, rather than a "not hurting anyone" mindset.
    believe me. I will do whatever it takes to protect myself and my finance. I was just stating that I don't want it to come to that. I would rather have it come to a non-lethal resolution.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links