A Friends Violent Boyfriend

This is a discussion on A Friends Violent Boyfriend within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Excellent job of getting the police involved. Under your circumstances, I would carry everywhere I could, even around the house. Filing a restraining order is ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Friends Violent Boyfriend

Excellent job of getting the police involved. Under your circumstances, I would carry everywhere I could, even around the house. Filing a restraining order is good for legal purposes, but obviously it can't be trusted to protect you worth a whit. Sounds like you will be in condition orange for awhile. Be ready for this guy any time, any place. I also recommend a backup gun, but maybe that's just my preference.

I hope you do something quick about the locks/your living arrangement. Him having unfettered access is very dangerous. Since the police have talked to him, if he returns, expect the worst. I don't know what training you've had or your mental outlook, but I hope you are mentally prepared to stop the threat immediately and without reservation. This guy sounds like a loose cannon looking for a place to explode.

2. Remove Ads

Wrong Answer...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    BANG!!!!!
    There were three...

Correct answer...bang, bang, bang; bang, bang, bang; bang, bang, bang...

I also agree with "peacful...", a paper trail (if possible) is extremely important!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Screwed up credit due to non-payment of rent, pregnant girlfriend with credit problems of her own, threats from people with whom you are vaguely acquainted...I don't want to sound like a dad, broknin, but what are you learning from all of this? With all due respect, you having a firearm at this point in your life might be something you should reconsider until you are mature enough to handle the additional responsibility--something I hope you are working on for the sake of your unborn child. It's not just you anymore, dude. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Screwed up credit due to non-payment of rent, pregnant girlfriend with credit problems of her own, threats from people with whom you are vaguely acquainted...I don't want to sound like a dad, broknin, but what are you learning from all of this? With all due respect, you having a firearm at this point in your life might be something you should reconsider until you are mature enough to handle the additional responsibility--something I hope you are working on for the sake of your unborn child. It's not just you anymore, dude. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but...
    Ouch,thats a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasSIG View Post
    Ouch,thats a bit harsh.
    Just holding up a mirror, as folks have done for me more than once.

I completelky understand what you're saying and its not harsh at all. Its the truth. I have learned a lot over the years and I am working on cleaning up my past mistakes.

Unfortunately due to my mistakes in the past, I'm stuck in terrible neighborhoods. Owning a firearm is not a responsibility that I don't think I can handle. If stuff hits the fan, I want to be able to defend myself, my finance, and my child.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_gorilla View Post
    This is the correct answer.
    Agreed.

Statements and steps have been made by the perons three that have forced the victim to make a play.
    Either play rollover Rover or go Cujo on their butts.

- Janq would bite
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    The guy made some early life boo-boos as did his fiancé but, he sure sounds like he is attempting to clean it all up and get it on the right path for his forthcoming child.
    Sometimes it's pretty tough climbing out of a deep & slippery hole.

My advice to him would be to try to use all possible situational avoidance in this scenario because even a "good justified shoot" can be terribly life altering especially if there are follow-up civil charges filed against him by the aggressor's family. Remember that it is usually NOT over...even when you are cleared of all criminal charges.
    And any legal defense can get expensive and it does not sound like this individual has all sorts of free cash laying around to pay out in attorney fees.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic View Post
    Keep in mind that, in this scenario, the person in question is sub-leasing the apartment. I would hope that he and the person that he is sub-leasing from have a formal, written agreement in place. Otherwise he may have a tough time proving that he had a right to be there.
    Brian
    Well, I'll be. That's exactly what my first thought was.

I'd make the police report also, although not every day.
    Fill out whatever paperwork is necessary to keep him 100 feet from you also.
    New locks.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

If you're in an apartment complex, almost every apartment complex lease in the world prohibits sub-leasing. You'd have no recourse against the landlord for either violence committed against you or the landlord tossing you for changing the locks, etc.

I infer from your post that the original lessee is not your significant other.

Bottom line, somebody or multiples of somebody show up in my living room, sorry for them, but they're leaving horizontally.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

You might look into finding a friend, someone who trusts you to help you get another apartment by co-signing a lease with you. This sub-let doesn't sound too cool.
    I once co-signed for a girl once many moons ago who I really didn't know that well. The reason being was that her ex-fiance started getting pretty violent. I wanted to help her but boy was I glad when that 12 month lease was up.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

"Get out"

events unfold

Call 911: "Send police and an ambulance...four men have been shot...the address is....."

Call atty
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

as has been said before call the police report the threats, change the locks if possible, try to find a new place, and if by chance, you need to use your weapon before you are able to move the police reports will help your cause.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Even with really bad credit, if you establish yourself in a very credible way with the property management, the manager can decide to terminate the lease with the original tenant and work with you directly. Management would probably keep you on a short leash but could go a long way toward rebuilding your own credit record.

It may even be that the original tenant has violated her lease by subletting it to you without management's approval. That would allow management to immediately void her lease, evict you and lease the apartment out to someone new. If you show management that you are an asset to their property (taking exceptional care of the apartment, being very courteous to other tenants, paying rent always on time, etc.), they may give you the opportunity to turn things around.

Distinguished Member

Good advice for the long road. +1

Z

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links