A Friends Violent Boyfriend - Page 5

A Friends Violent Boyfriend

This is a discussion on A Friends Violent Boyfriend within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Then tell them there's a good chance 'someone will be shot' if things continue to escalate. I'm curious about what street or area of Austin ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Friends Violent Boyfriend

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Then tell them there's a good chance 'someone will be shot' if things continue to escalate.

I'm curious about what street or area of Austin do you live.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; October 27th, 2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    I'm curious about what street or area of Austin do you live.
    In the part where no one should live. lol
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    If this guy comes here looking for trouble I'm going to call 911 immediately. Should I tell them that I'm armed and I will start shooting if I need to? Would that help get them there faster? Here in Austin, their response time is terrible. Today I waited for close to an hour for the police to arrive after I told them that this guy claimed he was on his way and threatened both my pregnant finance and I. How can I get them to respond to a situation that can potentially be deadly a bit faster?
    Seems like you have gotten some good input by apparently caring people but you do not seem to be hearing or listening. Get the restraining order. Monday 8:AM be there if you live that long. There it NO good reason for you to not have it now. Job school nothing. Second, DO NOT tell him you have a gun not now not ever. Third, if he is in the parking lot fine, call 911. As said before dial 911 and scream your address. If he is at the door grab your gun than a call 911. Do not open the door. If he comes into your home, screw 911 or talking SHOOT HIM DEAD, if you are unwilling to do that get rid of the gun because he will kill you with it. Or he may use it to grab a piece of tail from your fiance before he kills you both. How long did you say it took the police to arrive? Plenty long enough for him to change your fiance and your lives forever. Do not point it at him, do not warn him, do not threaten him. Draw it and shoot him dead, period. As soon as he is past the door into your home he has made as clear as can be what his intent is. It is time to shoot him or die. Others have said but it bears repeating for whatever reason you got yourself where you are at. Again as others have said it is not just you anymore. Now you need to deal with it. Time to stand up do the foot work and be ready to do what needs doing. Really wish you all the best
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    First thing you can do is pick better friends, If your friend brings trouble to you she is not a friend. Next get different locks/rekey the locks. Call the law and make reports of this person making threats.

They'll know you're armed when the bullets start coming their way. I wouldn't bother letting them know you're armed before then. Bottom line is that they are intruders in your residence and they may want to do you harm.

Double tap until complete.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

I've moved away from that apartment now. I'm still getting threatening phone calls from this guy all the time.

I've been going back and forth with the Austin PD detectives. They are "investigating" it...I don't know what they need to investigate. I've recorded every conversation I've had with this guy and handed the audio over to the detective. The police now have recordings of him saying that he will be coming to find both me and my fiance to hurt us.

This guy is not only bugging me, he is harassing friends of mine to try and figure out where I live. Only one person knows where I live, and he won't say a word to this guy. When my friends don't tell him where I live, then he calls me saying "I'm going to find you".
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

hmmmm......
    a guy with violent tendencies who's been making threats shows up in your home with some friends. what would i do?

my problem would be deciding on which handgun to pick, or should i just pick up the shotgun?

i'd also evict the girlfriend.

listen to longRider. get your act together
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Order up numerous body bags.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Order up numerous body bags.

Slide lock is natures way of saying reload and keep shooting!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Do not open the door. If he comes into your home, screw 911 or talking SHOOT HIM DEAD, if you are unwilling to do that get rid of the gun because he will kill you with it. Or he may use it to grab a piece of tail from your fiance before he kills you both. How long did you say it took the police to arrive? Plenty long enough for him to change your fiance and your lives forever. Do not point it at him, do not warn him, do not threaten him. Draw it and shoot him dead, period.
    While I understand the sentiment, I would not take this advise to heart. If you have to shoot, then shoot to stop the threat. Period. DO NOT take a predetermined attitute of "shooting him dead" as this will likely not be a favorable defense to prosectution.

my .02
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4TheBrand View Post
    While I understand the sentiment, I would not take this advise to heart. If you have to shoot, then shoot to stop the threat. Period. DO NOT take a predetermined attitute of "shooting him dead" as this will likely not be a favorable defense to prosectution.

my .02
    The point of shooting someone is to stop the threat. If I only had to let one round go to stop the threat, I would stop shooting...and obviously I wouldn't shoot unless there was no other option. Killing someone is a last resort, and anyone who has the means to kill another human should understand that.

Like I said before, I've moved away from there so I don't think I will be seeing any more of this guy. He has no idea where I live now, but he still has my phone number. He keeps calling both me and a friend of mine saying that he will find me and blah blah blah. Meaning-less threats that I doubt he will follow through with. Either way, I'm talking with an investigator at APD about it. He is looking into everything and trying to press charges on this guy for terroristic threats. I recorded all of my conversations with this guy, so the detective has recordings of everything. I don't know how well a .mp3 file would hold up in court though (I used the mic on my computer to record everything and had the phone on speaker).

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Exclamation

If the worse happens, The police will always have a investigation. They will indeed find your computer and find this web site and this thread can be used against you.
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

BTW, change your phone number!

It's easy to say "your honor I contacted the local PD, they took my complaint, and it continued, so I changed my number."

Then you have done everything you can to remove this guy from your day to day life. I know it's a PITA, but it could save your life if he can't contact you. Maybe he will just forget about it, and if not, your chance of being justified in defense of his actions will be stronger.

If he is determined to "get you" he will find you. You can't do much about it. Sounds like he is quite the threatening type though. Don't count on the PD to stop him. Stay alert! Separate you and yours from him as much as possible. This includes changing your phone number.

I am taking a local Citizen's Police Academy right now, and we just had the Civil Process Deputy talk to us. DO NOT depend on Warrants or Restraining Orders to be served. Especially in Austin. I live a in a MUCH smaller population county, and our Warrant/RO servers are VERY backed up.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links