A Friends Violent Boyfriend

This is a discussion on A Friends Violent Boyfriend within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You're sub leasing an apartment from a friend of yours. Her boyfriend is known to be a violent person and has threatened to physically harm ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Friends Violent Boyfriend

A Friends Violent Boyfriend

You're sub leasing an apartment from a friend of yours. Her boyfriend is known to be a violent person and has threatened to physically harm you and your significant other multiple times. You ignore the threats and he shows up at your door in the middle of the night with a few other guys with him. He has a key for the apartment that he got from his girlfriend (since the apt is in her name, she would have a key) so he was able to let himself and his friends in. You wake up to physical threats from three men in your home.

You have you pistol within arms reach from your bed, but out of sight. Its fully loaded.

What do you do?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

2. Remove Ads

Theyd be lookin down the barrel of my gun, with some 'splainin to do.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Deal with it. Then call 911 and tell em to bring the body bags.

I'd give them one warning and if they showed no intent to leave I'd start putting rounds down range.

If you're worried about friends, make sure that you have a couple of loaded magazines near.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Deal with it.

This is the correct answer.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

First of all, when I lived in apts, I changed the locks, and installed dead bolts after I was told not to. I figure that I live there and no one should be there unless I am there. I came home to the apt one day and could tell that someone had been inside. I spoke to the manager and was told that the maintenance man comes in to change out the air filters. I asked to have the filter left at the door, and was denied. The next day I installed a dead bolt and new lockset. I informed the manager that when I moved I would install the old lockset and give her the keys to the dead bolt.

To answer your question, if I woke up and there were BGs in my house there would be gunfire.

Change your locks, it is your place of residence. OR MOVE! Friend or not.
    Keep your powder dry

BANG!!!!!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

pump the 12ga loudly. they will leave.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Administrator
    I totally agree with ExSoldier.
    If you are renting then that is your home.
    Nobody should be able to gain entry into your home without your consent and permission. Have your locks rekeyed...do something pro-active right now.
    Absolutely...you should be adding a dead-bolt to the door or you should physically bar your doors so that no unauthorized person/persons can enter your living quarters uninvited.
    For all you know 6 previous tenants could also have your apartment door key.
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of Lead.
    While it likely that it would be a good shoot if strangers entered your domicile at night and threatened you...why would you let the situation get to that point? You can easily rectify things right now so that you'll not need to face that future scenario.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    pump the 12ga loudly. they will leave.
    That would be my first reaction...but at the time I don't have a 12g

Thats the next on the list of wanted guns
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    why would you let the situation get to that point? You can easily rectify things right now so that you'll not need to face that future scenario.
    +1

Find ways to avoid being in bad situations.

-john

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    There doesn't seem to be much of a question, here.

I think that unequivocally I would draw and fire. And fire. And fire. And fire. What else can you do?! Wait while a known-violent guy who has made threats against you and is now inside your home uninvited explains how he's just there to ask you what you want for Christmas?!

I would sure hope that a trail of police reports has been made that document this guy's history of threat-making.

But if he's at the foot of my bed in the middle of the night uninvited and I can access my gun, it is perfectly fair of me to assume he is there to kill me and he is going to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey
    I would sure hope that a trail of police reports has been made that document this guy's history of threat-making.
    Never thought of that - thanks for the idea. I might be making daily phone calls to the local police department then.

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Peacefuljeffery has an excellent point with the police reports. Documentation can only serve to support your position if a situation escalates to a shooting.

Distinguished Member
    Unless they are all carrying feather-dusters, and vacuum cleaners (mad service) leads a flying. Agree with rest of posts about locks, if you can't change locks, at the very least how about a chair against the door.

Z

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links