In House CCW - Page 2

In House CCW

This is a discussion on In House CCW within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bob The Great Just out of curiosity, why does that preclude you carrying? In answer to your question, I don't currently carry ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In House CCW

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why does that preclude you carrying?

In answer to your question, I don't currently carry in the house for a couple of reasons, one being that at 7+ months pregnant with a two year old in tow there is really no place I can carry on me that is reasonable - we do have tools available should I need one. And second the lead issues are a concern as well...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

Always. You never know who's going to show up at the front door.

indoors/outdoors,same thing can happen any time, day or night. as far as the wife, she doesnt mind. i think she feels safer.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2AMomma View Post
    In answer to your question, I don't currently carry in the house for a couple of reasons, one being that at 7+ months pregnant with a two year old in tow there is really no place I can carry on me that is reasonable - we do have tools available should I need one. And second the lead issues are a concern as well...
    Just curious. Thanks.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

If my pants are on, my gun is on. If it is legal to carry where I am, my gun is on. That's how I roll.

Right now I have my 220 OWB and my Charter 44Spl on my ankle.

Oh, yeah. Right now my wife has my G30 on and she has three AR15s and a few 1911s in front of her that she is cleaning. We just got back from the range. I made a deal with her. I load all the ammo, we shoot it, she cleans the guns. Fair is fair.

I carry most of the time when I'm home (also when I'm not home). About the only time I don't carry is while I'm sleeping or in the shower.

Why? You never know when you'll need it, and by the time you do know, it may be too late to get it. Best to just keep it on.

The HK is on the hip as I type this, and always is, when I'm in the yard, basement, garage, mowing the lawn, going for the mail, I'm open carry at home and CCW every where else. The only time I am not carrying is when I am asleep then it is by my head.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Went through a tornado in our neighborhood, amazing how dark at night and all the "visitors" you get both day and night. Glock 32 was my companion.

Thom

I work in a school and cannot carry there...as soon as I enter the house, the safe is open and my Kimber Ultra or my Glock-36 goes IWB. If my weapon is not in my waist, then it is only a reach away...it moves from room to room with me. In the shower, it's on the counter...
    My wife never says a thing, she knows how I feel, and from the various news reports (that I constantly tell her about), she knows why and silently agrees with my attitude. She now carries most of the time she leaves the house, except if I'm with her...but I'm working on getting her to carry WITH me...two guns are better than one. I also am working on both of us taking a 'working as a team' class...somewhere! You can never be too safe.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I also am working on both of us taking a 'working as a team' class...somewhere!
    Hey, Ret,

After you take your class, then maybe you can work on shooting together.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

One or both of us carry or have a firearm close at hand 24/7 at home. We have talked out field of fire so we don't sweep each other.

If one of us is engaged with BGs, the other is to retrieve the shotgun (unless it is at hand.)

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Hey, Ret,

After you take your class, then maybe you can work on shooting together.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

We do that...just not standing back to back...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I generally do not carry in the house unless I've skipped my psychosis meds.

BUT

A handgun is within immediate reach in any location in the house where I hangout ... BUT I skip the Godfather handgun-in-toilet-thing.

Always carry when answering the door ... day or night.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Gumbo View Post
    Violent home invasions happen in the blink of an eye and there may not be time to get to the safe and "gun up".
    You could not say that better.

When I was 19 years old, 4 armed guys broke into my apartment while I was sleeping (roommate was sleeping also). I was on the living room couch and he was in the bedroom (1 room apt). I got jumped by 3 of the guys. I couldn't make it to my shotgun, they were way too fast for me. I screamed for my roommate to get his gun, he came out with his pistol and put an end to the situation pretty quick. One BG died and the another was wounded. Two ran away and were later picked up by the police. This entire thing unfolded in about 30 seconds by the time they made entry to the time when they ran out the door after shots were fired....home invasions happen a lot quicker then a lot of people think.

Back to the orignal topic

Yes, I carry at home. I usually have a gun either on me or within arms reach. If I just got back from the range, I like to keep at least one gun loaded just in case.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links