Quicky Mart

This is a discussion on Quicky Mart within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SonofASniper I think the short version of what Sixto is saying is get rid of the "John Wayne Syndrome". It will cause ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quicky Mart

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    I think the short version of what Sixto is saying is get rid of the "John Wayne Syndrome". It will cause more harm than good.

Thats what I'm saying

Sixto, is the tactic you are referring to having the patience to wait for the BG to shift his aim away from the clerk? That being under the original assumption that the BG is not aware of your presence.

You dont have to wait for anything, but dont let the BG determine how things are going to go. If you are going to get in the mix, you have to control the situation right away

PeacefulJeffery, I may be misunderstanding some of your posts. Are you really ascerting that people who work retail jobs don't take their lives seriously, or don't value their lives?
    And in the topic at hand, the gun is not pointed at any of us... just the clerk.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Well, Sixto, I thought I would take a crack at it, but I am horrible with multiple guess questions.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Some other things to consider:

The BG looks up at that big parabolic mirror behind the clerk and sees you, gun in hand hiding in the back. Now what?

You had better have made a 911 call immediately because you are about to be in need of some serious back-up of the uniformed kind.

You may well be on one of the numerous security cameras in the store. Imagine how it is going to play out on the national news that an armed customer, gun drawn, hides in the back of a convience store while the unarmed clerk is shot to death by a robber. And, when they stick a microphone in you face you say, "Hey she knew her job was dangerous. Sorry it worked out the way it did, but I don't stick my neck out for anyone. She should've had a gun of her own!"

Shoot, don't shoot, seconds to decide. Welcome to the world of your local LEO's.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    And, when they stick a microphone in you face you say, "Hey she knew her job was dangerous. Sorry it worked out the way it did, but I don't stick my neck out for anyone. She should've had a gun of her own!"
    I would NEVER say a word to anyone in the media.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links