Subway Car scenario - Page 2

Subway Car scenario

This is a discussion on Subway Car scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bigdog21 Depending on the law of his state he may For instance in texas that would be a breach of peace and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subway Car scenario

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog21 View Post
    Depending on the law of his state he may For instance in texas that would be a breach of peace and under state law a private person may arrest for it.
    This is true, in some states, but prudence still dictates that you handle such a situation carefully. Just because you may have technical authority to make a citizen's arrest doesn't always mean it's the best way to handle someone making an a** of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Bob, you and I are once again in complete agreement. +50 to you.
    Must be the avatar.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that if you are in a subway car and you pepper spray "him," you are pepper spraying him, YOU, and EVERYONE ELSE in the subway car. So pepper spray is out.

Not sure if you are in a scenario where you'd have a clear shot where a miss or an overpenetration would not endanger those behind him.

I would say that a pop to the nose is what you should give him if his violent intent is clear, and maybe two or three (combinations are what win a fight). But I think that I would sooner use the gun than the pepper spray in a closed-in subway car! And I would still be very reluctant to use the gun against someone who was not visibly armed, had not yet even thrown a punch, and is surrounded by 30 people in a subway car! You're liable to have a real panic on your hands then.

All in all, it's a real tough situation to be in. Now I'm going to look at the other responses and hopefully learn something. Maybe I'll end up with some ideas for how to maybe handle this, that I can tuck into mind and have available if it ever happens to me.

I'm with the others on OC'ing in a confined space. A deputy comes in with an OC'd person that EMS hasn't cleaned up and after a minute or two everybody in the station (including them) is outside coughing... Then again it doesn't help that they spay them so much they look like an oompa loompa with bright orange skin. lol
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall." Adolf Hitler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links