Halloween, only time we open the door to masked people?

This is a discussion on Halloween, only time we open the door to masked people? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kind of scary tonight millions of Americans will open their doors to masked strangers. Anyone else thought of this? I see a opportunity for home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween, only time we open the door to masked people?

Halloween, only time we open the door to masked people?

Kind of scary tonight millions of Americans will open their doors to masked strangers. Anyone else thought of this? I see a opportunity for home invaders tonight. I will be prepared anyone else taking extra steps?

2. Remove Ads

My dog has been filing her claws all day and she is just now moving on to her main battery, her big teeth.

I guess I will have the OC spray handy and the snubby tucked in my belt just for good measure.

Well, today is the one day of the year when you can dress up to be someone else. Dress up as a cop and carry OWB!

That would probably thwart any home invasions.

I don't even open my door on Halloween, nor do I think its the smartest thing to teach your kids to accept candy from complete strangers. Yes, most people out there are good honest people but I wouldn't want to run across the one nut job out there.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Assistant Administrator
    Old and grey (white!) - my porch light stays off trick or treat night - and no one is any more welcome than any other time. Meaning no one is too welcome, in particular when dark, anytime!.

If I had kids of the age range involved, I'd not be happy these days to have them lurking around stranger's houses .. too many freaks around. Latest thing tonight on local news was a warning of meth that could look like candy

Wierd times we live in.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My roommate got upset I don't celebrate a Pagan holiday and I don't give out candy. Am I so wrong in not giving in to popular activities?
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

This is the frist year that we kept the house dark and the porch lights off...it's kind of a stupid evening anyway...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I live pretty far out in the boonies so trick-or-treaters don't normally come around this far off the beaten path. This is the first year we didn't bother to turn the porch light on. I carved a pumpkin, but it's here inside the house as we're probably the only folks that would see it anyway. I love the holiday, but any knocks on the door will be highly suspect.
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Last year the wife lost her grandmother on Halloween, so she didn't go all out like we usually do.
    I'm sitting here in the home office, next to the safe, just in case.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

In the 26 years we have lived here, we have NEVER had a trick or treater come to the door! Also, we can go to bed early on New Years too as it is pretty quiet up here..yes, it is good to be me! Happy Halloween y'all

I dunno guys, I live in a pretty safe neighborhood. I had fun taking my daughter around (her first time) and hamming it up with some of the other cold Dads. I trust most of my neighbors, its the creeps that visit for one evening that I worry about.

This way we all get to know each other at least on a somewhat social level. I feel this can be important, if the SHTF we would probably all have to work together somehow.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Administrator
    Ya'll are no fun. We have a blast here. Moms and Dads take turns walking with the kids, neighbors huddle around a fire and BS. I understand why some might be afraid or they have religious beliefs about the Halloween thing, but I refuse to live my life in fear. If I do, I've already lost without a fight.

Strangers and other undesirables get the boot pretty quick in my 'hood.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I live in a small town.About 400 homes in the neighborhood,one road in or out.Tonight was fun!County cops everywhere and kids with their parents having fun.We ran out of candy in one hour after a couple of hundred kids.

Lights on, door open, ferocious child-eating hound on leash (weighs all of 6 lbs.).

Had a blast handing out candy and my favorite picture of Jesus- Laughing Jesus.

We had 36 kids, and one 5 yr old fairy princess who desperately needed the bathroom.

All in all, it was a great night, and MOST of the candy is gone!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ya'll are no fun. We have a blast here. Moms and Dads take turns walking with the kids, neighbors huddle around a fire and BS. I understand why some might be afraid or they have religious beliefs about the Halloween thing, but I refuse to live my life in fear. If I do, I've already lost without a fight.

Strangers and other undesirables get the boot pretty quick in my 'hood.
    Same here. The wife and I pass out candy and yak it up with the parents who accompany their kids. We ooh and aah at the kid's costumes and have a good time in general. When we get enough of it we turn porch lights off and shut down for the night. My house gun is always close but as Sixto says, if you live your life in fear you've lost it anyway.

We live out in the country, no trick or treaters have ever come up the hill. When we lived in the city there must have been 150 visitors. Never had a problem, never thought anything of it. Neither scenario is bad, just go with the flow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links