Where do you talk. - Page 2

Where do you talk.

This is a discussion on Where do you talk. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Forget the tactics of it all, I'd be ticked that the phone company is ringing my door bell at 9pm. Don't ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you talk.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Forget the tactics of it all, I'd be ticked that the phone company is ringing my door bell at 9pm.
    Don't get me started on those AT&T *****%*!%$. The have harassed the heck out of me at work.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

If someone range the bell at 9pm at my house - they should be more worried about the wifey (two babies asleep upstairs) than my 9mm and snarling doberman.

Never let them in - I also think these guys case houses for their buddies.

UNLESS its the Girl Scouts - when Time Warner starts selling Somoa's, then I might talk to them too..

For late night visitors...I'm changing my doorbell from a 'ding-dong' to gunfire with outside speakers...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't even answer the door unless it is a Girl Scout, LEO, or someone I am expecting (pizza delivery, utility tech). I watch them from inside until they leave.

Administrator
    This thread makes me really miss my German Shep. I taught him to bark and hold... I'd send him out the side door, he would run around and hold the annoying solicitor on the porch until I released him. God loves good dogs.

Anyway, I really dont answer the door when they come around selling garbage.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    There is no law that says you have to answer the door.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    I haven't bought it yet, too busy with other projects right now, but I intend to put in a video intercom system at both doors. The visitor can only hear and speak to me (if I allow it). Of course I can hear him, speak with him and look at him from inside my home at the "base station". I think these things are a great idea, I especially want it for my wife's use so she doesn't have to answer the door.............problem solved.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I used to have an old bird dog. It had a nasty habit of humping strangers legs. Looking back it was a pretty impressive deterrent.

Michael

9 at night is a little late for surveys. I'd be in bed at the point - if the doorbell rang I think I'd have the shotgun in my hands if I even got up.

Soliciting in general is a bad idea. If someone wants to come to my door during the day when I'm not home and talk to my wife, not okay. If they want to come after I get home from work, not a good time. At night, no.

Austin

No conversation, if I open the door at all, the screen door stays shut and locked and I say no thank you quickly and then shut and lock the door again.

If I talk to them it is always outside. Usually I ignore them.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

They stay on the front step, I stay behind the screen door with my two dogs barking at them. I invite neighbors, friends and relatives in not strangers. I don't go out as I can hear them just fine inside my home.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

No one gets inside unless They are a real close friend. I always talk outside.
    Strangers go to the front door(its blocked), I exit back door and ask if I can help them. I am always armed and at home it is never concealed. After dark anyone coming to the door is met with a bright light in the eyes, regardles of who it may be.

It's very difficult for me to talk to strangers at my front door - the dogs are just too loud. If I really want to waste my time talking to them, I have to come out and talk at the other end of the front porch.

I don't think any stranger is going to do anything that might cause me to loose control of the door - being torn apart by angry dogs in not what they came for.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    First, I never come to the door without a gun in my hand. I've even done it before where I've draped a paper or magazine over my gun hand so it wouldn't be seen, or even kept my gun hand around the corner so it couldn't be seen what is in it. I talk with the door slightly ajar, my foot and hand behind it so I can close it quickly, and I'm usually fighting to keep two curious kittens from trying to learn first hand about the wild outdoors.

I want to be able to slam the door shut if I need to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links