Where do you talk.

This is a discussion on Where do you talk. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I go outside and shut the door. Period. I learned somthing about this while delevering pizzas (it was a boring job so my mind woundered) ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where do you talk.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I go outside and shut the door. Period. I learned somthing about this while delevering pizzas (it was a boring job so my mind woundered) I found my routine was "thrown off" when someone would come outside and shut the door behind them. This also prevented me from seeing inside to thier house, so in the case that i was a bg i was less prepared. I beleive many sophisticated (if there is such a thing) bg's use the doorbell ring/survery method at a scouting expedition. One can learn many things by how someone answers the door. Even when I was expected (pizza delivery) I could see people looking through the peephole (you know what i mean) or blinds; this is significant because people are creatures of habbit, and if they checked when the pizza guy (the expected arrival) was here it was a safebet they were a cautious person and an average tipper. I could deductivly conclude where the master bed room was if someone had to run and get the credit card. I could see if they had dogs, an alarm system, and in most cases could see right into thier backyard. I could see open windows and skylights as port of entrys. The point is, a BG would expect you to talk to him/her from inside thier house so they can scout around.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Initially, open the door about 6" and stand where they cannot see in, with my handgun in my hand, down to my side but out of site. If it's after dark, I dispatch them quickly. If it's daylight and I decide to talk, I step outside and shut the door.

I really need to get an intercom. Opening the door late at night invites trouble.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links