What would you have done - Page 2

What would you have done

This is a discussion on What would you have done within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is one of those times where high cap firearms might be necessary. 50 assailants? Sheesh, that's more than patrolmen could probably wind up handling ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This is one of those times where high cap firearms might be necessary. 50 assailants? Sheesh, that's more than patrolmen could probably wind up handling if they decide to fight it out. If they are right about the numbers (and no offense, but most civilians are not trained to be good observers, so I take that with a grain of salt) but either way it was a number high enough to cause serious problems.

I don't know if I could maintain full control of my truck if a brick came through my window.

I would be reading tag numbers to the 911 operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Hummm... well, if you'r getting you vehicle kicked and dented anyway, might as well dent 'er up good! Ah... I mean, try to escape! Yeah, that's it!
    Yep!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1911 Packer I think the lic relay is a definite ah duh. I honestly hadn't thought about that when I first read the post, and I wonder if these hoodlums had any tags? If they are going out doing this you would think that they wouldn't, but then again...

well if there were that many of them all around, what if one happened to cut me off so i slammed on the breaks and a few of the ones behind me ran into me? they would be at fault. if i have to i can get a new bumper.

I would think that the problem would come from them getting in front of you and slowing to the point of stopping. If you hit them from the rear, then you might be deemed at fault. Once the brick comes through the window, all bets are off because you can't see too well, and you're in fear of your life and that of your family. Damn sure don't want to stop until the cavalry (LE) arrives. Do what you gotta do to survive.

Five bucks says at least one the bikers was/is armed with a handgun. Agreed that once a brick comes through my window, the survival light is lit in my vehicle.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Motorists were forced to stop?By motorcycles?

Distinguished Member
    It's all fun and games til someone gets ran over

Z

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Owner of a lowered/track prepped Acura here. If there were that many bikes, first thing I'd do is brake check the ones behind me or do a quick "lane change" to bump the ones actually next to be off their bikes,depending on there the majority are.

My car is too low to phyiscally go OVER a bike,but it could dang sure know alot of them OFF their bikes

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Lost control

I would think once the brick came thru or damaged the window, I "lost control" of my car and not sure what happened next (grin).

Eric

mow them down with any and all means necessary and available to exit this threat including use of deadly force with vehicle and firearm.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Administrator
    I dont know guys, but do these antics rise to the level of deadly force? It doesnt matter if you use your car or a gun, but using deadly force needs to be justifable. You are walking a fine line in this case.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ability -- sustained proximity and swarming behavior.
    Opportunity -- is an attack possible.
    Intent -- kicking and the brick!

Deadly force is in play.

Evade, defend and attack as needed to try to survive.

Rule 1 -- Survive or take'm with you.

There are no other rules.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

I see this from the other side, being a rider of a "Japanese make" motorcycle (as opposed to a "Japanese-model"), the same way we as defensive-carriers look at the articles about people using "assault weapons" to defend themselves. Parts may have been blown out of proportion, I wasn't there, and a lot of sportbike riders put up with a lot of bad driving around us. What they did was inexcusable, but a lot of near-hits occur where we almost get killed on a daily basis because someone didn't head-check, or is on a cell phone and starts drifiting over, et c., add up and you get outlaw types like these morons who watched too many movies about Hell's Angels.
    I've eaten pavement and know that every one of those bikes is a life, I would do my best to evade without trying to hit them. Although, I'm on my bike all the time, so unless I am in my car I probably won't have a problem.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links