Quick-E Mart

Quick-E Mart

This is a discussion on Quick-E Mart within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are shopping and you are unnoticed in the back of a gas station convenience store. You are carrying your .45 as always. Suddenly you ...

Thread: Quick-E Mart

You are shopping and you are unnoticed in the back of a gas station convenience store. You are carrying your .45 as always. Suddenly you realize something is wrong....

While you were shopping unnoticed, a BG has taken over. There is a BG pointing a handgun at the teller's head, but has his back turned to you.

1) Do you draw, sneak up, and shoot the BG in the back?

2) Draw, sneak, announce presence, and pray that BG drops gun, (if not shoot BG)

3) Draw, sneak, announce, wait for BG to face you, shoot BG?

ALSO,

4) If the BG drops his gun and gets on the ground. Can I Zip-Tie his hands and wait for police if I happen to have some Zip-Ties with me?

Administrator
    I'd go to the nearest computer with internet access and read this thread

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=34665.

Then I'd pinch myself cause its just a case of Deja vu.
    "Just blame Sixto"

well what I really want to know is can I shoot someone in the BACK? and can I Zip Tie them, hog tie them, or whatever until police get there?

The clerk's life is possibly about to end. You would be justified to shoot first in order to save the life of another- the good samritan situation. Ok, that's my take.
    If the clerk were not armed, different story.
    You'd probably get free slurpees for life too.
    David
    from LA

I have 5 guns.

Concerning Zip Ties.... say there is no Fight... he drops gun and drops to floor... if I zip Tie him until cops show up, isn't that Holding him Unreasonably? i forget the exact phrase.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanjs View Post
    Concerning Zip Ties.... say there is no Fight... he drops gun and drops to floor... if I zip Tie him until cops show up, isn't that Holding him Unreasonably? i forget the exact phrase.
    So, what he has done justifies you heater pointing him, possibly shooting him in the back... but your worried about detaining? No, this does not fit unlawful detainment or restraint. (Ohio) I would not bind anyones hand with zip ties unless there is extreme circumstance.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You need to check your state's laws on that. I can legally do stuff here in Texas that if I did it in another state would be a felony. And if you travel to another state that recognizes your permit you have to remember that the rules there might not be the same as at home.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member
    Minuteman, I see you are somewhat new to the forum-welcome. May I suggest that before you get to excited about "foiling a crime" and carrying around a pocket full of Zip-ties, that you spend some time reading the different and valuable posts here. There is a tremendous amount of info here to learn.

While most people appreciate someone getting involved, I believe that after you spend some quality time here, you will find out that a CCW permit has more to do with A) avoiding problems in the first place, B) keeping yourself and loved-ones safe and C) A new perspective on being responsible and prudent.

The last resort we do is "stop a threat" detaining a BG most likely will cause you much more grief and stress than any pleasure or satisfaction that will come out of it.

Stay safe

Z

1943 - 2009
    This thread is a re-hash of the thread that SIXTO mentioned, so there's no reason to keep it active.

To the OP, and as stated by mcp1810, you should study Ohio state law to learn what you can and cannot legally do in this situation.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Links