Robbery going down with your kid inside - Page 4

Robbery going down with your kid inside

This is a discussion on Robbery going down with your kid inside within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Janq My wife doesn't ever carry her cell and when she does most often the battery is dead anyway or the phone ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robbery going down with your kid inside

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    My wife doesn't ever carry her cell and when she does most often the battery is dead anyway or the phone off. Calling her is a no go option.
    She is very much a condition white type.
    You are not alone - I'm always on my wife about this very thing and she's still in condition white. Nothing will ever happen to me. I guess this is why we see a lot of women in the news that end up on the bad end of things - especially the college aged ones. Ugh.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

What are the odds the situation will turn into a Cluster Muck without your HELP? Maybe 1 to 2 chances in a hundred?

Insert your Jackie Chan-Dirty Harry self into the fray ... What are the odds of a Cluster Muck WITH your HELP inside?

Use your brain and cell phone ... it ain't the movies.

Great scenario btw.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

check this

appropriate story from the philadelphia rite aid story page

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...rol_bills.html

Just curious here, but if you make a phone call to a cell into the store that will alert the BGs when it rings.

Isn't that a concern to anyone ?

Agreed that the door may be a covered by a BG inside. The guy in the car is likely just a driver....

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzlemah View Post
    Just curious here, but if you make a phone call to a cell into the store that will alert the BGs when it rings.

Isn't that a concern to anyone ?

Agreed that the door may be a covered by a BG inside. The guy in the car is likely just a driver....
    Pretty much my thinking. If everyone has STFU and on the floor, with BG1 raiding the drug locker & registers, with BG2 covering his back with a shotty (for instance), as I said previously, a phone ringing on a kid old enough to "know" but not necessarily old enough to drive just made them a person of interest.

The options are basically call 911 & sit, or acts as you feel able.

Edit to add: my experiences would indicate a cluster regardless of what you do. A drug store offers return beyond cash value, but is comparatively high-risk because of the size and layout (vs a 7-11), so you have some folks with some dedication, not overly bright (or they would go for a higher value target for the same risk), with minimal concern for by standers. Your experiences may vary...

It's better to have a plan and adjust--instead of reacting hastily.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I don't have a daughter, just a red-headed stepson...

I would call 911, report a robbery in progress, leave the phone on top of the car, and go in.

yeah, it ain't the movies. Which means there is no hero, no one is going to protect my kid, and i'm doing every thing i can to do so myself. Maybe its the wrong thing for some, but its the right thing for ME.

grab a box of cereal, pull my weapon if need be, and go looking.

maybe not the best tactical situation, but neither is watching my stepson bleed to death.

Sorry, i'm going in.

Quote Originally Posted by packin_glock View Post
    Thats a heck of a story but i would of course done the same thing.

Of course the gun-haters will say "you should polity ask the BG if his gun was loaded or not before you shoot to kill"
    From one versions of the story:

Arthur Hayhoe, the executive director of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, said this case is "a tough call" for a group that favors strict gun laws.

He said he won't "second-guess" a parent defending his son, but Hayhoe is troubled with the second shooting. "It's still a shooting of an unarmed person, and that's always troubling." he said.

So you donít have to ask if it is loaded but Arthur would rather you let the BG pick up the gun/rifle/shot gun before you shoot them to defend yourself otherwise it is not fair. . . UNBELIEVABLE!!!

If some Bozo Rambo clowns this up so that MY daughter is killed in there, he will not know what hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post
    If some Bozo Rambo clowns this up so that MY daughter is killed in there, he will not know what hit him.

The question wasn't wether I would go in if YOUR daughter was in there.

It was would I go in there if MY daughter was in there.

I think it's pretty disrespectful to call these people Bozo Rambos simply because they wish to be proactive in protecting the lives of their children...I really want to believe I misunderstood what you are saying.

I don't feel there is a right or wrong answer to this, since action OR inaction can get your child killed. Screw the laws, this is about protecting the ones you love, and that is the reason we all carry, isn't it?

If it's MY daughter, I go in.
    If it's yours, I do not.

Nothing "Bozo Rambo" about that, just different stakes.

Clarifications

1-I did not call anyone on this forum a Bozo Rambo.

2-If MY daughter is killed as a direct result of a BOZO RAMBO attempting to get to HIS daughter in a store robbery into the headwind of 3 armed BGs, there will be a big problem.

I'm light years away from wanting to get invlolved in robberies, but MY KID IS IN THERE! I don't plan to start a gunfight, but sitting outside waiting for it to become a hostage situation when PD surrounds the place seems like a greater evil than being in there blending in. If it does go down while I'm in there, There is no commanding going on. I sense the need and they get shot in the back when they are looking elsewhere. Hopefully when I can nail at least 2 of them before they can turn around.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

[QUOTE=riverkeeper;533253]What are the odds the situation will turn into a Cluster Muck without your HELP? Maybe 1 to 2 chances in a hundred?

Insert your Jackie Chan-Dirty Harry self into the fray ... What are the odds of a Cluster Muck WITH your HELP inside?

Use your brain and cell phone ... it ain't the movies.[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post

[QUOTE=riverkeeper;534874]Clarifications

1-I did not call anyone on this forum a Bozo Rambo.
    QUOTE]

Maybe you didn't. I already said I hope I am mistaking your meaning.
    But it sure does SEEM like you are denigrating the other people in this thread as if you think THEY are "bozo Rambos".

"Insert your Jackie Chan-Dirty Harry self into the fray"

Sorry I misunderstood you. I am not looking for a board war.
    I just think other people have other ideas about what to do and that there are no right or wrong answers.

To be honest, I would be just as appalled if MY daughter were killed in there and I found out that not only do you carry but you KNEW ABOUT IT and did NOTHING.

But I wouldn't say "you will not know what hit you".

But whatever. There is no reason to battle this out. You have your reaction, I have mine. Let's just keep our daughters out of the same Walgreens at the same times, eh?

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Geds; November 22nd, 2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: left out a [, screwed up the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I may get chastised for this, but I'm drawing my gun, covering it by taking off my jacket so no one can see, and I'm going in right then. I'll look like just another customer to the BG's.

If I have time for phone calls to warn her and notify the police, that's good. But I'm going in, period, and I'm not waiting. I'll pretend to be an unassuming customer right up until I do what needs to be done, whether that is finding her and taking her out the back, or removing the threat altogether.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I leave my daughter inside a store alone with armed BG's, regardless of whether it costs me my life or not. I'll have the element of surprise, and the element of determination. Protection of my family is my primary reason for being on this earth, and I'm not going to shy away from it because I might get hurt. Escalate the situation? If needed to save her life, you betcha.

I couldn't live with myself if I stayed outside calling the police, and my child was killed. I'm going in now, without hesitation.

Easy call.
    You won't get chastised by me. I would do exactly the same thing. Saving my family is my only focus at that point. I ain't worried about anyone else. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 2AMomma View Post
    just another hitch to add - in Kansas Walgreens are posted non-concealed carry, so what if you dropped her off, and were waiting in the car(so as not to violate the signage) and you saw this going down...?
    Corporate policy will be ignored to save the life of mine. Thankfully the number of places with thsoe stupid signs decreases every month here in Ohio, as we've had CCW for a few years now.

Walgreens are not posted in my area.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links