Robbery going down with your kid inside - Page 5

Robbery going down with your kid inside

This is a discussion on Robbery going down with your kid inside within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From the Florida story: Arthur Hayhoe, the executive director of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, said this case is "a tough call" for ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Robbery going down with your kid inside

From the Florida story:
    Arthur Hayhoe, the executive director of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, said this case is "a tough call" for a group that favors strict gun laws.

He said he won't "second-guess" a parent defending his son, but Hayhoe is troubled with the second shooting.

"It's still a shooting of an unarmed person, and that's always troubling," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    Interjecting yourself may sound good. It may make you feel good that you are more than willing to lay you life on the line for your family. But the results may well be far from what you had hoped for and other parents kids may be left bleeding on the floor. But then that's not your problem is it?
    Quite honestly, no, I don't think it is my problem.

The failure of other people to prepare their defense against violent crime is not my concern. Making sure my loved ones live is.

Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post
    2-If MY daughter is killed as a direct result of a BOZO RAMBO attempting to get to HIS daughter in a store robbery into the headwind of 3 armed BGs, there will be a big problem.
    Such as what?

Lawsuit? Good luck winning it.

Come after the person who went in to rescue his offspring? A person that has shown the determination to face danger to save his own kin? Good luck with that one too.

There may be other ways into the store besides the front. The first one I would try would be the side and back doors, followed by the drive up windown.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post
    What are the odds the situation will turn into a Cluster Muck without your HELP? Maybe 1 to 2 chances in a hundred?

Insert your Jackie Chan-Dirty Harry self into the fray ... What are the odds of a Cluster Muck WITH your HELP?
    Hate to sound cold hearted, but other people are other people's problem. Mine are my problem. If enough other people carried the tools to solve their own problems, there would be less problems to solve.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Something to keep in mind, most states that have shield laws to protect us from civil liability limit that protection to actions filed by the bad guy or his family. None of the shield laws I am aware of offer us any protection from third parties that are injured during the event. In other words, if you get in there and take the bad guys out without missing or them getting a shot off, great! But if you take a shot, and it hits someone other than a bad guy, you are in a legal s*** storm. Or if the bad guys obtained what they wanted and were exiting peacefully, and then you entered and engaged them, your escalation could end up making you liable for their rounds too.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    going in is inherently going to make the situation worse. I'm calling the cops and chilling outside to the side of the door. They arn't going to get far.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Also, rereading the OP, I notice that it doesn't say what kind of masks, and nowhere does it say weapons are evident. Playing devils advocate here, what if they are surgical masks? Anyone remember the big to do about SARS? On the little information we have, we are all assuming these guys are bad guys. Yes, here on the board we have the title of the thread that sort of steers us to this mindset, but what if these guys just came back from over seas and picked up a very contagious bug? They called in their prescription from the hospital and are picking it up on their way home. E/R Doc gave them masks so as not to spread the bug until the antibiotics kick in.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Also, rereading the OP, I notice that it doesn't say what kind of masks, and nowhere does it say weapons are evident. Playing devils advocate here, what if they are surgical masks? Anyone remember the big to do about SARS? On the little information we have, we are all assuming these guys are bad guys. Yes, here on the board we have the title of the thread that sort of steers us to this mindset, but what if these guys just came back from over seas and picked up a very contagious bug? They called in their prescription from the hospital and are picking it up on their way home. E/R Doc gave them masks so as not to spread the bug until the antibiotics kick in.
    I don't recall seeing any post that said they would shoot them with-out provocation, so they should be fine.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member
    He is my response--I, like most will be going in to assure the safety of my kid. I will not be calling 911 on my way in, because of every recorded call I have heard, they ask you way to many questions and I do not have time on my side to answer them. I would also like the possibility of getting out of the store before the cops arrived, and it turned into a hostage situation. I also will be going in under the radar like many posters here. My first stop will be to get a shopping cart, and fill it with as many items of substance as I can while finding my kid. This makes me appear to be a shopper, it also gives me some cover if needed..If the situation dictated, I would put my weapon in the small basket by the handles. This would provide a quick presentation if needed.

Once I find my kid, we are out the back/side door as quickly and quietly as possible. If that is not possible, I am heading for the rest-room to hold up in a stall. No one gets in the stall. If I am forced into the rest-room, then I am calling 911, because if the BG's are taking the time to sweep the rest-room, it probably is not going to turn out very good.

If the BG's would prevent us from leaving-----well you could expect to hear (CLEAN UP IN ISLE 7) over the intercom.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    going in is inherently going to make the situation worse. I'm calling the cops and chilling outside to the side of the door. They arn't going to get far.
    The aim of going in is not to detain/confront/arrest the robbers. The aim of going in is to make sure a child of one is whisked to safety ASAP.

In this scenario, what the robbers take or their getaway is not my concern. The life of my daughter is. And my character negates doing nothing if I have the means to do something useful. Useful to me, that is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links