I was shot at last night - Page 2

I was shot at last night

This is a discussion on I was shot at last night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had several SIMunition training days. One was an active school shooting scenario the others were traffic stops and clearing a house. I would ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was shot at last night

I have had several SIMunition training days. One was an active school shooting scenario the others were traffic stops and clearing a house.

I would agree with XD in SC about training with SIMs if you get a chance (DO IT). I think were the best training days I have ever had. You're using a real gun shooting real ammo at a real threat. You get to see how you would operate under some pressure too (close to real world).

XD in SC, sounds like you got a taste of the life of an LEO. It's fun and scary at the same time isn't it? Sorry to hear you took one in the throat.

Have fun and stay safe, state6three8

Damn, I can't sign up fast enough. Too bad I've never heard about anything like that being offered around here.
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

When I lived in Southern Indiana I got to be friends with a sheriff’s deputy I meet through competitive shooting, he worked 2nd shift. As we were talking one day he asked if I wanted to ride on patrol with him, I asked if I could be armed just incase. He said "Why do you think I want you to ride along, you better be armed". I started riding 1 night a week, then 3, then 4, then I was ridding with him 5 & 6 nights a week (6 on 3 off).

When I was ridding on a regular bases I carried a 1911 with 2 spare mags on the belt, .380 in back pocket and had a shortie AR with tritium sights and a dressed up REM 1100 in a case in the trunk. Most nights we were the only unit on duty in the county after 9:00 PM. Most of the split, 2nd and 3rd shift deputies had armed buddies ridding along. Guess things are a little different in the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Guess things are a little BETTER in the sticks.
    There I fixed it for you...

XD, you died well. Can you share why you did not raise your pistol when you saw the rm's gun?
    It seem like that would be my first reponse.
    These are always fun and I wondered if there was a reason you did not go to condition red/red or in the excitement did you just overlook that?
    Great story, thanks for sharing.

that sounds like fun. what a good experiance

OH Oh!! I want a turn!! :)
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    XD, how is it determined that you were "shot in the throat"?
    Do these SIM guns fire paint or something?

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Now that sounds like fun on a stick!

Great story. Shows how important it is to be in tune with your partner. In a situation like that I would want to be damn sure where they were and what they were thinking.

You got to reset and evaluate instead of being dead.

Thanks for the story.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I'm guessing it was one of these:

http://www.simunition.com/cartridges/fx_training_en.php

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    good story Sim-training is cool

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Yes.

Simunitions = Paintball From Hell.

Smaller diameter, higher velocity. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    XD, you died well. Can you share why you did not raise your pistol when you saw the rm's gun?
    It seem like that would be my first reponse.
    These are always fun and I wondered if there was a reason you did not go to condition red/red or in the excitement did you just overlook that?
    Great story, thanks for sharing.
    Some of it was the situation and stress of thinking through "how the department" would handle it. We were supposed to be acting as an officer. I was focused on him and his actions at the close distance.

But We all say we will or we can until we get to that scenario........Then you know for sure! If it was the real world, not an exercise, then I would have backed up and drawn.

AS stated above yes paintball from hell!

We used pink sims, they used blue. I had 1 shot in the right side of my throat shield, he had 5 shoots in lower ab.

Still the most fun and eye opening experience you can have! And still tell everyone that I died.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Thanks for sharing, you are so right, we train for it, but when it all comes down, we only hope we will make th right moves and descisions.

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    Some of it was the situation and stress of thinking through "how the department" would handle it. We were supposed to be acting as an officer. I was focused on him and his actions at the close distance.

But We all say we will or we can until we get to that scenario........Then you know for sure! If it was the real world, not an exercise, then I would have backed up and drawn.
    No offense intended, but why would you treat a threat in a training scenario any differently than in real life? I would hope that your response in real life would be different because if not, you'll be dead.

There are many quotes from SGM. Ed Parker (founder of American Kenpo) regarding realism in training. One of my favorites is: "What you're doing [in training] is what you will do [for real] so if what you are doing isn't what you will want to do, then what are you doing?"
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links