Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED

This is a discussion on Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Get the hell out of there through the nearest store's fire exit. Avoid the mall entrances, as they are probably death funnels....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED

Get the hell out of there through the nearest store's fire exit. Avoid the mall entrances, as they are probably death funnels.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R View Post
    Get the hell out of there through the nearest store's fire exit. Avoid the mall entrances, as they are probably death funnels.
    Seems the most reasonable action at this point.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

My question is why are you still there? At the first sound of gunfire you should have taken yourself and your family to the nearest exit away from the gunfire and sought a safe location. It is not your responsibility to protect all those people, just yourself and your family.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    My question is why are you still there? At the first sound of gunfire you should have taken yourself and your family to the nearest exit away from the gunfire and sought a safe location. It is not your responsibility to protect all those people, just yourself and your family.
    I agree, this is the most prudent and safest idea in this situation....IMHO.
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Still not enough info.

Get your family and self out don't stick around. If you are about to be engaged then stop the threat. If I happen to find some super great cover and the BG starts shooting I may choose to stop the threat.

A better idea.... Don't go to the mall. I take pride in only stepping foot in the mall about once a year.

VIP Member

wow

I would have left the area,pronto...Iam not going to be around to watch some bozo with or without a ccw or chl that thinks he is a hero, wave a firearm around,and watch him get shot by a real Law Enforcement Officer....
    First sounds of gunfire ....Iam so gone I passed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by state6three8 View Post
    I take pride in only stepping foot in the mall about once a year.
    Ditto, but my once a year is definitely not during Christmas.

I dig internet shopping, and whatever I have to buy locally I can find outside the mall.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    Pretend to join the "scared stupid" sheeple, hunker down, and watch. For all I know it's a cop or ccw holder. If the guy starts aiming at people, then I draw and fire.
    You only option, I think. You KNOW you are not the bg. You don't know whether the guy you can now see with a gun is gg or bg. If he starts to draw on people, take appropriate action. If he heads for the door, let him go. You still don't whether he is gg or bg. He could be a ccw holder just trying to get out of the mall alive.

I agree with the concept of getting the heck outta Dodge. Only thing that concerns me is that when my fiancee and I go to the mall, we often split up. No way I'm leaving my fiancee goodness knows where with multiple shots fired. I think at that point the best wisdom is as others have said, join the herd, look scared (just conjure up images of Hillary getting elected, should make you look like everyone else) and try to figure out what's going on.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

Semper Vigilans et Paratus

This just happened, strange how it nearly matches this post.

OMAHA, Neb. - A man with a rifle opened fire at a busy shopping mall Wednesday, killing eight people before taking his own life. Five more people were wounded, two critically.
    Shoppers and employees ran screaming through the mall and barricaded themselves in dressing rooms after hearing gunfire. The gunman was found dead on the third floor of the Von Maur department store in the Westroads Mall, in a prosperous neighborhood on the city's west side.
    "My knees rocked. I didn't know what to do, so I just ran with everybody else," said Kevin Kleine, 29, who was shopping with her 4-year-old daughter. She said she hid in a dressing room with four other shoppers and an employee.
    Keith Fidler, a Von Maur employee, said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 more rounds. Fidler said he huddled in the corner of the men's clothing department with about a dozen other employees until police yelled to get out of the store.
    Sgt. Teresa Negron said the gunman killed eight people, then apparently killed himself. His name was not immediately released, and authorities gave no motive for the attack and did not know whether he said anything during the rampage.
    A witness, Shawn Vidlak, said he heard four or five rapid shots "like a nail gun." At first he thought it was noise from construction work going on at the mall.
    "People started screaming about gunshots," Vidlak said. "I grabbed my wife and kids we got out of there as fast as we could."
    Shortly after the shooting, a group of shoppers came out of the building with their hands raised. Some were still holding shopping bags.
    President Bush was in town Wednesday for a fundraiser in Omaha, but left about an hour before the shooting.
    The sprawling, three-level mall has more than 135 stores and restaurants, according to the Web site for General Growth Properties, the manager of the mall. It gets 14.5 million visitors every year, according to the Web site.
    ___

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I didn't notice that he said he was at the mall with his family, only that he was at the food court eating nachos.
    Some people take it upon themselves to protect others. I would consider that an unselfish and noble cause.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Find cover and protect your self and loved ones if attacked .

Get in a store and out the back door...damn the alarms, maybe it will hasten the cops...

By the way, are you psychic?

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Not psychic, about twenty years ago I worked security in a mall at Christmas time. Some of us used to sit around and "what if?" each other to death. I have also taken some psych classes for some of the work I did with my old department, and when I heard about the D.H.S. warning I just started thinking that there are some bent tools out there that just wont be able to resist. This could be the only way this guy thought he could make himself relevant in some way. This is why I hate it when the media publishes the killers name. There are people out there that want to prove they are somebody. People know who Eric Harris and Dylan Kliebold are, but who can name two of their victims?

I did almost freak out a little bit when there was an unconfirmed report on Headline news that a second shooter was taken into custody at a bus stop outside the mall.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd probaby hurry up and refill my drink... this might take a while.
    Great answer, on a similar note, here is related question taken from a Vietnam military web site:

QUESTION: How Much Time Do I Have?

ANSWER: If it's 82mm, then finish your coffee and then walk over to the bunker.

ANSWER: And if it's NVA 130mm, you didn't have time to think about it anyway.

QUESTION: Is it Enemy Incoming or Friendly Outgoing?

ANSWER: Because felt compelled to ask whether it is incoming or outgoing, you are safe in concluding that it is outgoing, so relax and have another cup of coffee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links