Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED - Page 4

Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED

This is a discussion on Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like to read other peoples post and seldom write my own opinion, but this event is getting all too common. Who knows when or ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Holiday Shopping at the Mall / Mall Shooting Scenario: What Would You Do?: MERGED

I like to read other peoples post and seldom write my own opinion, but this event is getting all too common. Who knows when or where something like this will happen next. I can't say what I would do in every situation. If I were certain about who the bg was, I couldn't watch him or her mow down other people. No I don't want to be a hero, but I couldn't watch some freak kill innocent people while I could stop him. I know it's not my responsibility to protect everyone, just myself and my family but in this situation, I'm going to warm up the barrel on my Glock.
    Last edited by STORMVET; December 9th, 2007 at 07:39 PM.
    The most and best is known to the man who quits his bed before sunrise... who spends his days on the mountains and forests...who bears the heat and cold and hunger and thirst, for the love of nature...to visit the utmost refuges of beast and bird .....Alfred Pease

me
    In the stated events, Pass the popcorn.

In the Mall shooting in Omaha if he has a rifle he is probably not a gg. I will fire on him.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I was at a mall just yesterday, and I did a little "if-then" thinking.

IF I heard gunshots, I would send my family out through the nearest exit opposite the sound of the shots, and then I would move rapidly TOWARD the sound of the shots, and in the opposite direction of nearly everyone else, no doubt. I figured I'd leave my pistol holstered and concealed until I got close.

Seeing some of the more rash answers here, I now see that that last part would be a very wise decision. As for engaging or disengaging, I'm going in unless it's patently obvious that there are multiple shooters. I'm not about to stand idly by or flee if I think there's a decent chance of stopping the killing.

(But that's me, and the heart and soul of my profession. People rightfully EXPECT cops to DO SOMETHING. The only thing I'd expect of you is.......don't shoot me, okay?)

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Wait....."from multiple locations"...

I missed that part the first time around.

Time to leave, and to encourage as many people as possible to leave immediately, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    You could just hunker down behind the nacho machine in case it takes a while. Good cover would be that tub of cheese, no rounds can pass all the way through that.
    Yes, but if it splashes the wife gets kinda ticked about yellow stains...

Huh, I just re-read that... No I did not mean those yellow stains... Really...

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    As for engaging or disengaging, I'm going in unless it's patently obvious that there are multiple shooters. I'm not about to stand idly by or flee if I think there's a decent chance of stopping the killing.

(But that's me, and the heart and soul of my profession. People rightfully EXPECT cops to DO SOMETHING. The only thing I'd expect of you is.......don't shoot me, okay?)
    But there is much more -- you have the sheep dog mentality -- which I hope is shared by CHL's (who should be willing to render assistance if needed, but without trying to be a wannabe cop).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links