Invasion... While In The Shower - Page 2

Invasion... While In The Shower

This is a discussion on Invasion... While In The Shower within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rob72 Dude. Why do you think they make Ziplock freezer bags...? - I'm not the only one!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Invasion... While In The Shower

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Dude. Why do you think they make Ziplock freezer bags...?
    - I'm not the only one!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Why do you need a shower?
    Actually, this scenario can easily be overcome as already described.
    I've a question thought; I have read about some of you who have a gun here, one there, and 2 in the corner and am wondering if this is really necessary and are we becoming a bit paranoid? Or, since I have not seen as much crime as many of you, do you feel compelled to have this much protection because of the way, place or happenstance you live in?
    Please don't think this is a put down, I believe you should be able to protect yourselves, just wondering if you situations are different than mine?

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I am usually getting undressed before jumping in the shower not going from room to room (I got kids). Therefore, I naturally have my gun in with me when I go in.

The gun gets unholstered and placed under a towell on the vanity. If the SHTF it is only a wet reach away. The biggest problem is making sure not sure to slip on the tile hurring out to confront the BG.

As for the cats......well.....
    Last edited by JD; December 10th, 2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: You missed the pic comments about 30 minutes ago...that's not needed.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

JD
    Administrator
    OK all, that's about enough of the pic. comments, that ship sailed about an hour and a half ago...

I know it's all in fun but lets keep it professional and respectful.

Senior Moderator
    How bout purchasing a kelvar bath curtain?
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    How bout purchasing a kelvar bath curtain?
    No can do, pliable kevlar retains too much water and then we'd have a mildew problem.

Senior Moderator
    Okay, now that I started this stinken thread I can't get the scene from "Psycho" out of my head.

Norman Bates with the butcher knife dressed in his mother's wig and dress and that darned plastic shower curtain.

DC Founder
    If I'm not mistaken, Betty said somewhere in a thread here that she keeps one of these hanging in her shower. Always seemed a pretty good idea to me.

For me personally, I would just yank open the shower curtain real fast. I'm pretty sure they would pass out on the spot....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Betty said somewhere in a thread here that she keeps one of these hanging in her shower. Always seemed a pretty good idea to me.

For me personally, I would just yank open the shower curtain real fast. I'm pretty sure they would pass out on the spot....
    Why am I not surprised...about Betty that is.

I make sure all the doors are locked if I am taking a shower when home alone, I hope my wife does to, but can't count on that one all the time. Anyway, I don't have enough hair to worry about soap being in my eyes if I have to get out real quick, so I have one up on some of you there. My showers only last about 5 minutes or less, so statistically, I should have a much less risk of this happening while I am in there as opposed to you Lima, or my wife that sometimes could be clocked on a calendar.

One other advantage that some of us guys have, is that if an intruder did happen in while we are in the shower, in some cases that would be enough of a deterant of seeing us naked running at them telling them to leave. Others wouldn't be so much of a deterant.

I do not put my carry gun in a ziplock bag or any such thing while I am taking a shower, rarely is it even in the bathroom with me when in the shower.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

AMH
    My bathroom is small and the toilet sits next to the shower. I place my weapon on the toilet tank so it is only an arms length away.

I have wondered if the steam from the shower would somehow damage the weapon, but I have never noticed any rust or anything of the sort.

And I’ll second the previous mentions of people being freaked out by an unclothed person screaming at them to leave. One time (back when I was in much better physical shape than I am now) when I was living in the barracks a bunch of other soldiers were drunk and running up and down the hallway being loud and obnoxious. It was in the middle of the night and I was trying to sleep. Completely annoyed I hopped out of bed and burst through my door into the hallway and proceeded to give the soldiers (some female) a royal tongue lashing. They where totally silent and stunned, they didn’t say a word, not even to apologized. I then slammed the door, and it was at this moment that I realized that I was completely nude! I must have completely freaked them out because I didn’t hear even so much as a squeak out of them for the rest of the night. The next day at the unit however everybody totally busted my chops. I was referred to as the crazy naked guy for months!
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

My solution to this problem? Pocket carry...in my robe.

Every night when I go to bed I take my S&W 638 from my pants pocket and put it and a speed loader in my right robe pocket and a small flashlight in the left. The robe is hanging close to my bed.

This has been great for me. When I get up in the morning I get my robe on and go to the bathroom (not connected) and take a shower. The robe is hanging close enough to get to the gun just by reaching out of the shower. I just fold robe over to keep the gun dry. So far no problems with moisture getting to the gun.

This is also great for those things that go bump in the night. I can get out of bed put on my glasses, robe, and grab my shotgun in just a few seconds and keep it quite.

Lastly its also nice to know the gun is there when I get up for a late night snack I won't be caught away from my gun.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    My gun is sitting on the bathroom counter while i'm in the shower. Any BG's break in, they'll have to deal with the gun and me in my b-day suit behind it

I'd let the dogs have some fun.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    can you say "Marine" Magnum?
    Put a rack in the shower for it. Actually, I have a loaded gun in a drawer in the bathroom.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links